Users

Frequent Posters

BadtameezDil. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I am totally confused. Jot, please come to rescue! 😆
FromTheAshes thumbnail
confusion hi confusion hai solution ka pata nahi...
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
6 sentences max.. ONE PARAGRAPH.
Write about the forum and why the forum deserves to win the 'Cultural Forum Of IF' title.
flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
KK! Thanks Jot <3
Hirdeyy and Shivani: Basically we have to write in 6 sentences why our forum (meaning us) deserve to win this competition in PUNJABI!

Lets do this. Let me (avani) write up the 6 sentences and we can ask Jot to translate it for us. Then we can have that written in Hinidi and also an English translated version of Punjabi.
Hrideyy, Shivani, Vibha and Sid- make the thread look AMAZING! Get so many maps/ pictures and even gifs but make sure the thread looks PUNJABI!!

Sounds good?? Or should I just shut up??
Angel-Jot thumbnail
^You don't need it in Hindi. Just an English translated version and the Punjabi version..
You guys have until the 21st.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 11 years ago
flirtatious. thumbnail
Ohh...got it
We have to get a move on! Give me 2-3hrs and I'll get up the 6 sentences
I'm at school right now so I have to go start doing the work I was given. But I have PDHPE Theory next so thats a bludge. I'll get it in then!
Angel-Jot thumbnail

Round Two Marks

81.5/105
Good job guys. 👏
The CC's were a little unhappy you guys didn't talk about what each song was about since most couldn't understand the songs.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 11 years ago
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Guys i will be posting a little history about the language in some time . . .
flirtatious. thumbnail
OK HERE IT IS!! Go ahead and edit it out a bit...I have tried to sum up our forum within 6 sentences...hopefully u all like it!

Dear Crazy Creatives
We, The Perfect Punjabi's believe that our forum undoubtedly deserve to win this competition due to our undying determination and will. Unlike several forums our team never knew each other before this competition, we were able to unite and communicate perfectly within a short time span, truly setting us apart. Never letting time and personality differences ever come in the way we were able to continuously put forward unique ideas and plans to go the extra mile. Not only that but our forum is not one filled with fake lies and personalities, we all give honest opinions and ensure that we push ourselves further to put forward more unique and creative threads. In fact we disregarded the fact that most people in our forum have non-existent talent in making threads and posters, learning how to make such things and exceed the qualities of others. Conclusively, we, The Perfect Punjabis, believe that our team undoubtedly deserves to win this competition.
Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 11 years ago
flirtatious. thumbnail
Eris that sounds great!

I'll show you what I found as well:
Punjab is a broad panorama of beauty and splendor. Its language is an asset, which is gaining huge popularity among people throughout the country. Punjabi is the official language of the state, which bears a lot of similarity with Hindi. It is the eleventh most popular language in the world. Punjabi has its origin in the eleventh century and is the successor of Sauraseni Prakrit. It is an ancient language that has an Indo-European origin. It is very widely spoken by the people in Punjab. However, the people of West Punjab speak more Hindi than Punjabi, whereas the case is reverse in East Punjab.

The script used in Punjabi language is Gurmukhi, which is based on Devanagri. It is both a fusion and a tonal language. It is a fusion language because several morphemes (the smallest linguistic unit which has semantic meaning) fuse together to form the language. It owes its tonal aspect to the fact that words here are distinguished by the tones. Modern Punjabi borrows extensively from other languages, like Hindi, Persian, Urdu and English. Recently Punjabi has traversed to different destinations across the world, where it gets molded as per the local vocabulary.

Surprisingly, Punjabi language has several dialects, which have emerged area-wise, depending on the exact region where the language is in use. Some of the important dialects are Bhattianj, Malwai, Pahari, Doabi, Kangri, Hindko, Pothowari, Shahpuri, Rachnavi, Majhi, Thali, Thalochri, Chakwali, and Ghebi. Hindi is a very popular language in the state, which almost every one can speak and understand fluently. Even English is a very familiar language. So, you will have little difficulty in conversing with the Punjabis. Besides, they are very supportive and helpful, so even if anything is unintelligible to them, they can still manage to understand and help you out.

Source:
http://www.bharatonline.com/punjab/travel-tips/languages.html
Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 11 years ago