Abhishek Kapur's Great Expectations 4m Kat & Sushi

Socklet thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

Rock On director Abhishek Kapoor has cast Katrina Kaif for his next (yet untitled) film which is said to be an adaptation of a Charles Dickens classic Great Expectations. The film will be produced by Balaji Motion Pictures.

Interestingly, Abhishek had earlier gone on record when he said that he cast newbies in Kai Po Che because he was done with chasing big stars. Now, things seem to have changed very quickly when he signed Katrina Kaif as the female lead.

It is said that the director recently approached the actress for the role and after a four-hour long meeting, Katrina gave her consent because she loved the script immensely.

Set in early Victorian England, the film, that charts the journey of Pip, an orphan, was the most autobiographical novel of Dickens apart from David Copperfield.

As far as the male lead is concerned Abhishek has signed his protg Sushant Singh Rajput to play the protagonist.

Says a source that earlier Sushant was a little skeptical about picking up the role due to date issues. But later, he gave in and acceded to Abhishek's request.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ddds

Says a source that earlier Sushant was a little skeptical about picking up the role due to date issues. But later, he gave in and acceded to Abhishek's request.

I don't really believe this.

All the 3 boys of KPC seemed to be in love with AK after KPC. Sushant has repeatedly said that he would love to work with him in every film that he makes.😃 And Sushant and AK have both confirmed it way back that he is doing the movie.
      Edited by nikitagmc - 11 years ago
      Socklet thumbnail
      Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: nikitagmc

I don't really believe this.

All the 3 boys of KPC seemed to be in love with AK after KPC. Sushant has repeatedly said that he would love to work with him in every film that he makes.😃 And Sushant and AK have both confirmed it way back that he is doing the movie.

Itz already written that 4 date issue he was skeptical.
      ablazedmelody thumbnail
      Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
      I have zero expecation from this adaptation of Great Expectation
      Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
      Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
      I feel this is an interesting combination of Abhishek-Sushant-Katrina, contradicting in many ways but interesting.

I guess Sushant will do the acting on behalf of himself and Kaif? LOL
      -koiza- thumbnail
      Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

SUSHI!!!

i wana eat- i crave for sushi!

kia yaad kara dia