Weekend Analysis Thread 2:Heart Vs Mind..

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello all πŸ€—... After the success of our first weekend discussion thread , I m back with second one 😎... It was lovely to read all your viewpoints last week and I m really sorry since I was not able to reply to all but I went through the entire thread and I m so glad that u guys hv come out with some wonderful points about the show ...

I m sure we will rock this thread too in this coming weekend 😎

So here is my overall take on this week's episodes ...

I m more or less hving mixed feelings about this week's episode since all we saw was more of Jalal-Ruquaiyya encounters and Jodha-Suryabhan love story progress but very little progress on Jalal-Jodha front πŸ˜”... Even though the episodes were nicely executed and I saw lots of improvements technically as well as in terms of dialogues and execution , but I wish CVs speed up a little bit and move on with the Jalal-Jodha marriage alliance now that Sujamal did his part of going to Shariffuddin for help thus giving that scare to the Rajputs especially Jodha's father Raja BharmalπŸ˜›...

Things that worked for me this week ...

Even though Jalal-Ruquaiyya scenes were a bit tiring for me to watch but symbolically their scenes worked for me as they gave lots of future indications in terms of Jalal-Jodha relationship and also Jodha-Ruquaiyya relationship 😈...

Jalal told Ruquaiyya that inspite of hving so many woman in his life , his mind still listens to Ruqaiyya only since he does not hv a heart and while he tells this , we see image of Jodha appearing right after this dialogue πŸ˜‰ which is a clear future indication that Jalal indeed has a heart and that will start beating for Jodha soon and once that happens , we might see the real dilemma of Jalal since Jodha will start rulling his heart and his heart will start rulling over his mind and so automatically Ruquaiyya will take a back seat in his life as Jodha will take the main driver's seat in his heart πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†πŸ˜³...

Its clear that Jalal totally respects Ruquaiyya as his wife since she is different from the rest of the woman in his harem and she has got beauty with brains which he appreciates and he even told this to her in the craft festival when Ruquaiyya kept her stall empty with only one thing to sell and thats when Jalal tells her that he likes something which is totally different and then buys the shawl from her at a high price which is the only thing she was selling πŸ˜›...So in short Jalal and Ruquaiyya's relationship is more of give and take types ... Jalal appreciates her smartness and so gives her the importance but he does not really love her because where there is love , u dont really buy or sell things .. U start gifting things to each other then 😳😳...

But hving said that , one cannot deny that Jalal has made some big big promises to Ruquaiyya in terms of loyalty and giving her the top most importance among all other women in his life πŸ€”

This is where I feel that in future Ruqaiyya will make Jalal guilty of falling for Jodha by making him remember about the words that they both exchanged during the craft festival and how Jalal is doing exactly the opposite which is where we might see Jalal's dilemma ... According to Jalal , he is fascinated with Ruquaiyya because she is different than the rest .. but when he will fall for Jodha , he will end up contradicting his own thoughts and this is where I feel Ruqaiyya will keep making him feel guilty of his actions πŸ€”

I feel once Jodha-Jalal marriage takes place , after that Jalal will just tell Ruquaiyya that Jodha will b another addition in his harem .. like another victory of sorts and not really love .. so even though Ruquaiyya might get initial shock but she might feel just like other girls , Jodha will b one of them because I m always special for Jalal especially now that I m pregnent πŸ˜‰ (based on one SBS segment) ... but slowly when she will see Jalal's growing proximity towards Jodha , thats when she will start worrying since she will see that Jalal is finally falling in love with this woman and listening to his heart and not his mind anymore 😳...

