Posted: 18 years ago
I love Mannat, its sooo nice 😳
83587 thumbnail
SRK looks adorable in the Khaike Paan pic! 😳
nandipandi15 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
aah!! srk looks soooo adorable in the khaike paan! i cant wait to see that song 😳 😳

thanks a lot for the pic!! πŸ˜ƒ
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: amna malik

thx alot.The pix looks damn cute😳

wowwwwww....srk looks so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...tfs πŸ‘ πŸ‘
srk_preity_kajo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan Not In A String Of Remakes

Some are beginning to call Shah Rukh Khan "the remake King". However, is this really a fair assessment?

In 2002, SRK essayed the lead role in Devdas, the role that was previously played by the legendary Dilip Kumar.

Shah Rukh's most recent endeavor is the remake of the 1978 Amitabh Bachchan classic, Don. Don is slated for release this Diwali.

While last month SRK said he wants to once again play the lead role in another superstar Amitabh Bachchan starrer in a modern-day remake of Deewar, there are no plans to make this happen. It is merely a fancy of the King at this point.

However, reports are going around that SRK will play the role of Rishi Kapoor in a remake of the Subhash Ghai directed Karz, adding that the remake will be directed by Farah Khan, who last directed SRK in the runaway hit Main Hoon Na opposite Sushmita Sen.

However, this is completely false, as both Khan's have stated.

Previously, Farah herself laughingly said, "Me remaking Karz? That's the biggest joke I've heard. On what basis did the writer decide that? I haven't said I'm doing Karz. Where did he get this hilarious information? Just because my film is titled Om Shanti Om? Okay, I know that's a hit song from Karz, but does that mean that if my film was called Mehbooba Mehbooba it would be a remake of Sholay?"

Farah continues, "My film has nothing to do with Subhash Ghai's Karz or any other old film. Why should I do a remake? Om Shanti Om is an absolute original. I've spent months fine-tuning my script. Now when both Shah Rukh and I like what's down on paper, we cannot have fertile imaginations inventing parallel plots for us."

Additionally, to set the record straight, Om Shanti Om is a fresh project, not a re-titling of Farah's now scraped film that she was supposed to make with Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, Happy New Year.

"That didn't work out. Every day there was some speculation as to why it fell through. The fact is, the script didn't seem right. Now we're all set with Om Shanti Om."

Upset with the rumours and out right false stories surrounding her film, Farah says, "I can't start my day getting so depressed. Come on, when I've everything in place I can't afford to have incorrect information spoiling things for me."

So, it looks like Shah Rukh won't be making a string of re-makes, as some claim.
[allbollywood]
srk_preity_kajo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
this is an old article...i will post the interview in 2 parts..do tell ur views after reading it...

part-1

Srk on Gauri!

"Gauri is a wonderful girl and a very very good freind now and the
mother of my two very very beautiful children and I just think I am
the luckiest man on earth to have met her."

"I'm very clear about a couple of things one of them is that my wife
never has to walk into a place where she has to feel competition or
whatever about any other woman in the world."

In the years that followed you married your childhood sweatheart
Gauri. You remember where and how you first saw her.

Yes, I remember I saw her at a party in Safdarjung Enclave. I just
saw her from the back. My car parked and she got up from a car and
she insists that it was a blue dress. I remember it as a grey and
she got off and she want and she had this huge french bun kind of
hair. I never talked to a girl before you know I mean I had spoken
to girls but never with the thought of going out with them you know.
But it's called going out or having an affair now. I asked my
friend. I was too shy then, I still am. I said would you go up to
her and ask can I dance with her because I am very scared that I
can't go up to a girl suppose if they refuse. My friend went there
and asked her. She said I am waiting for someone. I was like quite
heartbroken because I liked her. I liked her at the physical
appearance because that's the first thing that I saw. And I say she
will beat me up, when she see's the programme but I liked her
backside and I went, I thought she's got a boyfriend then I got to
know later she was waiting for her brother so I thought O.K., here's
the chance and then I went up to her and she's the first I asked for
a dance and she's also
Did she say yes?

