Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
The Agra meet better come ! Or I will be ready with some RT talwar moves and some tai chi moves for kekta and clan ! 😡 😆

Now we might also have laveena as the new ruq next weekend to discuss ! Another PRCian ! 😃 lol
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -Khush-

The Agra meet better come ! Or I will be ready with some RT talwar moves and some tai chi moves for kekta and clan ! 😡 😆

Now we might also have laveena as the new ruq next weekend to discuss ! Another PRCian ! 😃 lol

@BLUE 🤣

epicness woman!

and dude,looks like we will get our prc gang re-union segment in sbs pretty soon 😉
Dae_drmer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jyoti06

Here r my thoughts on new promo where Jalal is burning Jodha's portrait ..

I guess he burned the portrait because first time he is afraid of doing something which he should not .. that is falling in love ... so he is burning the portrait because he wants to force himself to hate Jodha and only treat her as one of the showpieces he will bring to his harem ... but he is developing a certain respect and attachment towards her which I feel he wants to fight out and so he burns it out ... its more like he is reminding to himself that somethings r meant to b burnt 😉😛

He is more or less fighting with his own feelings here while burning the portrait .. it will b interesting to see this post marriage even more .. the way he will b in denial but find it tough not to fall for her 😉😳

uhhh yess.. m so eager to watch post marriage pyaar bhara takraaar..ufff!!
i remember how last tym jalaal love lost hokar fire pe haat dalkey jodha ka payal nikaala tha... ❤️
n yes aab jalaal tries fyting wid his inner dil walaa emotions..
bt sooner or later realises dat his dil only beats for jodha...
drawing jaala dena bhi love se durr bhagne ka ek chota sa namuna haii...😆
skanda12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Khush-

@manasi ! Wow what a brilliant take woman ! 👏 you are included in my list of reviewers who can so easily make a dull episode so insightful ! 🤗
And even I had mentioned for the sujamal epi ! That despite not AkDha focus the story moves with sujalamal , adham ki entry and jodha coming to know of maina ka plan ! 👍🏼
And wow you did such an awesome job writing in detail the undercurrent similarity in both the clans ! 👏 that's what we discussed in EDT when Jalal goes to save Abdul ! That Jalal is just not a lifeless animal or something ! He too values trust , honesty loyalty etc a lot ! It's just that he has different (say cruel) ways to punish the people who break them ! also love how u said deciet, selfishness, etc is prevalent on the Rajput side too, but just they aren't as volatile as Mughals in showing it or say practicing it lol ! 😛

Thanks a ton for liking my take! 😃Tongue
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely analysis Jyoti di! 👏
Sexylicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hi joyoti! Very nicely analysed... I too hope that there are more Akdha scenes. I want Jalal to miss Jodha. I hope the Mughals attack Amer as quickly as possible and Jalal makes the marriage deal with King Bharmal. Then there will be alot of Akdha moments! Super excited
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Next week, we're to see Ruqaiya pregnancy track, n I see some confusions n discussions about the probable health condition of a baby born out of interrelated marriage , so I thought I may share some information regarding this topic, which I dare say is still under active research. I'm just sharing what I read in my syllabus, so it's not very detailed, n sorry for the medical terms , as a medical student I only know these terms 😕 n don't know what non-medical terms to be used instead. 😕 Sorry for that.

Each person has approximately 23,000 genes. There are two copies of each gene – one copy inherited from each parent. The sperm and the egg each contain one copy of every gene needed to make up an individual. When the sperm fertilises the egg, the two sets of genes combine to form pairs of genes that make up the child's DNA and allow new life to begin. Every human being has at least a number of faulty genes, but often these don't cause problems because only one of the genes in the pair is affected. In many cases, to develop a genetic disorder both of the genes in the pair must be altered.

Ordinarily, two unrelated parents will have enough variation in their genes to ensure that their child has at least one normal copy of each gene. However, people with a common ancestor may each carry a copy of the same altered gene. This can make genetic disorders more likely to occur.

f two parents have a copy of the same altered gene, they may both pass their copy of this altered gene on to a child, so the child receives both altered copies. As the child then does not have a normal, functioning copy of the gene, the child will develop the disorder. This is called autosomal recessive inheritance. The parents are often referred to as being carriers of the genetic condition and are unaffected themselves. Autosomal recessive genetic disorders are more likely to occur if two parents are related because they are more likely to have one copy of the same altered gene. However, it is still a relatively rare occurrence.

Examples of autosomal recessive genetic disorders include cystic fibrosis and phenylketonuria (PKU). When both parents are carriers of the same altered gene, they have a one in four (25%) chance that each pregnancy will be affected. Other children of the same parents may also be affected or may be carriers, having only one copy of the altered gene.