Its a treat to watch that soft side of Jalal especially with people like Maha manga or Ruquaiyya and Rajat is doing it really well πŸ‘πŸ‘.. so he will definitely shine in those romantic or passionate scenes with Jodha in future wherre he will need to b more soft and caring πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³ .. He can make a good caring hubby since I can see that he does hv certain amount of respect for his Ruquaiyya begum whether he loves her or not 😳...So one can only imagine how much Jalal will change once he truely falls for Jodha

Apart from Jalal-Ruquaiyya scenes , I also loved the bath scene .. **ahem ahem** ☺️☺️☺️☺️...More than Rajat's hot body , I loved the confidence of the actor , the way he has that whole comfort level of taking bath amidst all those women surrounding him and yet giving perfect expressions of a royal king πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.. However I wish he was alone taking the bath with only Jodha in his thoughts instead of being surrounded by those unwanted women crowd πŸ˜”πŸ˜† ...

Also loved the scene where Jalal finally goes against the wishes of Bairam Khan and releases the Rajput king thus giving the first major shock to his father figure 😎... The scene was very well executed especially the scene where that Rajput king gives a sarcastic smile to Bairam khan as Jalal finally makes his own decision as the king ... I must say Maha manga is a grt politician and she will make sure that soon Jalal comes out of the influence of Bairam khan completely so that she can take total control of Jalal and manipulate him in her own way so that her useless son Adam khan can make his own wild card entry into the scheme of things πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...I do see Bairam Khan's end soon now since his decision of hanging the Rajput king will totally not go down well with Jalal especially after he made his decision and so Maha manga is hving the last laugh here along with his son and like she said to her son today , we need not do anything , Bairam khan himself will make sure he is out of Jalal's life soon πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...

This entire Bairam Khan and Jalal part is very very nicely shown as we get to see that Jalal does hv a mind of his own and he does hv some feelings for the Rajputs epsecially if he finds out that someone is innocent , he will do fair justice and not just kill them because of some personal vengence πŸ‘πŸΌ.. This is where Bairam and Jalal's thoughts wont match and cracks will develop 😊...

Last but not the least , finally Jalal remembered Jodha today 😳.. What an irony here .. Suryabhan and Jodha r in love , yet Suryabhan draws her portrait making sure she sits in front of him while we hv Jalal who dont need Jodha in his front to make her portrait since he remembers her features so well that he can describe it all to the artist even when she is not sitting in front of him 😳😳... Jalal it seems is already attracted to Jodha's beauty .. mayb not in love yet but this is the initial fatal attraction for sure which will eventually result in true love 😳... Jodha might not even want to associate Jalal's name with any sort of greatness attached like she said to Suryabhan today but Jalal is already associating Jodha with every single thing that belongs to him ..first the talwaar .. now the portrait .. lets see what next 😳😳...

Things that dint work for me this week ..

Errr I guess Suryabhan-Jodha scenes dint work for me yet again ... More than their scenes , what worked for me was the Sujamal angle and how he dint waste any time to go to Shariffuddin asking for help πŸ˜†πŸ˜›...

I feel whole Suryabhan and Jodha angle is a bit over exaggerated since I m not sure if during those times the Rajput queens had so much freedom to randomly meet their fiances even before marriage πŸ€”... If both had their communication via letters , I could still understand but in this case we see Jodha travelling to her so called sasural without any inhibitions even before marriage and noone has any issues over it .. the mother-in-law welcomes their bahu with all smiles when the marriage is yet to happen πŸ˜•...Even in today's times , lots of conservative family dont allow the girl to enter their sasural few days before marriage and here we r talking of 16th Century .. right ?? 😳...

I understand that Jodha just visited her sasural on her way to Mathura but still the way Suryabhan and Jodha r meeting , I m not sure if during those times , the Rajput girls had so much of freedom before their marriage πŸ˜•...This is where I hv a fear that viewers wont like this angle as its difficult to digest that Rajputs during those times were so progressive .. πŸ€”...

