woman should not do second marriage??

pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

#EmAar (Radd)

Posted: 11 years ago
I have noticed in Hum tv dramas (I watch hum tv drams or sometimes ARY dramas) that man usually do second marriage but when it comes to woman...She does not marry second time...Either she does not ask for divorce and stays with her husband or if her husband is so more then she does not marry at all.
I have just watched recent humnasheen's ending I was expecting the female lead to get marry with the guy who loved her for so long after her husband's death but she decided to stay like that b/c she did not want her children to face society's taunt e.t.c b/c of her..Point to be noted her husband has two wives.
And dil e muzter and many shows in which husbands were still alive and women went back to them.

why there is no show in which woman stand up for herself and marry again :/
I'm not saying that second marriage of husband is wrong i'm trying to say that why is it wrong when woman does second marriage?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Yeah, this is a controversial topic in dramas. Especially when it's after divorce and not death. I've seen a few dramas where the girl remarries but it's always after a death. Usually after a separation she'll return. Applying for a khula is very rare. Mere Dard Ko Jo Zuban Mile was a drama I remember with a successful divorce, but again the girl didn't get a remarriage. Nor, was she able to go back. Koi Lamha Gulab Sa is a drama in which the girl has a second marriage but then again, her husband died of cancer and no divorce was involved. Did Maat have a divorce? or did she just threaten it?
tot-batot thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Edit: Opps. Deleted the message. Posted in wrong topic.
Edited by tot-batot - 11 years ago
dramaybaaz. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I don't understand why it's such a taboo. I hated the endings to Dil e Muztar and Humnasheen. Both those girls could've been happy if they had gotten remarried. I remember Mera Naseeb was all about a widow getting remarried, and sent a very good message. Wish we could see the same regarding divorced women.
Women are the ones who sacrifice and invest in a marriage so much trying to make it work. It would be harder for them to start a new marriage after a previous one failing. Also if they have kids from previous marriage it would be harder. Although, these days I think most women do get remarried unless they want to live independently with their kids lol. Also I feel men tend to get more depressed after a marriage failing hence they seek emotional comfort from someone else
mentallycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think this is a given tactic in indian or pakistani drama to portray the female as selfless and sacrificing as a way to win the audience. The female is usually the main character in most if not all of the dramas and having a saaf sudra image of her is really important. Why so we see so much grief and struggle in the female protagonist's life---it's all about the sympathy factor. So for her to even think about herself and her own needs, in this case a second marriage ( Sidenote: the divorce is never usually her fault either) ---na baba na.

But the way the women are portrayed isn't altogether wrong either. I do think that women are a bit more devoted and committed to a relationship than men especially when kids are involved (keep in mind that this might not be true for every relationship), making moving on for them quite difficult . But still I think it's wrong to not give women a second chance to remarry and start anew just like the men, kids or no kids. Doing so does not make them selfish. If men remarry then that's considered as a part of their duty and manhood but if woman do the same it seen in such a negative light. what double standards.
mentallycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Iqra--

Yeah, this is a controversial topic in dramas. Especially when it's after divorce and not death. I've seen a few dramas where the girl remarries but it's always after a death. Usually after a separation she'll return. Applying for a khula is very rare. Mere Dard Ko Jo Zuban Mile was a drama I remember with a successful divorce, but again the girl didn't get a remarriage. Nor, was she able to go back. Koi Lamha Gulab Sa is a drama in which the girl has a second marriage but then again, her husband died of cancer and no divorce was involved. Did Maat have a divorce? or did she just threaten it?

Maat had a divorce and remarriage but that was for the antagonist. I think remarriage is shown as a more of a no no thing for the protagonist.
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mentallycrazy

Maat had a divorce and remarriage but that was for the antagonist. I think remarriage is shown as a more of a no no thing for the protagonist.

Okay, thank you, yeah I remember now. Wikipedia. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
In recent times, the only drama that I can recall off the top of my head where the woman stood up for herself was - Daagh.

I don't want to reveal anything in case anyone decides to watch it but that show was great. The ending was a refreshing change when compared most other dramas as of late.

There's also an older show from the 2002ish, and one of my favorites, Harjaee..which has Faisal Qureshi, Faisal Rehman and Atiqa Odho..that too was such a nice show with a headstrong woman who goes against the norm.

Dil e Muztar had a lame ending because the girl had a guy who loved AND respected her, who was better than her husband yet she still chose to go back to her husband. However, in some dramas they show that the girl is in circumstances where even if she tries getting married again, society doesn't allow her and even if she does, she gets screwed over - again. For instance, Meri Zaat Zarre Benishaan..based upon Saba's situation, no one would've married her again and unfortunately depending upon the female's situation shown in the given drama that does happen in reality too. These dramas aren't so far off from reality. How many divorced, Pakistani women add a kid or so too, get married again? Moreover, how many desi guys accept such women. Honestly, not many. And, I'm not saying that's right of course not..but that's just how it is. Either that, or the girl just has a traumatizing experience the first time (which led to a divorce) and she herself doesn't choose to marry again.

Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago