Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

'Bajirao Mastani' - With 75 Days To Go, The Countdown Has Begun For Ranveer-Deepika-Priyanka Starrer

By Joginder Tuteja, MovieTalkies.com
03 October 2015 04:22 PM IST
SHARES
FacebookTwitterGoogle+WhatsAppEmail

Exactly 75 days remain for the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's dream epic film, Bajirao Mastani. The film has been in news for over a decade, ever since the filmmaker expressed his desire to make the historical romantic action affair. Several cast changes, speculations and rumors later, the film turned super-hot when it was finally announced with Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone playing Bajirao and Mastani respectively and Priyanka Chopra stepping in as Kashibai. While the hype has been tremendous ever since, the film is now all set to kick-start its marketing and promotional campaign in a major way.

"It is about getting into the third gear now, what with an extensive two minute long teaser (that was unveiled way back in July) followed by the first songGajanana. That was launched in September at a Pune stadium with Bhansali, Ranveer and Deepika cheering along with 5000 students who had come together to form the biggest human formation of Lord Ganesha. The momentum is certainly there and there is a lot more planned over the next few weeks," informs our source.

One of the first steps in this direction would be the launch of a new theatrical promo, which would go beyond the teaser and feature a lot of dialogues as well. Also, Priyanka Chopra too would be back from Montreal to Mumbai in a few days from now and with Quantico already keeping her hot in the international circuits, her 'desi' avtar in Bajirao Mastani is slated to be a complete antithesis of sorts.

"It is going to be exciting times since this is one of the biggest films of Eros International this year," a trade insider adds, "The film has been produced by them along with Sanjay Leela Bhansali and in terms of canvas, grandeur, scale and setting, it is their most ambitious too. They have scored heavily with two simple films this year in the form of Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Tanu Weds Manu Returns, both of which are designated All Time Blockbusters. Now with Bajirao Mastani, they are expected to take Hindi cinema to the next level."

With the film all set to release on 18th December and exactly 75 days remaining, the countdown begins 'now'!

DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Deepika, Anushka, Alia Wish Priyanka for Quantico

Press Trust of India | September 27, 2015 19:07 IST (Mumbai)
inShare
Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra on the sets of Quantico with Ginger Zee. This image was posted on Instagram by Priyanka Chopra

DEEPIKA, 29, WHO WILL BE SEEN SHARING SCREEN SPACE WITH PRIYANKA IN SANJAY LEELA BHANSALI'S BAJIRAO MASTANI, WISHED HER CO-STAR ON TWITTER. THE 33-YEAR-OLD MARY KOM STAR IN TURN PRAISED DEEPIKA'S UPCOMING FILM TAMASHA, WITH A THANK YOU NOTE

Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma and Alia Bhatt seemed to have proven the old adage: 'Heroines cannot be friends' wrong as they have come forward in support of Priyanka Chopra, ahead of the premiere of her American debut TV series Quantico.

The show, which will mark the actress' big break in the international platform, airs on Sunday in the US.

Deepika, 29, who will be seen sharing screen space with Priyanka in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani, wished her co-star on Twitter. The 33-year-old Mary Kom star in turn praised Deepika's upcoming film Tamasha, with a thank you note:

Thank u so much @deepikapadukone Tamasha looks awesome.. Can't wait! http://t.co/Yr8HyJyC0S

? PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) September 26, 2015

Alia, 22, wrote: The 33-year-old Mary Kom star in turn praised Deepika's upcoming film Tamasha, with a thank you note:

Anushka, who worked with Priyanka in for Zoya Akhtar's Dil Dhadakne Do, said that she is excited to see the show.

Quantico revolves around a group of young Federal Bureau of Investigation recruits, who are training at the FBI Training Academy in Quantico, Virginia. (Also Read: Priyanka Chopra: I Was Sceptical to Sign Quantico)

Priyanka plays the lead character of Alex Parrish, who becomes the FBI's prime suspect following a terrorist attack.

Actress Preity Zinta tweeted that she saw the first episode of the show and was proud of the Gunday star.

Sushmita Sen too had an exchange of tweets with Priyanka:

Actress Bipasha Basu shared a picture of Billboards filled with Priyanka's show along with her tweet:

Actress Genelia Deshmukh wrote:

Quantico will premiere in India on October 3 on Star World and Star World Premiere HD.
inShare
DEEPZzzz thumbnail

'I Was Once Told By My Producer That Girls Are Interchangeable': Priyanka Chopra

BY NAMRATA KARKHANIS Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Pee Cee on income disparity between actors and actresses