I did love the way Jodha recognised Surya's talwaar herre since it indicates that Jalal had a strong influence on her since she herself confessed that she can never forget the talwaar which was kept on Jalal's neck .. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›... Even though for now she might b smitteen by Suryabhan but in her memory its Jalal who is holding a strong place already πŸ˜›

Another thing which dint work for me was the whole Ektaish slap giri ... Maha manga giving that typical daily soap style slap to her son for his stupidity could hv been avoided and instead of slaps , some good strong dialogues could hv done the trick since CVs should not forget that they r not making a random daily soap but a epic historical love story here 😑😊...I hope later on CVs dont turn Maha manga into a typical Saas who will keep on doing some or the other kalakaris to trap Jodha post marriage ... Maha manga did try to create issues between Jalal and Jodha but things should not b over exaggerated so much that after a point it starts looking like a typical saas bahu saga πŸ˜†...

Highs of this week ..

I guess today's episode where finally Jalal remembers Jodha 😳 and also the scene where Jalal gives a shock to all by releasing the Rajput king while poor Bairam Khan is kept wondering what the hell just happened πŸ˜†πŸ˜›...

Lows of this week ..

Story dint move much in terms of Jodha-Jalal marriage alliance and too many scenes wasted on either Jalal-Ruquaiyya and Suryabhan-Jodha ...

Suggestion to CVs ..

I think by next week CVs should show Jodha-Jalal meeting now that Jodha is coming in his territory since its been more than a week we got any Jodha-Jalal scene 😳 and also I hope Raja Bharmal does not waste much time in taking a decision of going to meet Jalal for the much awaited marriage alliance of Jalal-Jodha so that the main love story can finally start 😎...

And plss no more dramatic slaps πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...

Pheww thats it for me ... I hope we get some really OMGG Jalal-Jodha scenes this week and mayb one rocking promo too 😳😳

Looking forward to all your takes for this week πŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hey Jyo!

very well analysed! πŸ‘

Here a few things from my side :

In the order of the episodes that were aired,mon-fri

The first high for me,was the darbar scene,where Jalal insulted two people who were VERY dear to him,because of a certain foster mother,using crooked means to get things done.

i liked what she did to bairam,but she actally got Zahir killed! 😑 I mean what-the-hell!

Somehow,this thought just came to my mind.I'd hate to see this show going the grey's anatomy way.because there too all the characters which were very much loved,were made to hit the bucket! I liked zahir,even though we hardly got any scenes of him

Second high point,I like the Jalal-Ruqaiya equation.its interesting.They have many similarities,both are very complex.New shade each time.It keeps me wanting for more.

Third and the HIGHEST high point πŸ˜ƒ This has been shared between two scenes : the bathtub scene+the back dikhao scene ☺️ My cute little bachcha has grown to become such a handsome man ☺️ eesh!delicious body,i must say!

Rajat in real life is pretty shy around the ladies (awww 😳) but when the camera comes on,its like he gets this energy of sorts form the heavens and he can transform into a character exhibiting completely contrasting characteristics πŸ‘ The bare body scenes were executed by him with utmost ease and ZERO hesitation πŸ‘

Okay,i should switch onto something else now,coz i wont stop talking about him otherwise πŸ˜†

Okay,okay.From one hottie to another!Chetan!I was looking fwd to his entry!

Very well executed scene! Chetan was at his negative best! πŸ‘ the scene was heart breaking.that grandpa 😭

Next,would have to be Jalal letting go of the rajput king,against his khan baaba's wishes!TURNING POINT scene i call this! πŸ˜ƒ

The precap has left me extremely impatient! i couldnt possibly wait for two more days for teh episode to air

BTW, the technical team i had been complainign bout for teh whoel of first week,has slapped me on my face πŸ˜› not only has the direction improved,but the dialogues too! Man,i find the mughal dialogues very powerful! πŸ‘ kudos to the dialogue writer.

Also,im liking how the story is moving.Smart move by the cvs.Although,i know some felt this week particularly the story moved slow,but i felt it was necessary to show the mughal side of the story in detail,so that when Jodha once and for all moves in,the changes that will occur,is more logical for us.

