Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snowflake. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
HS and ZGH are just over hyped dramas if Fawad is taken out, and i cant say enough about how great MZZB is!
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Humsafar - overrated to the core

MZZB - best drama technically (in terms of story/cast/direction/writing/acting)

ZGH - Sanam Saeed's brilliance as Kashaf..with Fawad & Sanam's chemistry..makes it my pick/favorite.

..so ZGH for me if I were to go with my personal favorite (which is what you asked)..however, MZZB is the best show overall on that list otherwise.
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: zainab_sushita2

Humsafar...ZGH hai ws quite boring play at starting it ws very slow and it draged tooo much...humsafar ws lovely show ...zgh hai ws just hitz bcz of fawad otherwise there ws nthing in tht drama

@Bold: I don't think Zindagi gulzar hai was a hit just because of fawad khan, Saying that would be almost an insult to such brilliant acting done by other actors on this show, especially sanam saeed's acting. She played kashaf to the T, Her character is what got me so interested in this show! And, even more than the acting, it's success also stems from the amazing script, dialogues, music, and direction. Every element mixed together made zindagi gulzar hai so successful, the realistic elements in it made it easier for people to connect to it. Fawad khan is a brilliant actor in his own right (I love him!), and I think the show also got alot of attention in the beginning due to his popularity, but eventually its end success was carried forward by everyone's contribution, and not just solely his. I have never watched Humsafar and nor do I plan to watch it because it's not my kind of drama, and Zgh is my first pak. drama, but all in all, for the first time watching realistic elements in a show seemed much sweeter to me than watching a drama with fantastic elements. But, I guess each to their own. :)

and, as for the topic, if it wasn't so obvious already, ZGH for me! Not because it was perfect or anything, but it is just that it managed to touch my heart even through its imperfections and flaws, I saw a certain kind of beauty in this show over all, and also learned alot as a result. 😳
Edited by coolpixie - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolpixie

@Bold: I don't think Zindagi gulzar hai was a hit just because of fawad khan, Saying that would be almost an insult to such brilliant acting done by other actors on this show, especially sanam saeed's acting. She played kashaf to the T, Her character is what got me so interested in this show! And, even more than the acting, it's success also stems from the amazing script, dialogues, music, and direction. Every element mixed together made zindagi gulzar hai so successful, the realistic elements in it made it easier for people to connect to it. Fawad khan is a brilliant actor in his own right (I love him!), and I think the show also got alot of attention in the beginning due to his popularity, but eventually its end success was carried forward by everyone's contribution, and not just solely his. I have never watched Humsafar and nor do I plan to watch it because it's not my kind of drama, and Zgh is my first pak. drama, but all in all, for the first time watching realistic elements in a show seemed much sweeter to me than watching a drama with fantastic elements. But, I guess each to their own. :)

and, as for the topic, if it wasn't so obvious already, ZGH for me! Not because it was perfect or anything, but it is just that it managed to touch my heart even through its imperfections and flaws, I saw a certain kind of beauty in this show over all, and also learned alot as a result. 😳

Agreed.
Without Sanam Saeed there's no ZGH..anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their minds. Fawad's brilliant in his own right as you said, and he was great as Zaroon..surely, Fawad's popularity attracts everyone to any particular show, let alone ZGH..but ZGH revolved around Kashaf's life in which Zaroon was one part..had Sanam's performance tanked..no one would've stuck around watching it till the end regardless of Fawad. Fawad didn't even have as much of screen space as Sanam Saeed..and needless to say, 90% of Fawad's scenes had Sanam in them.
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Agreed.
Without Sanam Saeed there's no ZGH..anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their minds. Fawad's brilliant in his own right as you said, and he was great as Zaroon..surely, Fawad's popularity attracts everyone to any particular show, let alone ZGH..but ZGH revolved around Kashaf's life in which Zaroon was one part..had Sanam's performance tanked..no one would've stuck around watching it till the end regardless of Fawad. Fawad didn't even have as much of screen space as Sanam Saeed..and needless to say, 90% of Fawad's scenes had Sanam in them.

Touche!
It's sort of disheartening to see people saying ZGH only did well because of fawad khan, of course, no one can deny his talent, but in this show, sanam saeed stole the thunder for the most part. I'm so damn impressed by her portrayal of kashaf, zindagi gulzar hai for the most part was kashaf's journey, and as you rightly said, if kashaf wasn't well portrayed by the actor than this drama could have tanked really badly simply because of people not understanding and liking kashaf. Sanam gave kashaf those layers in her character that even through her negativity, one could see her vulnerability. Even through her coldness towards zaroon, one could see her love. Her dialogue delivery was also so on point, Her dialogues still haunt me for their such delivery, it's like you could sense her pain just through her voice. As you can see, I can go on all day long about how brilliantly kashaf's character was portrayed, if it wasn't for sanam's brilliant portrayal of kashaf, than even with its amazing script, and fawad khan's brilliant portrayal of zaroon, this show wouldn't have worked because it is so important for viewers to feel kashaf's pain, and sanam's portrayal made us exactly do that.
*Sigh*..I guess I will never get over ZGH, and its greatness! Especially Kashaf and Zaroon, both the actors made me fall in love with their characters, so I think sanam saeed deserves almost equal if not more acknowledgments and praises for playing kashaf so brilliantly because she ultimately made me fall in love with her character. 😳
Cheesy-Chants thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
mere zaat zarra e benishan
the drama with reality nd characters u can relate to the real lyf.its v near to my heart cuz wat this drama delivers actually happend in our soceity