Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kanchhii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
,shakyas are nepali...and king suddodhana was a king of kapilbastu...shakya dynasty..shakya ppl r of nepal :)
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Haha! Ok i read all the comments and kinda feel funny.
Now for those ppl who are saying that in ancient times there was no india or nepal, well the place where gautam buddha was born, whatever the hell it was, it now exists in nepal.
2nd, about nobody stating anything, they did say some controversial things during the launch.
And even in starnews, i saw a segment where they showed a place in bihar which was an exact replica of lumbini! So what is that? Aren't they trying to tell ppl that buddha was born in india? Plus the show isn't even potraying dresses or lifestyle near to the nepalese kings and queens? The queens wore sarees and I dun even knw what they are trying to wear! Overloaded jewels!
And plz my nepalese ppl, we shouldn't even bring forward the issues of darjeeling and sikkim! Uff! What can we do when we have such a corrupt government?? Its only us bir gorkhali who have to speak for ourselves otherwise the government has died already! For me it died when king birendra died.
sherlockthor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
2500 years back there was no nepal ... there were separate kingdoms.. but all of it was part of jambudweepa ( ancient india )
kanchhii thumbnail
Apoorva : there were many kingdoms in nepal...n.kapilbastu was one.of it
navyyata thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: samana17

Haha! Ok i read all the comments and kinda feel funny.
Now for those ppl who are saying that in ancient times there was no india or nepal, well the place where gautam buddha was born, whatever the hell it was, it now exists in nepal.
2nd, about nobody stating anything, they did say some controversial things during the launch.
And even in starnews, i saw a segment where they showed a place in bihar which was an exact replica of lumbini! So what is that? Aren't they trying to tell ppl that buddha was born in india? Plus the show isn't even potraying dresses or lifestyle near to the nepalese kings and queens? The queens wore sarees and I dun even knw what they are trying to wear! Overloaded jewels!
And plz my nepalese ppl, we shouldn't even bring forward the issues of darjeeling and sikkim! Uff! What can we do when we have such a corrupt government?? Its only us bir gorkhali who have to speak for ourselves otherwise the government has died already! For me it died when king birendra died.

true said dear...
navyyata thumbnail
I found people in this forum saying that prince siddharth is
born in nepal and lord buddha is
born in india. Ha..., that cracked me...
ok for those people i want to ask
if u r born in India
and studied in USA or any other
Country and got enlightened then
does that mean u were born in USA
or the other country???...

It's due to such people there is
argument and others. It will be due
to such people, his existance and
identity may face danger in near
future.
And ya, his every first
step on earth... innocent
childhood... foundation for his
enlightment... everything was in
Nepal.

And also I find people here in this topic claming that they know Lord Buddha was born in Nepal.. i want to ask them if being citizen of india they know this then don't cvs of this show know it??? This ignorance is hurting people and their sentiments. And how many times Nepalese have to hear sorry for the same case?? Film Chadani chowk to China also started their film stating Buddha born in India and apologized.. and there are so many other cases...
and this action will have opposite but equal reaction na...

p.s. this post is for those who knows but couldn't digest and accept that Lord Siddhartha Gautam Buddha was born in sacred land of
Nepal... not for others..
kanchhii thumbnail

Originally posted by: navyyata

I found people in this forum saying that prince siddharth is
born in nepal and lord buddha is
born in india. Ha..., that cracked me...
ok for those people i want to ask
if u r born in India
and studied in USA or any other
Country and got enlightened then
does that mean u were born in USA
or the other country???...

It's due to such people there is
argument and others. It will be due
to such people, his existance and
identity may face danger in near
future.
And ya, his every first
step on earth... innocent
childhood... foundation for his
enlightment... everything was in
Nepal.

And also I find people here in this topic claming that they know Lord Buddha was born in Nepal.. i want to ask them if being citizen of india they know this then don't cvs of this show know it??? This ignorance is hurting people and their sentiments. And how many times Nepalese have to hear sorry for the same case?? Film Chadani chowk to China also started their film stating Buddha born in India and apologized.. and there are so many other cases...
and this action will have opposite but equal reaction na...

p.s. this post is for those who knows but couldn't digest and accept that Lord Siddhartha Gautam Buddha was born in sacred land of
Nepal... not for others..

I so agree with you dear 😊😊😊😊
patelcharu thumbnail

Buddha- means "Knowledge." Prince Sidhartha did born in Lumbini, Kapilvastu. Kapilvastu falls in now days Nepal and frontier border of India. But I understood the Prince grow up with Hindu culture which is been shared by India, Nepal, Bali, Gayna and many more countries. I consider Buddha's teaching as filtered Hinduism. He send message to all living entity that how to live life. He himself never divided or claimed that He is from Nepal as he born in Nepal. He never claimed that because he got enlightenment in India so he is Indian. We human had divide earth, and God. We human want to claim that Krishna born in Gokul (India), Ram born in Ayodhya (India), Buddha born in Nepal..Jesus born in Galile...so and so. We all want to take pride for all noble men or supreme personalities. We all want to fight over where they born. But we do not want to understand and follow their teaching to make our life better.

Life is too short. It will be great if everyone do right thing. And It also be good for people, instead of reacting aggressively, using bad word in writing or verbally and pointing fingers to understand what Buddha wanted. Buddha is iconic figure for the universe to believe in to live better life.

Edited by patelcharu - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: varaali

By the same logic, should Shakuni be an Afgani? Probably Osama Bin Laden's ancestor?

And Kaikeyi should be termed a "Paksitani"...? After all Kekeya was in modern Pakistan

Buddha was born in neither India nor Nepal.He was born in Aryavarta.

The Sakiya kingdom (a.k.a Kapilavastu) formed one of the sixteen ancient Maha Janapadas.

The terms India / Nepal came into existence during the British period (?). During ancient times, all the kingdoms to the south of the Himalayas formed culturally one cohesive unit.

I don't agree that the logic is the same.

Pakistan and Afghanistan both consider their foundations as being from the Islamic period: Afghans consider the foundation of their country as being the time when Mahmoud of Ghazni ousted Jayapala & Anantapala. They don't consider the latter as a part of their cultural heritage. Same w/ Pakistan - even though they didn't exist until 1947 - much later than Afghanistan existed - they consider their founding to be Mohammed bin Qasim's invasion of Sind. Neither of these countries consider their pre Islamic 'Jahiliya' ancestry to be part of their identity. As a result, Shakuni wouldn't be Afghan, Kaikeyi or Jayadrath wouldn't be Pakistani.

It's different w/ Nepal - their present people consider themselves the cultural descendants of the original people who lived there, going as far back as Janaka. On top of that, the various kingdoms within what's today Nepal were much isolated from the rest of India - even during Mauryan, Gupta, Sakha or subsequent times, kingdoms from what's now India did not usually include Nepali territory. During Islamic rule - both the Sultanates as well as the Moghul empire, Nepal never came under their sway, so culturally, as a result, Nepal is a lot different than what India today is, even if during Janaka's time, there may have been no difference. So calling somebody whose birthplace & paternity was in Nepal as Indian is stretching it. In fact, calling Buddha Nepali wouldn't be factually inaccurate, although in Janaka's case, a case could be made either way, since Janakpuri is in Nepal, but the entire Mithila kingdom spanned both Eastern Nepal & Bihar
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
Unekalakmini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
but that time Lumbini was belongs to India...according to Sri lanken Buddhists sources there were 16 states. and huge two status called " Magad" and "Kousal"...Lumbini was belongs to kousal state...he was born in India...
Edited by ulakmini - 11 years ago