Anyway,what else.Negatives?Well,Ekta and her slaps πŸ˜› it was way too filmy i felt.
Oh and bhaarmal πŸ€” never mind.too boring to even talk bout it πŸ˜› i find the rajput side of the story lacking the "we are rajputs!we conquer" kinda charm u know.Here these men are only talking and doing almost nothing(no,yelling doesnt count as doing 😳) I shudnt compare,I know.But when there have been such epic rajput based historical shows in the past,one cant help but complain.

Edited by disha15 - 11 years ago
-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
*comes running in milkha ishtyle and kicks the story dabba * 😑 🀣

The most slow week ! Yaah as if this show has been on since time lol but wish the painting was made until Wednesday hahah ! πŸ˜†

I would still say there was progress in story with jodha coming to know of mainavati ka plan, sujamal joinin hands with sahrifuddin, adham ki entry and Jalal going against khan baba ! πŸ‘πŸΌ so yes although no progress for AkDha and ruqlal were repititive but still the side characters moved ! πŸ€”

I still wish the painting scene wasn't muted and we could have heard Jalal describing her with Abdul grinning since we waited so long ! πŸ˜’
And mera Jalal toh hai hi great doesn't need jodha in person o paint her ! 😎 🀣

I don't really know what to say of jodha coming to sasural like this ! Wish something like this could have even shown that suryabhan comes to meet her midway where jodha might have stopped to take rest and done all this Lowe chronicles than showing a 16th century Rajput girl go her sasural like this ! 😳

I am confused now abt the Yamuna via Agra meet. SBS has shown so many segments that haven't even aired so dont know if a meeting is coming in near days lol ! And those segments if they are to be aired wonder when will the war be declared ! Grrr !
I was thinking maybe AkDha will meet and jodha might be furious seeing the pilgrimage tax to go to mathura and tell Jalal some lecture which will finally fuel his anger to declare war ? And that's how maybe Jodha can pass thru Agra since Mughal might not harm outsiders as they earn tirth Yatra mehsool from them and that's how jodha Jalal might meet but let's see first if that is what they have planned. πŸ˜›

TV pe breaking news jodha ki Yatra ! Amer se leke mathura via Agra ! 🀣
Jyo ditto abt RT ! More than his hotness his professionalism is noteworthy how he was so calmly bathing amidst a dozen women given the reserved person he is ! πŸ˜† ⭐️

And OMG ! Sunshine still needs hints ! ? Jodha literally told him she remembered his sword as she used it on Jalal ! And the irony how ruqaiya becomes the reason for Jalal to paint jodha ! 😎

@pregnant ruq- I shall still see if its a dream or not because in history ruq was childless ! but that did NOT at all lessen her importance from Akbar's life ! But since this is a grey Jalal we might see him not giving her importance after she can't conceive and ruq will turn more vicious against AkDha ! πŸ˜’ so I think this might be ruq ka dream which might be an insecurity for her which can be revealed later as she is his first wife since childhood yet she hasn't given him a child , and according to that era women bore children in teen age ! So let's see ! πŸ€“
In reality Akbar had different connections with his queens ! He always preferred ruq for political matters , salima begum (bairam ki widow who marries him) for artistic pleasure like poetry and jodha for religious amalgamation! Only if Ekta could carry off something so subtle lol !
Edited by -Khush- - 11 years ago
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
This week was a little slow for me because while I liked the Jalal-Ruq equation, I wish more emphasis had been put on how she's intelligent outside harem politics. That, and I got tired of the repetitive "You are my friend of childhood" and "You are my favorite begum" and "I know you best of all" and so on and so forth. I wasn't expecting Jalal to keep remembering Jodha because she's just a very very pretty ornament for him right now, and so was pleasantly surprised when he wanted to get her portrait painted (found it ironic that Ruq wanted to impress him with the portrait and he went and had another women's portrait paintedπŸ˜†)
MM remains a very clever, very subtle woman. The way she weaves her webs is masterful. What a disappointment that she has such a brutish son who can't appreciate her ways. But we can see where his massive intolerance stems from, because she's pretty implacable when it comes to religious tolerance. I think it was a little OTT to include all those scenes, but conversions and intolerance were the norm, so it was well executed for the most part. I don't like her BG score though.
Bairam Khan's downfall is beginning and I found it delightful! I can't wait to see him overreach and fall. I hate him for what he did to Zaheer.
Liked the Jodha-Suryabhan scenes. Very historically inaccurate, but who cares? I like that they are building this relationship because it'll make it so much more impactful when it breaks, It'll give Jodha the fire she needs in order to entice Jalal. And there is a lot of beauty in first love and innocence and I enjoy watching that with these too. The intensity of Akdha will come later on...
I also liked the Rajput side and how it was highlighted that the death before enemy mentality was so ingrained. Menavati was ready to throw her daughter in the flames, and Jodha would have helped her when the time came- masterful.
For next week, I want the pregnancy scene to be a dream, because as I wrote in the EDT thread, the thought of a guy leaving his pregnant wife to pursue another woman makes me a little uncomfortable😊