Love with Gauri happened so suddenly that I
didn't realise what hit me. I met her for the first time
in October 1984, at a party. I saw her dancing. As I
was a student of an all boys' school. I was nervous
about approching Gauri scared that she would reject me.
So, I requested Gauri's friend, who was dating a
friend of mine, to ask Gauri to dance with me. Somehow I
liked Gauri a lot. When I first set my eyes on her, she
was about 15. And she was the first and last woman I
have asked for a dance. Putting it romantically, we
are still dancing after having shared our lives for
so many years!!!"

"I don't know whether I am a nut but I am very intense about my love
for Gauri...She's a part of me. Or rather, I am her appendage. I would
say that our relationship is spiritual. It's more than a physical love
story..."

(planetsrk.com)
doly_455 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANKESH

Hi Dolly U really rock the SRK fan club. I am also SRK fan.
I am just putting a SRK wallpaper here. I hope all of u don't mind.

SRK looks too hot & handsome here. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ What do u think all SRK fans????? πŸ˜› 😳 πŸ˜›

-------------------------------------Ani. πŸ˜ƒ

hi ankesh welcome to the king khan's club...............

the wallpaper is so 😳

doly_455 thumbnail

Originally posted by: srk_preity_kajo

Shah Rukh Khan Not In A String Of Remakes

Some are beginning to call Shah Rukh Khan "the remake King". However, is this really a fair assessment?

In 2002, SRK essayed the lead role in Devdas, the role that was previously played by the legendary Dilip Kumar.

Shah Rukh's most recent endeavor is the remake of the 1978 Amitabh Bachchan classic, Don. Don is slated for release this Diwali.

While last month SRK said he wants to once again play the lead role in another superstar Amitabh Bachchan starrer in a modern-day remake of Deewar, there are no plans to make this happen. It is merely a fancy of the King at this point.

However, reports are going around that SRK will play the role of Rishi Kapoor in a remake of the Subhash Ghai directed Karz, adding that the remake will be directed by Farah Khan, who last directed SRK in the runaway hit Main Hoon Na opposite Sushmita Sen.

However, this is completely false, as both Khan's have stated.

Previously, Farah herself laughingly said, "Me remaking Karz? That's the biggest joke I've heard. On what basis did the writer decide that? I haven't said I'm doing Karz. Where did he get this hilarious information? Just because my film is titled Om Shanti Om? Okay, I know that's a hit song from Karz, but does that mean that if my film was called Mehbooba Mehbooba it would be a remake of Sholay?"

Farah continues, "My film has nothing to do with Subhash Ghai's Karz or any other old film. Why should I do a remake? Om Shanti Om is an absolute original. I've spent months fine-tuning my script. Now when both Shah Rukh and I like what's down on paper, we cannot have fertile imaginations inventing parallel plots for us."

Additionally, to set the record straight, Om Shanti Om is a fresh project, not a re-titling of Farah's now scraped film that she was supposed to make with Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, Happy New Year.

"That didn't work out. Every day there was some speculation as to why it fell through. The fact is, the script didn't seem right. Now we're all set with Om Shanti Om."

Upset with the rumours and out right false stories surrounding her film, Farah says, "I can't start my day getting so depressed. Come on, when I've everything in place I can't afford to have incorrect information spoiling things for me."

So, it looks like Shah Rukh won't be making a string of re-makes, as some claim.
[allbollywood]

thts grt zaara.....farah khan always does somethin new......i think even if it was a remake..........srk would hav given his unique touch ................

doly_455 thumbnail

srk in pepsi ads.......

TVC STORYBOARD - MRF ZVTS
A young boy looks at the camera
and cries out enthusiastically,
"Meri film ka pehla scene." Cut
to the location...
...of this movie made by our budding
director. A train coughs, splutters
and chugs to a halt at a deserted
station.
The leading lady, unable to bear the
heat, spots a boy selling Pepsi on
the platform. Thirstily, she calls
out for him.
The hero makes a gallant
entry and offers to get her
Pepsi. But just as he buys
the bottles...

...the train moves out of the station
and gathers speed. Our hero snaps
into action. Seeing some horses
tethered nearby...

