TOI-Mihir Mishra first time in a mytho avtar

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Mihir Mishra's first time in a mythological avatar
Mihir MishraMore Pics

Recently actor Mihir Mishra has been roped in to play King Dasharath. Mihir who is known for his memorable portrayal of a doctor in Sanjeevani is very excited to be part of successful show Mahadev.

"When the offer came I was very excited because in my long career I have never done any mythological character. So I took the challenge and I hope people will like it."

Right now Mihir is preparing for the great king's role and he feels looking right is going to be very important. "Last year I met with an accident. Post that I had to cut my exercise to almost nil. Since I was at home I used to eat a lot so the end result was that I put on a lot of weight. So my prime focus was to shed few calories (I was 75 kilos and target was 70 in a month)."

Mihir's wife Maninee was also part of Mahadev short while ago and he feels that is one comfort zone why he opted for this. "When Maninee was a part of Mahadev I used to watch the show and now also on and off I watch it. Dasharath was a great king who is also the father of one of the greatest king Ram." Does he find Dasarath to be soft-hearted? "Every human is weak hearted towards their kids and that shows in our life too."

On being asked if he read books on the subject he says, "I have read Trilogy on Shiv (by the famous author Amish Tripathi) and I did extensive research on Dasarth via Internet and books so I do justice to the character). My look is so different. People have mostly seen me as a doctor so this time they will surely be surprised to see me".

On being asked about the feedback he says, "People are liking my role. I am happy to be a part of a hit show like Mahadev."
Edited by Proud-India - 11 years ago