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Kush! Btw,i did read somewhere that Ruqaiya did have kids,but they passed away at a very young age.

Heard that scientific theory which talks about why cousins shouldn't get married?it somehow hampers the health of their offsprings,it seems

Some historians say that she never had children at all,whereas some say she did,but as i said,they didn't live much.
smile.sara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
resv ... im in fast ...sar mae dard ho raha hae... 2 hr left in iftar ...
so at moment want to coment on jst 1 thing...
they didn't show Ruqaya manipulate jalal ... he really reaxes in her company...
1 thing I notic yesterday epi...she is not lier...jalal already believed that pic is made by Ruqaya her self byur she didn't take advantage and told the truth...
if she'll tell in jalal about his promise it is her right... and for me agar jodha is really an angelic which she is... then she also wll not want to take ruqayya rightful place as jalal's senior most begum
I don't think so CVs really want to turn Ruqaya sultan in vamp ... because it should be bad end of of bad people ... and really in the name of great Akbar it can be wise to take so much liberty.
may be Ruqaya ll turn grey and we all r grey somewhere in life (jodah like characters its self fiction for me) ... and though Jodha will be there to rform, jalal she should be the one who realize jalal about that it is not good in the new love of his life he start unjustise to other relation.
Edited by smile.sara - 11 years ago
smile.sara thumbnail

Originally posted by: disha15

@Kush! Btw,i did read somewhere that Ruqaiya did have kids,but they passed away at a very young age.

Heard that scientific theory which talks about why cousins shouldn't get married?it somehow hampers the health of their offsprings,it seems

Some historians say that she never had children at all,whereas some say she did,but as i said,they didn't live much.

what can I say πŸ˜•... this is on God will ... this is on ...
my both sisters wedded with my moms first cousin having very intelligent kids... so many examples of healthy kids .
ho sakta hae It was Gods will k Akbar's first child should be with his hindu wife... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
smile.sara thumbnail
πŸ‘

Originally posted by: apolloartemis

This week was a little slow for me because while I liked the Jalal-Ruq equation, I wish more emphasis had been put on how she's intelligent outside harem politics. That, and I got tired of the repetitive "You are my friend of childhood" and "You are my favorite begum" and "I know you best of all" and so on and so forth. I wasn't expecting Jalal to keep remembering Jodha because she's just a very very pretty ornament for him right now, and so was pleasantly surprised when he wanted to get her portrait painted (found it ironic that Ruq wanted to impress him with the portrait and he went and had another women's portrait paintedπŸ˜†)
MM remains a very clever, very subtle woman. The way she weaves her webs is masterful. What a disappointment that she has such a brutish son who can't appreciate her ways. But we can see where his massive intolerance stems from, because she's pretty implacable when it comes to religious tolerance. I think it was a little OTT to include all those scenes, but conversions and intolerance were the norm, so it was well executed for the most part. I don't like her BG score though.
Bairam Khan's downfall is beginning and I found it delightful! I can't wait to see him overreach and fall. I hate him for what he did to Zaheer.
Liked the Jodha-Suryabhan scenes. Very historically inaccurate, but who cares? I like that they are building this relationship because it'll make it so much more impactful when it breaks, It'll give Jodha the fire she needs in order to entice Jalal. And there is a lot of beauty in first love and innocence and I enjoy watching that with these too. The intensity of Akdha will come later on...
I also liked the Rajput side and how it was highlighted that the death before enemy mentality was so ingrained. Menavati was ready to throw her daughter in the flames, and Jodha would have helped her when the time came- masterful.
For next week, I want the pregnancy scene to be a dream, because as I wrote in the EDT thread, the thought of a guy leaving his pregnant wife to pursue another woman makes me a little uncomfortable😊

