JinK thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

The episode starts with "Nikki"😭 walking on the road, thinking that now she has nobody in the world and which path will she choose to walk on. She sees a temple nearby and goes to pray there and keeps seeing Karan's face over and over again. Then she remembers that Dadu had told her to go to Goa and she thinks, Oh yeah, I should go to Goa now!

Then the scene switcbes to Goa, Coffee Express. The owner starts dancing with all the customers and his wife says that he is too old to dance now. Then the scene switches again to some Awards' Ceremony. Arjun has won. Arjun comes on the stage with this horrible remix of the title track playing in the background. He says that he can't believe that he won and tells them his sob story with a few repulsive jokes. And says that he had a raging fire inside him.

Then his father, who has a bucket of water in his hand, comes up and throws it on him - just in real life, his strict father whom he calls Sir makes him wake up with some water and makes him do exercises to become fit for the army. But Arjun wants to be a pop star. At breakfast, his father narrates the whole story of his father and his father. Then Arjun asks who that lazy one is. His father says that it is him😆 and says that now his own son will be the next on the wall. Arjun thinks that his father didn't get 'shaheed' in the war and now wants to make him a shaheed! Then he remembers that he has to pick "Nikki"😭 up at the railway station.

Arjun rides along in his bike to the railway station. Another guy - either his rival or best friend - is riding in a snazzy, red convertible. They seem to be having a race. Then a traffic jam starts. The red convertible guy gets stuck in it but Arjun gets out of it and rides to the station. "Nikki"😭 comes out of the train and starts to cry. Then Arjun comes in and does this totally freak tribal type dance. Nikki asks him to keep his luggage for her but he doesn't recognize her since she isn't fat and doesn't hear her because of his music. A thief takes the luggage and runs away. The other guy comes in and is shocked and says that they both are in a rock band and stops him from arguing. Then they find out that she is Nikki, but too late as Nikki takes him to the police station. Then the Uncle of the Coffee shop takes Nikki to her room. The Aunty says that this is now her home. Then Nikki opens her luggage and looks at a picture of Daddu and Karan. Late at night, she is sleeping when she sees Devyani in her dreams, carrying a knife, coming to kill her... And she jumps out of her sleep, screaming.

I didn't like the episode one bit. If it was a brand new show then it would have been nice, but this just seems like an insult to DMPS...

Edited by JinK - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelie thumbnail
thanks for the update but since i'm in canada and way behind u can u plz tell me whta happened to karan????
JinK thumbnail
Devyani killed Karan by mistake...
QueenE thumbnail

Thanks for the update.

I am really upset that Karan has died.  I am not going to watch it when the new story line comes to the UK.

Esther

Angelie thumbnail
omg devyani killed karan what kinda crap is this. I can't believe they would make such a joke out of the show. They kill Karan and they change the main actress. This story was based on karan and nikki's love how the heck can they kill him off?? sorry for the rant but i'm pissed.
JinK thumbnail

So am I and I'm not even watching this crap anymore, it's too childish compared to the mature earlier story. All the characters are replaced; most of all, my old favourite Nikki (Shweta Agarwal) and I don't think that anyone can do justice to the character of Nikki.

Their attempts to 'pep the show up' are disgusting. They don't care about the storyline at all; they don't care about what the viewers used to like about Dekho Magar Pyaar Se; they just want to raise the TRPs so Sony's Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai doesn't stand a chance.

I really think that Karan shouldn't have died. Devyani should have gone to jail with KK. Kaya and Dadu and Abhi, as well as Gautam should have come back. Also Aai, Pinky Mausi and Bindiya. They could have shown any storyline - or even ended the show - but they have gone to this extent - they have made it into a brand new show!

Anyway, I don't think that Nikki was so selfish that she would have gone away to Goa just because she wanted a cool new life, Nikki would have stayed behind and helped out the people who helped her - Manju, Pinky Mausi, Aai, Gautam, Bindiya, Abhi... With all these people in her life, how is it possible that Nikki is all alone in this world as she said before? Has Star Plus forgotten? Or do they simply not give a damn as to what the story demands just because they want a nice fat profit at the end of the week? Because they want to increase their viewership?

Remember when Star Plus marketed the show? I wanted to watch it then, because it looked different. When the first episode went on air, I liked it a lot. After some episodes when Nikki entered Sareen Mansion, the story became really interesting. We saw love blooming between Nikki and Karan and Abhi's hearts. Later Nikki left Sareen Mansion and went to live with her mausi who had cancer. Then they showed a confusion - if Karan was really in love with Nikki or not. Then Nikki and Karan's marriage took place, and on their honeymoon Nikki was killed and Karan accused. Then 3 years later, we saw that Nikki had come back, with a changed hairstyle, look and body, but with the same charm that Nikki had always possessed. We saw Nikki and Karan falling in love once again... and now, look what Star Plus has done to it.

This storyline - what is Star Plus trying to do? I find it immensely boring. It is full of characters trying to act more funny than they can, as well as a Nikki who doesn't possess any of the charm that Nikki did. No offense to Shraddha, of course - she was amazing in Krisshna Arjun as a detective and a host in Kucch Kar Dikhana Hai - but she just doesn't fit into the role of Nikki. Ask yourself - when Maya appeared, we never believed that she was Nikki. Why? Because she didn't have the certain aura Nikki possessed - that spark in her eyes, that smile.

I particularly hate the character of Arjun. He is in no way like Karan - Karan never tried to act too cool, or too macho. Karan did whatever he did with style. He never tried to show off too much. He was a calm, laid-back yet cool sportsman when he met Nikki, and then took charge of Nikki's business. Whenever he met another girl, he never really loved her. That was the reason which had held him back for some time - that he never wanted a replacement for his Nikki. But then he accepted her, and then saved her life with sacrificing his own.

And Abhi - Abhi always could do anything for Nikki. Sure, he turned just a bit negative, but he never hurt anyone in his love. He always helped out Nikki and truly loved her.

I hate this change. Even if DMPS now gets popular, I won't watch it. And do you know why? Because it's simply a sick joke now.

QueenE thumbnail

I quite agree!

Esther

Angelie thumbnail
i agree too
i still can't believe they did this
why didn't they just make a seperate show and let dmps the way it is