TOI: Is Shafaq Naaz miffed with Mahabharat makers?

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Is Shafaq Naaz miffed with Mahabharat makers?
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Sep 14, 2013, 04.25 PM IST

Is Shafaq Naaz miffed with Mahabharat makers?
Shafaq Naaz

The countdown has begun for Swastik Production's big ticket show Mahabharat which is all set to surface on TV screens from Monday (16, September) on Star Plus.

With the captivating promos bestowing each prominent characters of this mythological series, has created an amount of excitement amongst the viewers.

While, the major characters like Arjun (Shaheer Sheikh) , Shakuni ( Praneet Bhatt), Gandhari, Draupadi ( Pooja Sharma) are promoted immensely in the promotional activity of the show, seems like Kunti's character, which is of equal importance has been left behind.

If noticed there is no single promo on air of Kunti played by Shafaq Naaz on the channel nor there is any hoarding of her neither she was part of the Mahabharat's first look that was revealed.

On being asked about the same, Shafaq said, "I was just a little annoyed with the fact that such an important character is not promoted in the initial promotion of the show. Nevertheless, I am keeping my fingers crossed as I am very positive about the show. Just that I felt, promoting a character might give a kick to work more hard with utmost dedication. So now I am waiting for the show to go on air and of course my entry."

"I would rather say it might be some channel's strategy of promotion," signs off Shafaq.

We tried contacting Siddharth Tewary-Producer of Swastik Productions but he remained unavailable for the comments. We also dropped him a text message regarding the same.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Kunti is pretty major. They should have had promos featuring Kunti giving birth to Karna
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Duryodhan is also major but no promos on him either
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well when there is no character promo for dronacharya and bheem and duryodhan to phir kunti kahan se ayeegi.Aleast all 3 elder pandavs yudhistir,beem and arjun should have gotten promos.Arjun did but not the other two.They are the main heroes of Mahabharat othe rthan krishna
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think they should have had promos for all the following characters:
Bheeshma, Shakuni, Gandhari, Dhritarashtra, Krishna, Kunti, Draupadi, Bhima, Arjun, Karna, Yudhisthir & Duryodhan. That's enough for the commercial breaks, no matter how long
SRJKiShraddha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i think those ckt will be promoted later as they enter satayvati/shantu are for short tym