PRIYANKA CHOPRA

Read more about Priyanka Chopra

The issue of income disparity between the male and female stars in Bollywood has irked many an actress. And it was recently reported in an article in bollywoodlife.com that this is an issue that both Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone feel strongly about. The two female leads of Bajirao Mastani have, in fact, often discussed it while spending time together on the sets.
PC admits in an interview to bollywoodlife.com how she and Dippy discussed the issue while shooting for the film. "Deepika and I were talking about how there's a huge disparity between men and women. Not just here, but globally," Priyanka said. She adds, "Not just in this business, but in any job of authority. Male CEOs get paid a lot more than female CEOs. So to be taken seriously as women, it'll be a battle that lasts a long time. I think I always have that kind of attitude and believe Deepika has that attitude as well. People keep making fun of us on the sets, calling it our big talk'," she laughs.
The difference in the outlook towards men and women in the industry is something Priyanka, who has seens the highs and the lows in this field in the last 15 years, cannot stand. "I have had a point of view on this since the time I joined movies. I came from a very academic background. So I didn't initially understand the disparity between men and women so much. In my first few films, once I was told by my producer that girls are interchangeable. Hero nahi change kar sakte, but agar aapki dates match nahi kar rahi ya aap ek certain remuneration maang rahe ho, toh aap jao. Hum nayi ladki launch kar denge."
Wishing for change, the actress says, "I am not asking for equality. I really want there to be relevance to girls in the movie business. I am not saying treat us equally, because it's a long way to go for India as a nation as well. But give some relevance to our minds, opinions as talents or actors. I am really happy to see all the actresses today coming together to support this cause. Whether it's Vidya, Deepika, me, Kangana, Anushka, we sort of come together on this relevance issue, contrary to what people believe about us actresses. I think if we stand by each other, change will definitely happen."
Bollywoodlife also documented some of the things other actresses have said on this issue:
Parineeti Chopra said, "It's the unfortunate truth that men are paid more than women. Of course, the bigger stars who have been here for 20-30 years deserve the salary they receive. But I'm talking about male and female actors who are at the same level. Whether they are new or old"even at my sister's level or my level, there's a huge disparity between what the boys get paid and what the girls are getting paid. It's just sad and I hope it goes away soon."
Bajrangi Bhaijaan actress Kareena Kapoor said, "I don't think there's too much of a disparity. Actresses are paid what they should be. At least, I am happy the way I get paid. And honestly, an actor or actress' pay depends on the budget of the film. That's why it's always nice to do a film with Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh, Akshay, Ajay because the budget is always high. (Laughs)"
Aashiqui 2 girl Shraddha Kapoor said, "I do a film for the film's sake. I earn my money from my brands. At this stage, I only want the best films. That's my mindset. But as far as I know, it's a male dominated fraternity. For example, when a film does well, the heroes get the maximum benefit. But when it doesn't, they only get the maximum flak. It will be really nice if there could be a little more balanced outlook towards the difference in remuneration."
DEEPZzzz thumbnail

BO clash of Shah Rukh Khan's "Dilwale", "Bajirao Mastani" unfortunate: Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra feels it is unfortunate that there is a clash between her upcoming film "Bajirao Mastani" and Shah Rukh Khan's "Dilwale".

By: PTI | Mumbai | Updated: October 5, 2015 6:38 pm
Shah Rukh Khan's "Dilwale" and Priyanka Chopra's "Bajirao Mastani" are scheduled for release on December 18.

Actress Priyanka Chopra feels it is unfortunate that there is a clash between her upcoming film "Bajirao Mastani" and superstar Shah Rukh Khans "Dilwale".

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Bajirao Mastani", a love saga, features Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Priyanka in lead roles.

While "Dilwale" is a comedy-action film, directed by Rohit Shetty. It stars Shah Rukh, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon.

"Dilwale" and "Bajirao Mastani" are scheduled for release on December 18.

"Both the films will do well as both are different from each other. It is unfortunate that both the films are coming together. I am hopeful that both will do well. I wish luck to the team of Dilwale'," Priyanka told PTI.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/box-office-clash-of-shah-rukh-khans-dilwale-bajirao-mastani-unfortunate-priyanka-chopra/#sthash.EnbESLhw.dpuf
DEEPZzzz thumbnail

I'M THE FEMALE JASON BOURNE': PRIYANKA CHOPRA

By Sanyukta Iyer, Mumbai Mirror | Oct 6, 2015, 10.02 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
I'm the female Jason Bourne': Priyanka Chopra
During the course of an interview in Los Angeles last Thursday, Priyanka Chopra was stunned when she was asked about her feelings on being nominated by VH1 for the 2015 Europe Music Awards. The actress was unaware of her nomination for the Best Act category in the Worldwide Act section. She has collaborated with DMX-Nasa on her latest single, "Meltdown," and has been nominated alongside Taylor Swift, James Reid, Ed Sheeran and Ruby Rose.

"The nomination is a pleasant surprise. I've been such a bad mother to my music," she admitted to Mirror from Montreal. "I've ignored it for so long, juggling it between my films and Quantico. Once all this settles down, I'll be able to focus on it more."