@ bold πŸ‘ seriously .. I am married since ten yrs... my wedding was totally arranged ... now after this forum discussions I seriously started thinking if I buy some thing for my hubby, aur demand any thing expensive frm him (hubbby wife typical thing) and make his favorite dish and I m just pretending... too good yaar ... I want to pretended and wanted to impress my legal husbad to whom i wedded since ten years (same case RuQLal) ... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by smile.sara - 11 years ago
Dae_drmer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Jyoti πŸ€—
it always feels so grt to read ur posts...
areey same here wanting some AkDha scenes...
i was so happie whn jalaal remembered Jodha in dat bath scene...
i loved da ending in yest epi too...
hayee aab jalaal gonna describe jodha...
i am wondering suryabhaan jo banane wala hai wo drawing ya phir akbar ki drawing achi hogee πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
skanda12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Friends, I sense that most of us on this thread are going to vent our frustrations that the whole serial is not moving as fast as we would like. Here, all that we are dying for is this quick shaadi of Jodha and Jalal, and then a slow dance of growing love between them to enjoy at leisure week after week. Instead we have had one whole week of just seeing her background (a bit here and there) and his background (a lot of it). Only yesterday did we even see Jalal's thoughts of Jodha and Jodha's thoughts of Jalal rekindled.

The only redeeming feature this week seemed to be that Sujamal finally made that trip to Sharifuddin's tent to propose a grand yudh against Amer in mutual interest - to which Sharifuddin agreed (although he cautiously said "When the time is ripe we will advance!"). On that day when Sujamal finally made that move, I remember SMS-ing Jyoti that Sujamal has finally moved ' and she replied me with a simple reply that said everything: "PHEW!!!"

But after my intial disappointment with the week in general, I sat and thought about whether the events of this week have some other value to the story, and whether we were all not trying to rush into the future just to see Jodha and Jalal in the same frame. And when I did this analysis I found that this week after all has four very important points of value to the future of the whole story. The really big importance of this week according to me is that it prepared all of us (in four different ways) to be able to separate the "false signals" from "the real thing". Here's what I mean '

1. This week has shown us that the backgrounds of Jodha and Jalal are not merely potential "culture shocks" but "catalysts"

When day after day the creatives kept showing the behaviour and events at Jodha's house and then at Jalal's house ' and we got a taste of all the politics and politicking at both places ' it looked tedious. Okay, so we all got the broad picture that the Mughals were a hotbed of political intrigue and back-stabbing, with a "dog-eat-dog" culture. It surely gave us a glimpse of the kind of culture-shock that Jodha would have coming to live in a place like this, with barely a friend or two, and lethal enemies on all sides, many with murderous tendencies. In comparison, Jodha's own family life looked peaceful and harmonious, but that was also just on the surface, I think. Because even in the Rajput household there were clear signs of smooth undercutting, trickery, treachery, and undercurrents of unease. Jodha's own mother was not above selling her daughter's dignity with a bunch of ill-advised letters between Jodha and Suryabhan, and Sujamal was not above riding out to the vilest enemy to corner his share of his "inheritance". Jodha's own grandmother was no less a "conniver" when she "congratulated" Menavati for the letter trick. This week showed us that the Rajputs are just a shade more subtle in their underhandedness, whereas the Mughals are overtly murder-ready.

