Frequent Posters

khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hope he gets a better one in future
puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think I will wait for a more concrete statement to complete the picture. Who knows what the production house knew and when.

Edited by puglet - 11 years ago
tiahalder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
tfs!ofcourse the makers are rsponsible..on the top of that..they claimed the replacement thing after IPL as a "rumour" before ..
but nevertheless..they were not giving importance to male lead before..but now they realized a good actor as a male lead is required too even though the story will revolve around CC-UB
so this move is for the betterment of their show..
but Farhan and his family's grievances are justified too..i hope Farhan overcomes the depression soon..and take things as a challenge rather than discouragement..
all the good wishes to him for his future..!

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: showviewer

I think we have talked on other threads before on this topic. While agreeing about what you said about Farhan, I wish all the luck for his future, I also want to add that TRP is a very faulty measure of knowing what people are watching.

None of the top TRP gainers are superb in concepts or acting. Yet, they are sitting on the top rank for years. The shows which try something new don't seem to last long. Most of the shows which started with other concepts slowly come to the same themes eventually.

Coming to this show the PH and its writing department took some missteps in the beginning and lost viewers for that. But this show being a saas bahu one was never unknown, it was promoted as "Modern Bahu" from the beginning.

Most shows on Indian telly come under saas bahu, love stories and now historicals/ mythological category. Even Sanaya's previous show was not path breaking in anyway, it was the treatment of story which attracted viewers and later when even that was gone then the chemistry of the leads kept the viewers.

Being in the Indian TV industry sooner or later all actor's will end up in one saas bahu show, as they occupy a big space in Indian dramas.

Even if anything new comes up it should be offered the actor, Sanaya was offered a love story and this and either way she stands to be criticized either for repeating and playing safe or going into a boring genre.

However, I agree with you the low TRP cannot be blamed on one person, all shows are team efforts and the blame, if one needs to blame someone, has to rest with all.

As a Sanaya supporter I still want this show to have a decent run, as the acting here will be better than some of the chart toppers with similar themes. Hope the next show she is offered has something innovative because with her talent she will nail it.

@Showviewer:- I agree with you on most of the things. The PH took lot of wrong steps in the beginning. The show was promoted as Modern Bahu, then it was Khoobsurat for a long time and Supriyaji was supposed to put in Dina Pathak's role but in the end it is a Saas-Bahu show. I think most of the viewers for the show, myself included in the list were lost due to this. And to tell the truth, I think for most of the common people and I mean people who are not on internet and have social media, the pace of the story and the rushing up was very confusing and they couldn't connect to the story or the characters. So that also was a big loss for the show.

Coming to TRP, I doubt the channels look only at TRP as a guiding factor for the show's success. They themselves have lot of other measures to track the feedback from the audience. I know this because I myself have answered telephone queries from channels and have been questioned in malls about new serials feedback for colors and star plus. Didn't ever had to answer for Sony and Zee but I am sure they also must be putting in their own efforts to guage the feedback of the audience. For the broad audience the reason the channels will give is the TRPs didn't work out but I don't think that would be the sole decision for a serial being yanked out. And yes a show being hit or failure is not due to one person alone. If that be the case, we wouldn't have any duds in for the good actors at all.

Having said this, I do hope the Indian TV makers do try to do something new rather than go the beaten path. Here I have say that a Grey's Anatomy or a full on ER series may not be hit in India because at the end of the day we have very less population which is educated and the majority of the Indian TV viewing audience comprises of middle class people and uneducated people and for them they can relate to saas-bahu concepts better than hi-fi terms and concepts. That is one reason we are stuck in Saas-Bahu shows but at the same time looking at Saraswati Chandra not taking off inspite of having Sanjay Leela Bhansali at the helm of the things and the show being repeated on Doordarshan and TV, I want to believe that audience is indeed warming to good shows and are trashing old/crying/dragging concepts. So maybe better days are here and I for one am waiting for 24 to air on Colors.
Edited by psarada - 11 years ago
LuvuKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: psarada

Well as a neutral viewer, meaning one who is not very impressed with Chanchan inspite of Sanaya staring in it, I would say it was entirely the channels/PH fault for casting Farhan in the role. Honestly lot of things didn't work for the show in the first 2 months - The creatives themselves didn't know which story they are aiming for. First it was a Khubsoorat remake but then in the end it is a saas-bahu show - I don't want to argue whether it is a progressive or regressive, but at the heart it is a saas-bahu show now. For people who are Sanaya's fans they may watch the show with all its faults but for majority of the audience, it is just one of the many shows that have the same concept and it is a lot like been there/done that. So now blaming FK for the low TRPs and dumping him right after IPL ends is plain unprofessional.

