Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Ok, I'm going to start researching on Formal Wear and Casual Wear

I'm in Geo and OMG its so boring its not even funny. So screw it.
flirtatious. thumbnail
Change of plan-

WE ARE CHANGING 'Casual' to 'Traditional' and 'Formal' to 'Modernised' cause there is more info in it
Plus its more creative than the typical formal and casual

In traditional we will have the typical traditional stuff. Like Salwars and all that

In the Modernised we will have the 'modern' versions of the traditional clothing that is now worn in Punjab

Then we also have the Bridal, which is already done by Jot!
flirtatious. thumbnail

TRADITIONAL CLOTHING FASHION IN PUNJAB

Women:

Salwar Kameez

The Salwar kameez is the traditional wear of women in Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.

The salwar kameez has become the most popular dress for females. It consists of loose trousers (the salwar) narrow at the ankles, topped by a tunic top (the kameez). It is named as "Punjabi suit" or simply "shalwar" in the north and "churidaar" in Southern India.

Women generally wear a dupatta with salwar kameez to cover their head or shoulders.

This dress is worn by almost every teenage girl in lieu of western clothes. The salwar kameez is most common in the northwestern part of India. Many actresses wear the salwar kameez in Bollywood movies

Lehnga Choli

Punjabis wear Lehnga Cholis them in some of their folk dances. It is a combination of lehenga, a tight choli and an odhani.

A lehenga is a form of long skirt which is pleated. It is usually embroidered or has a thick border at the bottom. A choli is a blouse shell garment, which is cut to fit to the body and has short sleeves and a low neck.

Different styles of ghagra cholis are worn by the women, ranging from a simple cotton lehenga choli as a daily wear, a traditional ghagra with mirrors embellished usually worn during navratri or a fully embroidered lehenga worn during marriage ceremonies by the bride.

Men

Kurta Pyjama

The traditional clothing for men of Punjab comrises Kurta Pyjama. The Kurta is a kind of loose shirt which is long and straight cut. The Pyjamas are loose, baggy pants which are tied at the waist. Some men also wear the Kurta with a Lungi or Tehmat, a different kind of sarong. During winters they can be seen wearing bright colorful sweaters. Some of the younger boys, as well as some men, can be seen wearing loose pants or slacks with a collared shirt.

The Sikhs among Punjab are known for their renowned Turbans. They wear this due to their belief and religion. However, many people in Punjab may be Hindu, therefor do not wear a Turban, or as they are traditionally called; a Pagri

Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 11 years ago
flirtatious. thumbnail
^^Whoever was doing the information gathering needs to sum this down a bit!!
flirtatious. thumbnail
Our Fashion show CAN be called: The Punjabi Colours

Punjabi clothing is so colourful and heavy, so I think this is a perfect name, but do say if you have better ideas!!!

Images of Traditional Salwar Kameez

FromTheAshes thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stunning_Sarun

Our Fashion show CAN be called: The Punjabi Colours

Punjabi clothing is so colourful and heavy, so I think this is a perfect name, but do say if you have better ideas!!!

Images of Traditional Salwar Kameez

do they look traditional?😳
flirtatious. thumbnail
Hmm, your right. hey look semi traditional and semi modern

Would this be something along the lines of traditional?I can't find anything else though ;(

FromTheAshes thumbnail

Hmm, your right. hey look semi traditional and semi modern

Would this be something along the lines of traditional?I can't find anything else though ;(

let it be...
i also tried to find but nothing traditional came😳
i made this
flirtatious. thumbnail
OMG! Those look literally PERFECT!
I'll use the second one for the VM and the first one can go in the part where we will have some information about the dresses.

Layout of thread (might as well think of it now!):
First Post:
Intro to the Round (Whoever is making the Post)

Second Post:
History of Punjabi Clothing (Eris)

Third Post:
VM of the fashion show along with a script (Mwah!)

Fourth Post:
Little on each Catagory and basically all the siggies Hrideyy makes- info on each catagory should be given by Shivani but 2 categories are already done so only one more left!

Last Post:
Credits

Sound k?

Basically, the VM is going to be the fashion show itself. So there will be my recording the background with the introductions with a picture of some pics going on and a fake ramp picture.

Then I will (recording) announce that the show is about to begin and we will have a series of around 5 pictures for both male and female from each category.

Then we will go on with a conclusion and say thanks fro watching 'The Punjabi Colours' and sum up.

The video won't be long...around 3-4 mins but too long is NOT good.

Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 11 years ago
FromTheAshes thumbnail

OMG! Those look literally PERFECT!

I'll use the second one for the VM and the first one can go in the part where we will have some information about the dresses.

Layout of thread (might as well think of it now!):
First Post:
Intro to the Round (Whoever is making the Post)

Second Post:
History of Punjabi Clothing (Eris)

Third Post:
VM of the fashion show along with a script (Mwah!)

Fourth Post:
Little on each Catagory and basically all the siggies Hrideyy makes- info on each catagory should be given by Shivani but 2 categories are already done so only one more left!

Last Post:
Credits

Sound k?

Basically, the VM is going to be the fashion show itself. So there will be my recording the background with the introductions with a picture of some pics going on and a fake ramp picture.

Then I will (recording) announce that the show is about to begin and we will have a series of around 5 pictures for both male and female from each category.

Then we will go on with a conclusion and say thanks fro watching 'The Punjabi Colours' and sum up.

The video won't be long...around 3-4 mins but too long is NOT good.

should we post info on siggies?
it will look good..
like i made the first one...
i am finding pics for lehnga's😳