...he leaps on one and gives chase.
Nearing his waiting beloved's
compartment, he flings himself
into the moving train.

Thumbing the Pepsi bottles open,
he hands one to his lady.
Suddenly, our director realizes,
"Arre! Yeh to meri picture hai!"

And we see a turn of events. "Darling!",
she calls and our director arrives
on the scene. Snatching the Pepsi
from the hero, she passes it to him.

The bandits, whose horse our
hero had escaped with, catch
up with the train, abduct and tie
him up. Super: 'Yeh dil maange more.'

Edited by doly_455 - 18 years ago
doly_455 thumbnail

how far the media can go??😑

Shah Rukh's reign: Is the end nigh?

Saibal Chatterjee | WIDE ANGLE

New Delhi, September 6, 2006

Keep an eye on the imminent release of superstar Shah Rukh Khan's second film of the year, Farhan Akhtar's Don. More than anything else, it will probably deliver the answer to a question that has been dogging the more discerning among Mumbai movie industry observers for a while now: is King Khan's reign nearing its end?

Shah Rukh fans might feel that this question is a tad premature because the star is still a saleable proposition. Indeed, That has always been Shahrukh's strength. More a performer than an actor, he draws crowds to the movie theatres with his innate ability to provide unalloyed entertainment within a limited, predictable bandwidth.

Therein lies his greatest drawback. Shah Rukh has never showed evidence of an inclination to break free from his established screen persona and get into the skin of a character. He has never been required to go beyond set patterns because his fans seem to be happy enough with the way he is. So whether he is a lover boy, an army man or a royal figure from the pages of history, Shah Rukh will always play Shah Rukh.

But it's getting terribly tiresome. If his laboured performance in Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is any indication, fatigue seems to be catching up with him. Well, it makes perfect sense for a superstar to keep repeating himself as long as the tried and tested set of mannerisms appeals to the masses, but it is time for reinvention when it stops working.

Shah Rukh Khan as Don in Farhan Akhtar's version of the classic film
Will Don, a reworking of a monster hit of the 1970s, provide that much-needed injection of novelty into Shah Rukh's career?
If it doesn't and if Shah Rukh comes up short in the inevitable comparison with the original Amitabh Bachchan star turn, it could spell the beginning of the end of the Shah Rukh Khan era.

Surrounded by a new breed of male stars that have learnt how to downplay their established screen personas in order to flesh out clearly defined characters, Shah Rukh does not have much room for complacency. For the likes of Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan (now preparing to play Akbar in Ashutosh Gowariker's next film), Ajay Devgan, Saif Ali Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, substance has taken precedence over mere show in a series of recent films.

Shah Rukh has increasingly begun to look like a bit of an anachronism, a throwback to a past when it was enough for a star to play himself, no matter what the role.

Many superstars before Shah Rukh – Dev Anand, Rajendra Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna, to name the most prominent – have suffered much the same fate. Amitabh ruled Bollywood for close to two decades on the strength of his angry young man image, but by the late 1980s, that career-defining persona had outlived its utility. Therefore, when the biggest star Bollywood has ever seen sought to extend his run at the top with an ill-advised dependence on the image of the past, he came a cropper.

If the redoubtable Amitabh Bachchan is still a force to reckon with, it is because he has successfully made the transition from an all-conquering superstar peddling a saleable image to an actor of many parts taking on creative challenges.

Actors trapped in an image (notably Rajesh Khanna) are known to fade out completely once their fan support base erodes. Remember the last few films of Khanna's career as a superstar? A slave to mannerisms, he let his persona overwhelm the actor in him. Audiences lost patience with his jaded style, and the one-time box office king lost ground quickly.

Shah Rukh Khan is pretty close to a situation where he seems to be acting merely from memory, not from any creative stimuli stemming from the assignment at hand. In KANK, his pronounced mannerisms kill any possibility of the character he plays, a failed footballer turned coach, acquiring a life of its own.

Shah Rukh the superstar is in desperate need of resuscitation. Don, therefore, will be one of the most important films of his career. It will tell us whether he is good enough for a new lease of life at the top.

Edited by doly_455 - 18 years ago