And yes as a person I can understand Farhan might be feeling depressed - anyone would feel it. Why didn't they replace him in the month of April itself as it was pretty clear things were not working out by the 3rd and 4th week of the show. The reason is the PH didn't want to spend more money and replace the actor when IPL was going on in the background and they wouldn't get any TRPs. So once IPL is over, I think they replaced him to grab more TRPs. All said and done, I do hope Farhan is able to put this in his stride and go on in life but I agree this will leave a big mark on his career and it may be difficult for him to move on from here. And also I have to add - the over-criticism of Sanaya fans and wholly blaming FK for everything going wrong for the show was very harsh. I don't want to go into whether the fans were right or wrong but yes the tone was very harsh and I do hope the fans go easy on Anuj if the TRPs still doesn't increase after his entry.

I think you wrote same trp talk in another thread any me and few others too cleared you. I am here on CC forum from the first day. infact this is the only forum i am Active. so i have checked most of the Topic. Many people never said FK is the reason for low trp. many people i think around 90% or more was upset with FK's Acting. it is obvious na ML shuld Act well .. so we didn't have much interest on ChanMan jodi.. and also coz of FK all the others had to do so many retakes. so we wished a replacement. and not coz of trp.

But just few people only said trp will raise if they change FK. just little amount of people.that too with proofs. they said their friends have stopped watchin CC coz of FK.

FK improved littl e but he had long way and we never felt excited to see chanMan scenes. but on Thursday just one epi with Anuj but most of the people loved the epi and watched that so many times again and again.
now we all love ChanMan and excited and wanna see more scenes of them.
all are waiting so eagarly for monday epi that too to see ChanMan.

hope you can see the difference.

we waited for Monday to see Sanaya Till last thursday
but now we are waiting for Monday to see ChanMan and CC...

so for me ML replacement was very good and may be the few who left coz of FK may start watching CC again and coz of that few viewers trp may also increase. at least little.

and from Thursday i read so many comments on CC forum that they many have started to watch CC again. so the truth is we have got more viewers coz of FK replacement..

Please just don't mix TRP and FK again and again.. coz we know very well FK is not only the reason for Bad trp..may be he is one reason with few more other reasons.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Guinea

Psarda @ I agree with you on what the PH did was wrong , the circus abt replacing him has been on for months now with new names being tossed every day ...abt getting a new face post ipl , dunno if it was delibrate ( probably yes , and a business decision ... ) or maybe this much time was taken to finally find a suitable actor who finally said ' yes' .

Regarding fan behaviour ...sigh what can I say , internet provides ppl anonymity and that sometimes leads to ppl behaving teribbly . To see sanaya being bashed teribbly , you donot need to go too far ...just go to the jdj forum and see the fans of her ex costar who have come specially to that forum to do the same ...

@Guinea:- I usually don't go on forums other than the ones I am not comfortable with. For that matter, I don't post too much on this forum too as I myself had received a big lamba hate pm from a person - the reason being I was very critical of the show in the beginning and so I was termed a Sanaya hater by that person. I felt bad but then with internet you have the anonymity and I have to say India-Forums has become progressively bad. So unless and until I am comfortable with the people I am talking to, I usually don't post anything at all. If I like the show, I watch it or else I move on. But yes after the previous show has ended, I am learning the new ways in which the PHs make fool of themselves. After IPK fiasco, I thought no one can go as bad as 4Lions but now I feel like every PH is made of the same mould, Still have good impression on Directors Kut since I have watched the person Rajan Shahi from Bidaai time. I used to have a good impression on Optimystrix as Saas Bina Sasural was one of my favorite shows and I specifically ordered Sony HD in my Tata Sky package due to KBC and SBS. But looking at the way these people were jumping around with new articles being thrown around everyday, I am doubting the professionalism of this PH too.
Edited by psarada - 11 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^I agree I been in this forum for awhile I always keep a check on it and never seen people blaming Farhan for low TRP I seen many of Sanaya fans defend him during the first rumors of him getting replaced this all started with the eye staring scene and from then on his performance started to get weaker and Weaker which for the fans frustrated whatever bashing I seen him get was for his acting skills not for low TRP many of Sanz fans agree that the story needs alot of improvement.

I never seen anyone abuse Farhan as a person whatever he has was professional criticism which you are bond to have as an actor.
Edited by -Unknowndesire - 11 years ago
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: khanrocks

as much as we are happy the poor is suffering hope he can get other oppurtunities in the future

Were you not the one who posted yesterday that he got something new to do?
rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sondaryalakshmi

Guys but don't mind but its all Optimistic production house's fault, when they knew wat a brilliant actress Sanaya is and stand in the television industry, her aura and her charm, The production house shouldn't have casted Farhan at the 1st place.

In many sites Poor guy is humiliated for no fault of his, it was his first time in acting, how much he was practicing and trying to improve we all have seen on the sets.
The optimistic is really mean, they should have casted a good and experienced actor in it's first place, because guys rejection can break u like anything!!!!!
Hope Farhan gets good work after this!!!!!!

Exactly it is PH's fault...They shouldn't have hire a fresher like Farah Khan in the first place against Sanaya when she is already a good established actress...
Edited by rini_kat - 11 years ago
khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yeah he has a new project but still it hurts knowing your not gonn be part of somthing anymore but still u move on