Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
No they couldn't go against him since they'd been trained from day 1 to always obey Yudhistira. Kunti had drummed it into them that even though they knew he was wrong, they still couldn't leave him. Tbh I started seeing cracks around the time of Draupadi's swayamvar...different people have written different things, but as a women I can't stomach what Draupadi had to go through. All throughout people treated her like some kind of trophy, to be won or lost. I can't believe that Kunti could stoop so low as to offer her to Karna, when she was trying to convince him to leave Duryodhan. At least he had brains and said no...she'd probably have taken a Kali avataar there and then! 😆

Re: the vastraharan, well Vidhur was the only 'elder' who spoke up. Kripa and Drona were employed by Dritrashta so they kept quiet. Bhishma's vow was to obey whoever sat on the throne...and tbh he was pretty detached from the entire affair. He'd already ruined one woman's life thanks to his vow, another woman crying out for justice obviously didn't make much difference to him.

Balram really confused me in the Mahabharat. He's a polar opposite of Lakshman!
chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Actually Karna is said to have donated his Kavacha Kundalas to Indra(in disguise) but that cannot be considered as 'Dana Guna' coz he requests for Indra's weapon.If you take anything in return then how can that be 'Charity' or 'Donation'.Henceforth he did't accumulate any 'Punya'/merit from that!He would have survived if he did a real 'Daan' in that scene.It was a test for him by Krishna and other deities.But he couldn't succeed!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Bhavaani

No they couldn't go against him since they'd been trained from day 1 to always obey Yudhistira. Kunti had drummed it into them that even though they knew he was wrong, they still couldn't leave him. I suppose so, but there were other occasions when Bhima and Arjun spoke out against their brother's decisions. I just wish they spoke out this one time. It's the reason Draupadi felt estranged from all her husbands during the vastra haran. Not just Yudhisthira, not one of them said anything against it. Tbh I started seeing cracks around the time of Draupadi's swayamvar...different people have written different things, but as a women I can't stomach what Draupadi had to go through. All throughout people treated her like some kind of trophy, to be won or lost. I can't believe that Kunti could stoop so low as to offer her to Karna, when she was trying to convince him to leave Duryodhan. At least he had brains and said no...she'd probably have taken a Kali avataar there and then! 😆 I totally agree! In fact, I never saw the logic of all of them marrying Draupadi in the first place. 😕 She rightfully belonged to Arjun, not everyone else. I was kinda surprised that Lord Krishna himself supported this, since in his incarnation, he broke a ton of society's rules for the greater good. Kunti's not a favorite of mine either. Though I'm not a fan of Karna, I do hold her accountable for a lot of what happened to him.

Re: the vastraharan, well Vidhur was the only 'elder' who spoke up. Yup, love him for that! 👏Kripa and Drona were employed by Dritrashta so they kept quiet. Bhishma's vow was to obey whoever sat on the throne...and tbh he was pretty detached from the entire affair. He'd already ruined one woman's life thanks to his vow, another woman crying out for justice obviously didn't make much difference to him. It's still very sad though, that the vastra haran happened out in the open and no one attempted to stop it. Krishna himself said all the elders had a responsibility to speak out against it, even if they were employed by the King. It's like Vibhishan's ordeal...sometimes, two Dharmas conflict with each other and when that happens, one must choose the one that benefits the greater good. In this occasion, everyone had a duty towards protecting Draupadi, who was the Kulvadhu of the Kuruvansh, not blindly obey Dhritarastra.

Balram really confused me in the Mahabharat. He's a polar opposite of Lakshman! Yeah, same here! Balram and Lakshman were totally different characters.

Word Count: 0

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
my fav charecter are krishna and krishnaa.
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yes i agree i never liked balram. actually the story goes this way that in Ram avtaar, sheshnaag was born as lakshman his younger brother. so he wanted to be older brother to vishnu in krishna avtaar...n vishnuji as usual sais 'tathaastu' but remeber an elder brother has more pressures and burdens.

So every time in krishna avtaar, balram tried to emphasize to krishna that he is his elder brother , and always had a different opinion than krishna. wwhat irks me about balram is that he was very biased towards duryodhan.

also balram declined to participate in the war saying he wont participate in a war between brothers and family and during the war went to pilgrimage. but wen duryodhan was injured by bheem using unfair means, he popped out from some where and started accusing bheem and pandavas.

I loved vidurji's character...atleast he spoke out the bitter truth and tried to imbibe sense in dhritarashtra...

see even in holy scriptures like ramayan and mahabharath , women were not treated fairly. look at seeta mata's story, n draupadi's as well. thats why the notion of men towards women even in today's world is not good..

But my all time favourite is Krishna 😳

I like karna but not when he mistreated draupadi. I think at that time staying with duryodhan he had gone vain...sangat kaa asar..😆
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just posting different Point of views by bloggers about the whole Karna- Pandava -Draupadi topic. go to these links, i did not copy pasted to give due respect to the writers.

http://www.quora.com/Mahabharata/Was-Draupadi-in-love-with-Karna

http://www.quora.com/Mahabharata/What-was-Karna-and-Draupadis-relationship-like

http://www.quora.com/Mahabharata/What-is-the-underlying-symbolism-of-Draupadi-being-married-to-all-five-pandavas/answer/Amit-Banerjee

The below one is about the attempt to rape of Draupadi by snake king vasuki as per the Bheel or Tribal Mahabharath

http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Content&sd=Articles&ArticleID=1194

😊
.albatross. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
First of all I would like to say, I'm extremely excited for this show and great topic. 😳

Anywho, if I had to chose my favourite character or rather characters would have to be Abhimanyu, Bhima and Karna. All for their extremely strong sense of values (exception with Karna on some occassions, though)

Disha
-Alinaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Krishna , as he is clever and calculative. He is the main strategist behind Pandhavas in Kurushetra. Though I don't agree with some of his deeds, I believe he is a perfect example of how a winner should be.

Arjun: Though backed and supported by many in his success, he was a great warrior. Main thing is he survived and emerged victorious.

Karna: He was a true warrior, who rose to high positions on the basis of his merit. Though born to a princess, he was raised as Shudra, due to societal circumstances. He never got what he deserved coz he was not born royal. We find many Karnas in today's world, who are talented but never reach to the top coz the position was saved for Arjuna.
deepsoul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I like only Krishna becoz he is the one who didn't use weapon n koravs lost battle 👏 that was really touches my heart 😳