Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
My take on the situation is that naturally they are family , so would feel upset for him and with the prodn house ...they are not blaming the fans .

The prodn house is largly to be blamed for finalizing a rookie in such a hurry , but honestly his skill set is so poor that unless he does some acting classes etc , it would not be easy for him to find work ...
khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
true but telly world is brutual
Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: psarada

Well as a neutral viewer, meaning one who is not very impressed with Chanchan inspite of Sanaya staring in it, I would say it was entirely the channels/PH fault for casting Farhan in the role. Honestly lot of things didn't work for the show in the first 2 months - The creatives themselves didn't know which story they are aiming for. First it was a Khubsoorat remake but then in the end it is a saas-bahu show - I don't want to argue whether it is a progressive or regressive, but at the heart it is a saas-bahu show now. For people who are Sanaya's fans they may watch the show with all its faults but for majority of the audience, it is just one of the many shows that have the same concept and it is a lot like been there/done that. So now blaming FK for the low TRPs and dumping him right after IPL ends is plain unprofessional.

And yes as a person I can understand Farhan might be feeling depressed - anyone would feel it. Why didn't they replace him in the month of April itself as it was pretty clear things were not working out by the 3rd and 4th week of the show. The reason is the PH didn't want to spend more money and replace the actor when IPL was going on in the background and they wouldn't get any TRPs. So once IPL is over, I think they replaced him to grab more TRPs. All said and done, I do hope Farhan is able to put this in his stride and go on in life but I agree this will leave a big mark on his career and it may be difficult for him to move on from here. And also I have to add - the over-criticism of Sanaya fans and wholly blaming FK for everything going wrong for the show was very harsh. I don't want to go into whether the fans were right or wrong but yes the tone was very harsh and I do hope the fans go easy on Anuj if the TRPs still doesn't increase after his entry.

I disagree with some of the things you have said - yes i agree some of sanaya fans have been quite critical off him , I for one used to cringe everytime he was on the screen ...I know loads who stopped watching the show because of him , but nobody blamed him for trp ...infact most members in this forum were clear that trp would only improve if some other factors improve drastically in the show.

Yes, some fans have been nasty and written things on his facebook profile , but in my opinion fans is a huge generic word and they behave in vastly different ways ... I for one donot expect the trp's to magically improve because anuj is their , I just expect my viewing pleasure to be better when I watch the episodes of the show weekly and looking at the sampling I got this week , I am sure it will happen.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
They are his family, obviously they would be upset. On the other hand, if he had been replaced within a month, they would have said he was not given a fair chance to improve. Either way, the fact remains that he really could not deliver what as required even after two months, and since he was acting with such good actors, his inexperience showed up even more starkly.

Of course the PH has to also share the blame for casting such a raw newbie, without testing to see whether he could act or not. But Farhan also has to introspect whether he did the right thing by accepting such a high profile role when he didn't know whether he was ready for it or not ... he obviously was not, ready, but by his tall claims at the start of the show, he made everybody think he was experienced ... when he fell flat on his face, he was not given much leeway. He should get up and try again ... but this time take smaller roles, or better still, acting classes ... till he improves his skills. Or he should re-evaluate his choice of career ... he seems to be a good still model, and from his off screen segments, I felt he is more passionate about his athletics than about acting.

Edited ... Sanaya fans have never blamed FK for the low TRPs ... au contraire, Sanaya fans welcomed Farhan with open arms at the start of the show, but his acting skills were critically evaluated from the beginning, and he never delivered. Sanaya fans will watch the show for Sanaya anyway ... only our viewing pleasure will be much more now with Anuj. TRPs are a different matter entirely.
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
as much as we are happy the poor is suffering hope he can get other oppurtunities in the future
Chandani_C thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think the boy did a good job, he was OK, and I dont think the storyline required this character to be an A level actor. Its not in few weeks thats you can improve your skills, we all need months. They honestly should have kept Farhan for the character of Manaav. Anyways better luck next time dear, hope to catch him soon again on Tv.