A child with only one copy of the altered gene will not be affected, as they also have a normal copy of that gene – the same as their healthy parents.
Related parents have the same chance of having a child with an X-linked or autosomal dominantly inherited condition as unrelated parents, unless there is known to be a condition inherited in this way in the family. Advice from a clinical genetics service should be sought if a related couple have a family history of a genetic condition.
A child of unrelated parents has a risk of around two to three per cent of being born with a serious birth defect or genetic disorder. This risk is approximately doubled (4–6%) for children of first cousins without a family history of genetic disorders.
Some studies even suggest that the child out of such wed locks may have some psychological disorders or organ anomalies etc.
So, genetic counselling is advisable before such marriages . Btw , genetic counselling is advisable even more when the family already has some history of genetic disorders n diseases. 😳
Hope this is not confusing. 😳
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jyoti06

Here r my thoughts on new promo where Jalal is burning Jodha's portrait ..

I guess he burned the portrait because first time he is afraid of doing something which he should not .. that is falling in love ... so he is burning the portrait because he wants to force himself to hate Jodha and only treat her as one of the showpieces he will bring to his harem ... but he is developing a certain respect and attachment towards her which I feel he wants to fight out and so he burns it out ... its more like he is reminding to himself that somethings r meant to b burnt 😉😛

He is more or less fighting with his own feelings here while burning the portrait .. it will b interesting to see this post marriage even more .. the way he will b in denial but find it tough not to fall for her 😉😳

I beg to differ here 😳 I dun think he's burning the portrait coz of doing something he should not that is falling in love... Just my view, I think he's burning the portrait coz he dun want other people to admire the portrait... 😳... He wants to own her, coz yes he was attaracted with her beauty but more than that, she dared to put sword on his neck. No woman would have done it to him even in his dreams...he dun love her of course ATM, but I think he has lust towards her... ... He wants to own her n make her bow down to him... Later on he might fall in love with her 😳
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Mansi,

You are really an original, and this analysis is very interesting, indeed fascinating. As with your piece of last week, I find this one too refreshing and hatke. Also clever, in that you are deciding on a theory and then fitting the facts, carefully chosen and interpreted, to fit the theory. That is what most scholars do, so you are in very good company!

I have reservations and differences of opinion about each of your four points, but discussing those will take time and it is nearly 2 am here now, so I will keep that for later today. You might also like to take a look at my omnibus post on the whole of the last week - Jodha Akbar this week - 15-19: Palace Power Plays, at http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3665391
. My take on the last week was rather different, and I was quite satisfied with it.

Just one point here. We all seem to forget that Ekta is surely planning a minimum of 500 episodes for this opus of hers. We will be only at No.20 on Monday. So, at a conservative estimate, the Jodha--Jalal marriage should come in at 10% of the total duration, say, or at Episode 50, if not later. If it comes soon now, what on earth are they going to do - show the budding love affair for the next 475 episodes? I am sure she is not going on till 1605 and Akbar's death, despite her penchant for leaps. I think she will stop with him in mid-reign, say 1570 or so, after the birth of Salim, for after that it was all administration and conquests, not imperial family affairs, bar the falling out between Akbar and Salim.

So, my own assessment is that we are going to have a lot more of non-Jodha-Jalal material for a while yet, and that is as it should be. If it was to be only the central romance, why make a historical at all?

More later. Once again, your post was great fun.

Shyamala

Friends, I sense that most of us on this thread are going to vent our frustrations that the whole serial is not moving as fast as we would like. Here, all that we are dying for is this quick shaadi of Jodha and Jalal, and then a slow dance of growing love between them to enjoy at leisure week after week. Instead we have had one whole week of just seeing her background (a bit here and there) and his background (a lot of it). Only yesterday did we even see Jalal's thoughts of Jodha and Jodha's thoughts of Jalal rekindled.

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Jyoti,

A very comprehensive and sound analysis, and very well put together under the different heads as well. It is good that the initiative of having a weekly analysis thread is being kept up.

My own take on last week is rather different, as you can see, if you have the time and the inclination, at http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3665391,Jodha Akbar this Week - 15-19 : Palace Power Plays . I was perfectly satisfied with it, as it focussed on character development, even if it was not so dramatic as the week before.

But we are completely of one mind on Jodha's strange descent on Bhanpur (by the way, how many weeks would it have taken her to be carried all that way in a palki? 2 months?), and on a number of other points as well.

This apart, as I have written to Mansi above, I think those wanting an early move on to the Jalal-Jodha marriage are not taking Ekta's business compulsions into account - she would be planning for at least 500 episodes, and that will need a lot of non-Jodha-Jalal material. It is a historical, after all, and 170 hours will need a very substantial amount of footage. So, it would be as well for all of us to possess our souls in patience, only hoping that the Jalal-Jodha scenes are really well visualised and developed, for they will demand great skill on the part of the script writers, and this is not a commodity in ample supply among TV serial writers. But the Jodha Akbar team seems to be much better than the norm, so one can be optimistic!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Hello all 🤗... After the success of our first weekend discussion thread , I m back with second one 😎... It was lovely to read all your viewpoints last week and I m really sorry since I was not able to reply to all but I went through the entire thread and I m so glad that u guys hv come out with some wonderful points about the show ...

I m sure we will rock this thread too in this coming weekend 😎

So here is my overall take on this week's episodes ...