While it is clear that Jodha may find the Mughal home a culture-shock, it may well be that Jalal himself will also find the Rajput sasural full of intrigue in the future. His trip to Amer may have given him the first impression of a beautiful, harmonious and exquisite little kingdom, but one week at the Rajput palace can make the scales fall from his eyes as well.

Okay given all this "culture shock" I still feel that this week showed the differing cultures of the two families not just as potential shocks for Jodha and Jalal, but these very same cultural differences can also be viewed as "catalysts" for Jodha and Jalal. It is well-known that when two people are faced with common enemies, they bond together better sinking their mutual differences. The more I saw of the diversity between the two households and the disgusting character of the inmates at both places, the more I felt that all this would help seal the bond better between Jodha and Jalal. They both need to see that their previous families had their place in their lives, but they both need to bond to form a family unit of their own, built out of their own two soul-cultures. The more the enmity around them, the better could be their chances at forging a common alliance at all levels of heart, mind, body, and socially, psychologically and emotionally against forces from both sides. In this sense it was a week of positive signals for Jodha-Jalal.

2. This week has shown us the difference between the signals of "first love" vs. "lasting love"

Many of us are clear that the storyline Ekta is following could be that of Jodha's and Jalal's initial enmity and competitiveness utlimately becoming passion and love. With that kind of simple storyline in mind, we were all no doubt wondering why the story is not gathering pace, and why the marriage is not happening fast so that the U-turn of hatred to love can start happening, since that is the principal core of this whole show.

But see, from the way we are expecting the story to progress, there seems to be a slight difference to the way Ekta is actually seeing the story, I think. We are expecting that when Jodha and Jalal marry, they will just have the enmity of Mughals vs Rajputs. She will hate Jalal for his barbaric tendencies of the Mughals, and he will just see here as a beauty to add to his harem and nothing more ' "Raput ka sar jhukana" pawn.

After seeing the events this week, however, I feel Ekta is injecting one additional angle here. She is making it as if Jodha not only hates Jalal and his Mughals but she also likes Suryabhan a bit and starts to feel some loyalty for him ... hence double reason why she will be against Jalal. Similarly Jalal will not only see her as a Rajput to bend to his will, but also he will like Ruqqaiya and will have guilt to cross the loyalty to Ruqqaiya. Hence double reason for him to feel troubled by Jodha.

By injecting this extra angle of "loyalty" to their previous lovers, along with enmity of the races, I think Ekta is giving the story an additional layer of discord between Jodha and Jalal so that their love will have to blossom not just by conquering each other's enmity but also by conquering their own hearts and guilt about their previous loyalties.

It seems to be a story eventually about the difference between "first love" and "lasting love", rather than just "enmity turning to love". Also there were so many other signals this week that what Jodha-Suryabhan and Jalal-Ruqqaiya had between them was probably "first love", whereas in the future we will get to see the contrast of this with the "lasting love" of Jodha-Jalal.

As I saw it this week, hand-holding or seeking frequent reassurance from each other that they are important to the "other one" are but signals of first love. Not only does Ruqqaiaya constantly remind Jalal of her own importance in his life and try to prove it again and again, even Jalal is asking her to reassure him that she needs his portrait in front of her to be reminded of him when he is away from Agra. Jodha's recognition of Suryabhan's tastes in food, and his sword and his hand-holding suggests she is more in love with the "idea of being in love" than with Suryabhan himself. All four protagonists ' Jodha, Surya, Jalal and Ruqqaiya ' are into trying to get the other one to articulate how imprtant they are in the "relationship".

