Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Hrideyy, its 11pm in Australia. I got to sleep!!!
Sorry
Just research the attire and write what category they are in. Do it for BOTH male and females and have around 3 siggies for each category.
Catagories are:
-Casual
-Formal and
-Bridal

Add in anything else if you think so

On each category just write which category it is in and what year it was in the item of clothing was style.

BadtameezDil. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I don't like this round
FromTheAshes thumbnail

Originally posted by: BadtameezDil.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I don't like this round</font>

same here
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I loveee the fashion show idea guys. <3 I can help with the bridal outfit information. Gimme a couple minutes. I'll post it here.
Angel-Jot thumbnail

Important Note:

@Perfect Punjabis, Sensational South, & Wonderful Westerners:
The 'Passionate Pakistanis' team was unfortunately, unable to come up with a thread for the previous round in which you were all required to showcase to us the top 5-10 movies from your region. However, due to personal reasons and with only 2 active members who were also unable to show up on IF on time, the Passionate Pakistanis chose to forfeit from round 4. But, the Crazy Creatives decided we would give the other three teams of the Diversity Show the chance to help this team out and get back on their feet again. If you three teams want, you may go and help the Passionate Pakistanis create their round 4 thread RIGHT NOW! If you choose not to, and would like to continue working on your round 5 thread, that would be your choice. Helping this team out is entirely your decision.
Please be aware that all teams are being given 10 days instead of 5 now to complete the round 5 thread because of the situation.
FromTheAshes thumbnail
10 days is a quite good time...
Angel-Jot thumbnail
@hrideyy: thanks for going out and wanting to help the PPs. 🤗 None of them are online right now. They'll reply to you as soon as they're back.
Bridal Outfit Information
FEMALE
Punjabi female bridal outfits are often very heavy with excessive embroidery and jewellery. More often than not, dark colours, red in particular, are worn opposed to lighter colours that many other regions go for to symbolize happiness and a marital life. Sikh Punjabi brides will always be wearing traditional white and red bridal bangles with their wedding outfits and also, after the wedding for about a month. This is to represent that she is now married and has a husband. Unlike, other Indian wedding outfits, Punabi bridal outfits are a heavy lengha which all stems from the typical Indian outfits that all Indians wear. Nowadays, the colour pink seems to be very popular among the brides and bridegrooms!
MALE
Bridegrooms are required to wear a typical Indian sherwani on their wedding day with a scarf around their neck that matches the outfit of the bride. Sikh Punjabi bridegrooms are also required to wear a turban on the special day whether they wear it regularly or not to show respect to their religion. They also carry a sword in their hands which has become a tradition from when the bridegroom would bring the bride home in a doli, and due to the long journey, he would have to carry a sword with him to protect his wife from thieves that would want to steal the jewellery. The sword is now symbolic of the very same - a promise to protect the bride. It is carried in the bridegroom's hand throughout the entire wedding ceremony. More often than not, the groom also has a 'sehra' connected to the top of the turban that hides his face while on the way to the gurudwara where it is taken off when he is seated next to the bride.
I have included general information about each attire, why it is the way it is.. as well..
Picture (example)
You can just google 'Punjabi wedding' for accurate pictures that are of an actual Punjabi wedding since most Indian outfits look very alike.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 11 years ago
Angel-Jot thumbnail

Background music (making player)

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 11 years ago
flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I could just get my parents wedding pics since we are Punjabi as well...but that would just be weird!
😆

So, I can try and do something for the info as well, but i have to go to school like rigth now so give me a couple of hours and I'll be here :)
Angel-Jot thumbnail
^HAHA. It would be weird.. and not a good idea to be sharing your parents wedding pictures online.. =/ Besides, they probably have old bridal outfits on in the pictures like mine do.. XD We're going for the latest fashion in bridal outfits.. and other attire aren't we? Fashion show and all? Cause that's how I worded the bridal outfit information on the previous page as well..