Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Shakya (Sanskrit: kya, Devanagari: , Pli: Skya) is a Suryavanshi [1] Kshatriya [2] clan of Hindu religion. The name is derived from the Sanskrit word akya which means capable, able. The Genealogy of Shakyas is found in Book IV of Vishnu Purana,[3] the Shrimad Bhagavatam [4] and the Brahma Purana.[5]

The kyas formed an independent republican state, known as Sakya Gaa-rjya. The kya capital was Kapilavastu (Pli: Kapilavatthu) present-day Nepal, lies near to the border of present-day Uttar Pradesh state of India.[6] This system of administration is adopted by the Constitution of India which identifies India as a republican state or Ganatantra (republic).

The most famous Shakya was the prince Siddhartha Shakya (5th cent. BCE) who was the founder of Buddhism and came to be known as Gautama Buddha. Siddhartha was the son of Suddhodana. Suddodhana was the elected leader of Shakya Republic. As Gautama Buddha founded a new religion and abdicted the throne, so the lineage continued with his son Rahula.

According to Garuda Purana[7] (1.86.10-11), Buddha is the ninth avatar of Vishnu; Rama and Krishna were seventh and eighth avatars respectively.

kanchhii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
we are not saying anything to india...we are just saying k zee tv again told in recap that eastern bharat..it hurt the many nepalese ppl...n lumbini is birthplace of budhha...lumbini is the zone of nepal n kapilbastu is district .of nepal..we dont have any problem if they show life journey of Lord Buddha...but yesterday whatI saw in promo they again clamied eastern india...shame on u zee shame shame shame..
Lord Buddha is pride of our nation...and no we wont be able to handle it...we love india...we respect india a lot...but what zee has told...we cant support we just support the truth...
RoseFairy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kanchazkanchi

we are not saying anything to india...we are just saying k zee tv again told in recap that eastern bharat..it hurt the many nepalese ppl...n lumbini is birthplace of budhha...lumbini is the zone of nepal n kapilbastu is district .of nepal..we dont have any problem if they show life journey of Lord Buddha...but yesterday whatI saw in promo they again clamied eastern india...shame on u zee shame shame shame..
Lord Buddha is pride of our nation...and no we wont be able to handle it...we love india...we respect india a lot...but what zee has told...we cant support we just support the truth...

well i am again telling that i support you in this case what zee tv has done is no doubt wrong i ofcourse accept that the show should have given right information about Buddha's birthplace which is no doubt in Nepal

we are just trying to calm the matter down and maintain a peaceful atmosphere in this forum and requesting you all to please cooperate and make constructive discussions on show and buddha's history and philosophy
kanchhii thumbnail

Originally posted by: RoseFairy

well i am again telling that i support you in this case what zee tv has done is no doubt wrong i ofcourse accept that the show should have given right information about Buddha's birthplace which is no doubt in Nepal

we are just trying to calm the matter down and maintain a peaceful atmosphere in this forum and requesting you all to please cooperate and make constructive discussions on show and buddha's history and philosophy

I agree with you dear..but ZEE shud rerallly try to correct their mistake...Once u come to Nepal ...Gautam Buddha is our pride dear...he is our National Hero...light of Asia..And we are proud he was n prince of Nepal...Andu can imagine yourself in place of ours right? Isn't the makers of zee tv dominating it...after so much of protest also ...we ove indian shows we watch...it wid so much of love n respect..but if they always try to so like this this hurts the nepalese ppl wont it...??besides we just want to prove Buddha was born in Nepal ..we hav nothing against india...we both r neighbours...we need each other right?
RoseFairy thumbnail
we know buddha was born in nepal and accept that zee should correct the mistake but what can we viewers do? i am historylover and it hurt me too when they gave wrong info abt kapilavastu's location
milton_friedman thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kanchazkanchi

read the written update it says kapalivastu i.e. not bharat 🥱
kanchhii thumbnail

Originally posted by: jadugar

read the written update it says kapalivastu i.e. not bharat 🥱

i saw the episode it told eastern bharat...purv bharat,,,,,,come on
milton_friedman thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
do you have any link ????
i saw the episode it told eastern bharat...purv bharat,,,,,,come on