radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Ratan Rajput is making a comeback as Amba. She tells Divya Kaushik that it's taxing to do more than one soap on the small screen

If you wondered where did Ratan Rajput disappear after Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo and Swayamvar season 3, it's for you. The actress reserved almost one year to unload herself of the fatigue of daily shoots and after spending enough time with her own self she started considering the scripts.

Ratan will be now seen as Amba in Mahabharat on Star Plus, which is produced by Siddharth Tewary, who also was the producer for Agle Janam...

"In fact, it is Siddharth who convinced me to play Amba. When the role was offered to me and I was informed about Amba, I thought that I am too tiny to play the character and moreover, I will be loaded with heavy garments and jewellery. But Siddharth is one person you cannot question much, and I trust him completely. Luckily for me, the first episode was shot by Siddharth and that gave me a lot of confidence," said Ratan, who was informed mostly on the sets about Amba.

"I just knew that Bhishma Pitamah faced some problems in his life due to one character. I didn't know who she was and why there was a problem. I was told that the Kuru prince Bhishma was responsible for her misfortune and her only goal in life is his destruction. During her swayamvara (marriage ceremony), Bhishma abducts her with her sisters Ambika and Ambalika, seeking the princesses for his step brother Vichitravirya, the king of Hastinapur. Amba loves another king Salva, and is permitted to go to him. However, Salva rejects her as she is spoiled by her captor's touch. An infuriated Amba blames Bhishma for ruining her life. She seeks help of Parshuram to defeat Bhishma, but they fail. She then prays to Lord Shiva, who grants her wish and says she will become the cause of Bhishma's death in her other birth. She is reborn as Shikhandi and ultimately becomes the cause of Bhishma's death," said the actress.

She says that as an actress she doesn't believe in doing too many things at a time. "It becomes taxing, I mostly consider only one serial at a time. Also I go by the content, if the story is appealing and the character is interesting I am game," she ended.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TFS 😊!!!. I must say the brand new MB has a very interesting cast. And Ratan, am sure will give another powrpacked performance.
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for sharing. Nice to see her back. Liked her in Agle Janam...
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think Ratan should have taken the role of Gandhari - given her sanctimonious persona, as witnessed during her swayamvar in Imagine TV, she could have played that role to perfection. Amba is not the right role for her.