Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Richa_shamya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Rushika

😆 agree humare handsome superman pe toh har show mei at least 3 ladkiya toh deewani hoti hi hai 😉

very much agree rushika 😉😆

tfs seemana dee 😊
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
sahilrocks, good catch. Ambalika's name should be above Pandu, and Ambika's above Dhritarashtra.
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahilrocks

DHRITARASHTRA + SAUVALI = YUYUTSU (the only son of dhrit who survived the war as he joined the pandavas. pandavas gave him half the kingdom and he and his heirs ruled there for ages)

I think the Pandavas may have given him Hastinapur, and at Indraprastha, they left Subhadra in charge of both Parikshit, who ruled from there, and Vajra, who moved to Mathura
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahilrocks

VIDURA + PADMARINI = SANJAY + PADMASARI + PADMAVATI

DUSSHALA + JAYADRATHA = SURATHA

DURYODHAN + BHANUMATI = 29sons

GHATOTKACHA + MAURVI( other name AHILAWATI) = BARBAREEKA (other name KHATUSHYAMJI)

ABHIMANYU + UTTARA = PARIKSHIT

PARISHIT + IRAVATI = JANAMEAJYA

I don't know Ghatotkach's wife, but the Barbareek story is a South Indian exclusive. Ghatotkacha did have a son Anjanparva, who was killed by Ashwatthama on night 14, shortly before Karna killed his father. If one goes by Jamenaya's Mahabharata, then Ghatotkacha had another son Meghavarna, who was very close to Bhima and helped him get the Ashwamedha horse, along w/ Karna's surviving son Vrishaketu.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Yeah, he had 'only' 4 wives

If you think that's a lot, it was pretty common. All the Pandavas had other wives. Yudhisthir married Devika and had a son Yaudeha. Bhima, as everyone knows, married Hidimbi & had Ghatotkacha, and also married Valandhara, princess of Kashi. Nakul married Karenamati, sister of Sishupala, while Sahadev married a daughter of Jarasandha.

Arjun's 3 wives, aside from Draupadi, were Uloopi, Chitrangada & Subhadra, in that order.

One link not shown in that chart - another of Krishna's sons, Samba, married Duryodhan's daughter Lakshmanaa. Although that marriage may not have had any kids.

thnxx vrish for explaining 😊 but its veryy complicated so I hardly understood nethng 😛
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Richa_shamya

very much agree rushika 😉😆

tfs seemana dee 😊

yess Richa...superman rocks 😉 😳
Vr15h thumbnail
Rushika
Simply put, all the Pandavas had >1 wife, while all their wives - except Draupadi - had only 1 husband.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Tfs.
Such a confusing tree it is. 😳😆
imnowhere thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi! And thanks a lot for the tree. But I found something wrong in the tree. Pandu's mother was Ambalika and not Amba. In fact Amba was never married to Vichitravirya. She had sacrifuced her life. On the other hand, Dhritarashtra was the son of Ambika whose name is not there in this tree. Please correct me if I am wrong.
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
awesome thanks ..i m so happy that i read the whole epic .. but still need to brush up my memory ..