Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Khizer~ thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
ooooooooooooo! I just saw the movie!...Will comment on this soon! 😳
Aparna_BD thumbnail
See Diva , if KJ portrayed that extra marital affair is justified. Its not just wrong but misleading to impressionable minds !!

This is why under 18 should not watch an adult concept unless accompanied by parents who can clear any confusion a kid may have at 15- 16 !!

Yes its true like JP wrote a young mind will be unable to understand relationships and what it really requires for them to work. Like i have a debator on DM who is all of 18 years old who just couldn't understand that between a husband and a wife , no matter how stupid, illitterate or ignorant a wife is ...........a husband can never ever be your guardian but is always your equal. And under no circumstance - cheating, lying , harrasing should a spouse ever hit his partner!!

My friend are you listening. 😉 She will figure this out only once she is in a relationship !! So same goes for KANK audience who is underage. 😛
diyafah thumbnail
here in U.A.E.,it gonna release on 16th august!yipeee....can't wait!!!!!! 😊 😊
PinkPixie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

See Diva , if KJ portrayed that extra marital affair is justified. Its not just wrong but misleading to impressionable minds !!

This is why under 18 should not watch an adult concept unless accompanied by parents who can clear any confusion a kid may have at 15- 16 !!

Yes its true like JP wrote a young mind will be unable to understand relationships and what it really requires for them to work. Like i have a debator on DM who is all of 18 years old who just couldn't understand that between a husband and a wife , no matter how stupid, illitterate or ignorant a wife is ...........a husband can never ever be your guardian but is always your equal. And under no circumstance - cheating, lying , harrasing should a spouse ever hit his partner!!

My friend are you listening. 😉 She will figure this out only once she is in a relationship !! So same goes for KANK audience who is underage. 😛

i dont think the   story and the  concept is the reason why its  an adults only movie .. there r  certain comments n scenes which  is the most likely reason why its restricted.

crazy_heenz thumbnail
i vent 2 c d movie but cudnt get d tickets 😭 .....cant wait 2 c it
Lyani thumbnail
In this debate about KANK, I was astonished to find that mostly the residents in US are feeling uncomfortable with the infidelity in the film. MOre surprising that it is the under 20s who are disturbed. Indian and Hollywood films deal with a wide range of subjects. A film maker wants to create something artistic, sensitive not preach to society. Lots of unacceptable matter is dished out in our movies. Two unhappy people falling in love is hardly something very shocking. Surely 20 somethings know in life these cruel situations do happen. So what's the fuss about.
Lyani
FGGfan thumbnail
i haven't seen the film yet ...............not even gonna after reading all the reviews..............and can tell its a big time flop (no offence)
teenindia_usa thumbnail
I was not going to say much, yet its adebate, the thing, is its ur ideals, and true in america things happen yet is it rt? is infidelity rt?, is that the message we want to send out? and I think people have the rt tobe upset, and happy that youth are..well in USA many indians'want to old onto old ideals, where I see indians of india wanting tobe western and think its hip..well wont say more.........otherwise....
pinkumamun thumbnail
Hi, I watched the movie last night. Well for me it was a BIG disappointment. It's a giving a wrong message but I'm not worried about younger generation getting that message as the movie is such a drag that it would fail to do so....U know if a movies is well made you can worry that it's message will affect the mass but here that's not the case
SRK and Rani were boring. So, their performance and message won't intrigue anybody to go on their footsteps.Abhishek and Preity rocked.So did Amitabh and Kiran Kher.
So, Karan johar you have failed big time now and I am sad for that -- I didn't expect something like this from u after such K3G.
Abhishek Bachchan has grown as an acrtor and SRK repeated himself as an overactor.
The film might have been rated PG13 or (maybe R?-I'm not sure about it as in US many film with PG13 label bother me...) for it's language and scene contents but it's definitely not a film for adults -- Adults are mature enough to understand what's a real failed marriage you cannot fool them ---definitely not with the KANK marriages....
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Hello!

I'll be seeing the movie tomorrow, perhaps, but here's my view on the issue.

Karan Johar, as everyone knows so far has always made movies of "I love you!" "You love me!" Happy ending. period.

For the first time, he's trying a story, which should be critically appreciated. As Preity Zinta said, "What they are doing is wrong. That is agreeable, but you are made to feel sympathetic to all four of them. They are, on their own, extremely nice people! But they are just not right for each other." Yes, I agree, the story is about an extra-marrital affair, and let's face facts, it's not like it doesn't happen. Everyone knowingly or unknowingly knows a person who is having an affair, and the fact remains that it's not untrue.

The only fairy tale and contraversial part of the film is that it so happens that they respectively fall in love with each other's partners. Well, we can go for that. It's not that coincidences never take place! They do.

I agree, extra marrital affairs are wrong. What I don't understand is, why... why can't the indian audience bear with a cutting movie.
A new type.
A mind speaking out for itself?
Why does it have to be the common love stories?
Why can't the audience critically appreciate the story for what it is?

As of now, I am not saying the movie is bad, not saying it's good.

-Sam