Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BadtameezDil. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
The Punjabi traditional clothing is very diverse and for various occasions various clothing is chosen. It includes Shalwar Kameez, Kurta, Achkan and Dhoti in men while in women there is wide range of clothing but mainly it comprises Shalwar Kameez, Churidars with Dupatta with traditional Paranda Ghari wore on the hair. Khaddi topi (Embroidered cap) is also wore by some women with dupatta on special occasions. Shalwar Kameez and Sherwani are for formal occasions and office work while Dhoti is mostly wore by people who are involved in farming throughout Punjab. The shorter version of Dhoti that is unique to Punjab is known as Chatki with close resemblance to Kilt but use of Chatki for formal occasions is very very rare and not many people are familiar with Chatkis. Punjabi Jutti and Tillay wali Jutti is a very famous footwear for both men and women in Punjab. In men Pagri (turban) is also wore as a traditional cap in many occasions. Dupattawith embroidery of different styles with Matthay da Tikka is also very famous in Punjabi culture.
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Dhoti is called 'chaddra' in Punjabi.. that's always what I've heard people in Punjab call it everytime I've visited India..
As for modernised clothing.. it hasn't changed much.. =/ It's evolved for sure, but it's still the same.. It just changes as the fashion changes for other Indian attire.. like, if/when full sleeved attire is in.. Full sleeved salwaar suits used to be common long back in Punjab but have made a come back for the younger generation again since full sleeves are back in fashion again..
Has pajami suits been mentioned in here yet? Cause those should be added too.
Oh and VM guys? I don't think we should do that cause we did that last time.. what we can do is have a promo of sorts introducing the event Avani, if you wanna do that? We'll post it at the main thread.. And then continue the fashion show by just posting those sigs hrideyy has made.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 11 years ago
flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hmm, I think thats a good idea- its could be like a little promo for the fashion show..right?
Like when there is an awards show going on they have a little promo for it?

So should we scratch Modernised Punjabi clothes? What could be the 3rd category then?

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^Yeah, exactly. A promo.. with a quick look of the pieces of clothing and the name of the organizers, where it's taking place.. etc.. About 40 seconds or something?
flirtatious. thumbnail
Ok so we are going back to the original, as suggested by Jot. Meaning our 3 categories are:
-Bridal
-Formal
-Casual

I'll get info for Casual clothing pronto! And hirdeyy can you make a siggie for each of these categories- I think you have already done Bridal though?

flirtatious. thumbnail

There are variety of designs in suits found in India like Pajami Suits, Patiala Salwar Suits, Anarkali Suits, Long length suits,etc. But the most stylish and famous suits in north India and in present trend is Patiala Salwar Suits which is designed to highlight the beautiful style and tradition of Punjab culture in India. The speciality of these suits is their medium length with special Patiala salwar. This salwar is given many plates which forms a hanging design and is carried up with different styles of footwears like simple flat thumb style, very famous Punjabi Jutti and even with long heels as shown.

Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 11 years ago
FromTheAshes thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stunning_Sarun

Ok so we are going back to the original, as suggested by Jot. Meaning our 3categoriesare:

-Bridal
-Formal
-Casual

I'll get info for Casual clothing pronto! And hirdeyy can you make a siggie for each of thesecategories- I think you have already done Bridal though?

i will try to do the the siggies ASAP.
today i wont be able to do that coz i am going to school den i will directly go to my coaching classes and will be back till 7:30/8
flirtatious. thumbnail
I'm starting the promo as soon as I get home.

I'm at school right now In science...urgh just kill me now. I hate science ;(

We need the history of the clothing!!!
flirtatious. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..hrideyy..

i will try to do the the siggies ASAP.
today i wont be able to do that coz i am going to school den i will directly go to my coaching classes and will be back till 7:30/8

No probs! You do them when you can : )
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Will post history when am on laptop