shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for the promo SRJ is excellent
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I have heard the theory of Shakuni wanting revenge against the Kurus for getting Gandhari for the blind Dhritarashtra. But if that's true, then why would he risk himself & family in the process? The evidence strongly suggests that Shakuni had genuine ambitions for Duryodhan and wanted to trump Dhritarashtra getting superceded by Pandu by getting Duryodhan the entire Hastinapur kingdom. Had Shakuni's intentions been what's being shown here, then he'd have stayed out of the war himself, while encouraging Bheeshma, Drona, Karna, et al to fight and try to make Duryodhan the ruler. In fact, he'd have encouraged Duryodhan to go about it w/ force instead of the dice game, where at the time, he'd have had a better chance of winning, had he had Bheeshma's, Drona's, Karna's backing. That would have resulted in the Kauravas & Pandavas both potentially getting wiped out, and him getting his revenge against the Kurus.

it is said that shakuni felt insulted by bheeshma's proposal for gandari. also he had 100 brothers so duryodhan and dhritarashtra fearing that they might become more powerful put them all including shakuni's father in dungeons. they were given a meal for only a single person. shakuni's father decided that since shakuni's was mentally clever that everyone. he will be kept alive and take revenge. when he died he told shakuni to make dice from his bones so that the dice will always obey him. to make himself ever weaker shakuni handicapped himself and begged duryodhan that since he was useless and only one person he is of no harm. so he was taken out of the dungeons.
also there is a story that even after his death shakuni's thirst for revenge was not quenched. he came back as a wolf and tore duryodhan apart.
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Wow All The Promos Are So Awsome. (:
chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthi2010

it is said that shakuni felt insulted by bheeshma's proposal for gandari. also he had 100 brothers so duryodhan and dhritarashtra fearing that they might become more powerful put them all including shakuni's father in dungeons. they were given a meal for only a single person. shakuni's father decided that since shakuni's was mentally clever that everyone. he will be kept alive and take revenge. when he died he told shakuni to make dice from his bones so that the dice will always obey him. to make himself ever weaker shakuni handicapped himself and begged duryodhan that since he was useless and only one person he is of no harm. so he was taken out of the dungeons.
also there is a story that even after his death shakuni's thirst for revenge was not quenched. he came back as a wolf and tore duryodhan apart.

I remember my language teacher narrating this story.Can you please till me to which text this belongs?😳
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
I dont know if this has been posted or not...But I liked Draupadi Promo..hence posted it!!
Draupadi's revenge!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE7YV1sR59I[/YOUTUBE]
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Manan,,,.Can you copy paste all the promos on the thread in the first post or page>>??? It will help the members 😊
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mahabharat Theatrical - Introducing the central characters!
Edited by rashvin - 11 years ago
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rashvin

WOw! Thanks! Really good promo!
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: rashvin

This promo is fabulous 👏