In "lasting love" however, so many thousand words of reassurance are not needed, where just one glance is sufficient to tell each other the depth of love they have. Quiet moments of companionable silence may speak louder than all the words of "I love you as my bestest friend" etc. A small mutual smile between two people who understand each other at ever inner level is more eloquent than grand gestures of friendship, sworn oaths against a common enemy and dialogues "extolling each other's virtues". This week showed how shallow is the "first love" on both sides compared to what could be the "lasting love" that future weeks may unfold.

3. This week has shown us how the "concepts of the mind" can be challenged by "portraits of the heart"

It was a very simple idea injected by the creatives this week to do those portraits. But if you think about it, it was a very powerful idea to introduce into the storyline. Psychology experts say that when people have feelings trapped inside them which they are unable to express, "art therapy" is a great way of unlocking the hidden depths. Thus many unexpressive people are encouraged to draw on paper and thus give colour and definition to their feelings. And also eventually it is said "A picture speaks a thousand words".

How great was this idea of the portraits of Jalal and Jodha, in that context?! Here we had Suryabhan drawing Jodha from actually seeing her before him, suggesting that she was not yet imprinted in his heart at the deepest level yet. He needed to see her to draw her. Contrast this with Jalal who knows exactly what Jodha looks like in every detail from the picture he carries inside his heart. At the same time spare a thought for Ruqqaiya who also knows Jalal "by heart" and could get the artist to draw his picture. But the picture Ruqqaiya has inside her of Jalal is that of a remote King, static in the frame, and with all the distance of a King from his"subjects". Whereas we know the portrait Jalal is going to get the artist to draw of Jodha is of "hirni jaisi aankhen, aur menhdi rachaye haath mein khoon ki pyaasi talwar ' ufff!" Ruqqaiya's portrait of him was impersonal, his portrait of Jodha is extremely personal!

Also there is a new promo where Jalal is seen burning the portrait of Jodha saying "Some things are meant to be burnt". We don't know why he is doing this because it is to become clear next week only. Maybe after he commissioned the portrait he felt it had laid open his hidden heart for all to see and he wanted to quickly bury his deepest feelings from others and even himself! Maybe after Jodha makes the Agra trip, her continued hatred of him has piques Jalal a lot, and he is afraid he has given her too much "ehmiyat" yet again when all she had for him was still hatred. Either way, don't you think his heart stands totally exposed? He has left the genie out of the bottle by commissioning the portrait, and now its going to be mightly diffficult to bottle it back again, even after he burns the portrait!

4. This week has shown us how "roots are important" but "shoots are the future" of anything that grows

A final reason why I thought this week's episodes were important is that we got to see the separation of Jodha from her roots, just as we saw a separation of Jalal from his roots. Both are now heading for the phase of individualisation of their identities. In Jodha's case notice how she is already cooking for her new family, and getting mentally prepapred to leave her maike. And notice how her trip has made a detour to Bhanpur where she is testing the waters to see if she feels at home here. (Whether she feels more at home in Agra or Bhanpur, we shall see!)

In Jalal's case notice how he has tested his strength against Bairam Khan, and then eventually imposed his diktat on Bairam Khan regarding release of the Rajput prisoner. Now in the precap, perhaps after knowing that Baiaram has actually hung that prisoner out of spite, Jalal is actually threatening to use the sword against Bairam Khan himself.

Notice also how initially Jalal did not like Ruqqaiya saying anything against Maham Anga, but when questioned deeper by her he changed the subject to say "You are the greatest influence on my life" rather than continue to defend Maham Anga?

This week has shown me how two people are slowly beginning to see that while "roots" are important" it's the "shoots" that make the visible manifestations of any plant. They are both rising gradually from the shadows and protections of their near and dear to become individuals exposing their own individualised values in the open themselves. After this phase comes the finding of new soul-mates and new friends that echo those new values and can change their destinies.

So all in all, it was an eventful week or a dull one, depending on how you see its potential mark on the future.

My favourite moment of the week: Jalal bare body in the bath. I couldn't even hear his words, as I was staring shamelessly at every inch of him. My week is complete with that one scene. What about yours?

Edited by skanda12 - 11 years ago