ABC's Quantico, which began airing in the US on September 27, premiered in India last Sunday to a whopping 7.1 million views. The 33-year-old actress admits to feeling like a new kid on the block enjoying the new big adventure.

PeeCee, who plays the half-American, half-Indian FBI recruit Alex Parrish, is currently living in her sprawling Canada-bungalow with mom Madhu, brother Siddharth and her cousins. She says she owes her 'big American dream' to her London-born managerturned confidante, Anjula Acharia-Bath, who convinced ABC President Paul Lee, to meet the actress in India. "I was clear that I wanted a part that matched my Bollywood status. And I didn't want to see anyone on TV who looked like me," she explains.

"Quantico is quintessential TV. I'm the female Jason Bourne or Jack Bauer. But I'm not the torchbearer or messiah for Indian actors in the West. If something that I do helps other Indian actors to be taken seriously, that would be great."

But her own channel mistook her for another Miss World, Yukta Mookhey. PeeCeee laughs off the mistake saying it's no big deal. "Everybody makes mistakes and they publicly apologised for it too. It's behind me, darling," she laughs.

Is she aware that Blade superstar, Wesley Snipes has an eye on her for his upcoming Hollywood thriller? "They're calling me the next big thing, but I don't know what that means for me. I don't know if I am ready for the big, bad world of Hollywood," Priyanka states matter-of-factly, acing her American accent.

Compliment her on it, and she is quick to respond, "Hey, I worked really hard to roll my 'R'... rrr. It took me three days to say 'Counter Terrorism Task Force' right. I don't know what I sound like anymore, I usually don't sound so sexy," she says in a seductive, husky laugh. The actress is filming the 10th episode of season one and will fly down to Mumbai on Thursday to film the climax of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani. She will return to Montreal for a monthlong schedule which will result in a two-hour long season finale shoot.

"I will be signing two new Bollywood projects when I am in Mumbai," she reveals. Will one of them be Don 3? "I don't know, too early to tell," she quips, adding, "Quantico is quintessential TV, and it's not like I'm saying, "Hey, we're art, please take us seriously," so are my films. Like Parineeti (Chopra, cousin) puts it, I've set a standard for myself and am working really hard to maintain it. At the same time, my projects will never take your intelligence for granted," Priyanka signs off.
DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Priyanka misses father amidst 'Quantico' praise

By IANS, Tuesday, October 06, 2015
Bookmark and Share

Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra is being lauded for her international TV debut "Quantico" and the "Daddy's Li'l Girl" is missing her late father Ashok Chopra.

The "Dil Dhadakne Do" star's father died battling with cancer in 2013. A doctor by profession, he retired from the Indian Army in 1997 as Lieutenant Colonel.

"I miss my dad today. Always so happy for my achievements. The pride I saw in his eyes made me fly fearlessly knowing he'd catch me if I fall," Priyanka, who plays an FBI agent whose identity is shrouded by suspicion of being a terrorist in the show, tweeted on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old, who also has a tattoo of "Daddy's Li'l Girl" on her wrist, was crowned Miss World in 2000 and went on to join Bollywood in 2003 with "The Hero: Love Story of a Spy".

DEEPZzzz thumbnail
DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Word Count: 1

DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Priyanka Chopra nominated with Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran at the Europe Music Awards for her latest single Meltdown'!

Tue, October 6, 2015 6:39pm IST by Srishti Dixit
Priyanka Chopra nominated with Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran at the Europe Music Awards for her latest single Meltdown'!

And for all those who are clueless about this new single, read on to watch the full song!

From taking baby steps into the world of pop music with Will.I.Am's In My City to becoming a full-blown global pop-star with Pitbull's Exotic, Priyanka Chopra has come a long way! She may not be nominated for a Grammy just yet but she is definitely on the path as she has been nominated in theEurope Music Awards 2015 in the Best India Act category which falls under the worldwide category. The name of PC's single is Meltdown and it also features DMX-N.A.S.A. Are you wondering when did PC get the time to even record for this single amid her crazy shoot schedule for Jai Gangaajal, Bajirao Mastani and Quantico. Well, it is time to jog your memory.

Remember when we told you that PC will be recording for a new single with popular American DJ Sam Spiegel. Well, she did and that is the track that has been nominated at the Europe Music Awards. Sam Spiegel, together with DJ Zegon makes the N.A.S.A team which collaborated with PC for the single, Meltdown.

Here is a pic of PC and Sam Spiegel at the recording of the track

b9izfxacuaay3ib

PC is currently riding high on all the appreciation she has received for Quantico. When contacted by a leading daily to comment on her nomination in the same category as Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, James Reid and Ruby Rose she said, "The nomination is a pleasant surprise. I've been such a bad mother to my music. I've ignored it for so long, juggling it between my films and Quantico. Once all this settles down, I'll be able to focus on it more."

DEEPZzzz thumbnail

Word Count: 1