TC
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Guinea

I disagree with some of the things you have said - yes i agree some of sanaya fans have been quite critical off him , I for one used to cringe everytime he was on the screen ...I know loads who stopped watching the show because of him , but nobody blamed him for trp ...infact most members in this forum were clear that trp would only improve if some other factors improve drastically in the show.

Yes, some fans have been nasty and written things on his facebook profile , but in my opinion fans is a huge generic word and they behave in vastly different ways ... I for one donot expect the trp's to magically improve because anuj is their , I just expect my viewing pleasure to be better when I watch the episodes of the show weekly and looking at the sampling I got this week , I am sure it will happen.

@Guniea:- I don't mean to write *all* the fans of Sanaya did things that were wrong but yes I was talking about what you have written down in bold here. The PH and channel were the ones who cast him in the show and I for one can't fathom what they saw in FK during auditions time. There many be many reasons for FK being selected and I am not ruling out favors also but the fact is the responsibility lies with the PH and channel to okay the candidate and if the candidate doesn't work out then replace him with as little as impact as possible. The whole circus of whether he is going or staying was not needed - In my honest opinion. And lastly delaying the replacement for so long I am doubtful if they will indeed gain any mileage due to this work and not to say, the whole funda of dropping him after IPL was really a unprofessional one.
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: psarada

Well as a neutral viewer, meaning one who is not very impressed with Chanchan inspite of Sanaya staring in it, I would say it was entirely the channels/PH fault for casting Farhan in the role. Honestly lot of things didn't work for the show in the first 2 months - The creatives themselves didn't know which story they are aiming for. First it was a Khubsoorat remake but then in the end it is a saas-bahu show - I don't want to argue whether it is a progressive or regressive, but at the heart it is a saas-bahu show now. For people who are Sanaya's fans they may watch the show with all its faults but for majority of the audience, it is just one of the many shows that have the same concept and it is a lot like been there/done that. So now blaming FK for the low TRPs and dumping him right after IPL ends is plain unprofessional.

And yes as a person I can understand Farhan might be feeling depressed - anyone would feel it. Why didn't they replace him in the month of April itself as it was pretty clear things were not working out by the 3rd and 4th week of the show. The reason is the PH didn't want to spend more money and replace the actor when IPL was going on in the background and they wouldn't get any TRPs. So once IPL is over, I think they replaced him to grab more TRPs. All said and done, I do hope Farhan is able to put this in his stride and go on in life but I agree this will leave a big mark on his career and it may be difficult for him to move on from here. And also I have to add - the over-criticism of Sanaya fans and wholly blaming FK for everything going wrong for the show was very harsh. I don't want to go into whether the fans were right or wrong but yes the tone was very harsh and I do hope the fans go easy on Anuj if the TRPs still doesn't increase after his entry.

I think we have talked on other threads before on this topic. While agreeing about what you said about Farhan, I wish all the luck for his future, I also want to add that TRP is a very faulty measure of knowing what people are watching.

None of the top TRP gainers are superb in concepts or acting. Yet, they are sitting on the top rank for years. The shows which try something new don't seem to last long. Most of the shows which started with other concepts slowly come to the same themes eventually.

Coming to this show the PH and its writing department took some missteps in the beginning and lost viewers for that. But this show being a saas bahu one was never unknown, it was promoted as "Modern Bahu" from the beginning.

Most shows on Indian telly come under saas bahu, love stories and now historicals/ mythological category. Even Sanaya's previous show was not path breaking in anyway, it was the treatment of story which attracted viewers and later when even that was gone then the chemistry of the leads kept the viewers.

Being in the Indian TV industry sooner or later all actors will end up in one saas bahu show, as they occupy a big space in Indian dramas.

Even if anything new comes up it should be offered to the actor, Sanaya was offered a love story and this and either way she stands to be criticized either for repeating and playing safe or going into a boring genre.

However, I agree with you the low TRP cannot be blamed on one person, all shows are team efforts and the blame, if one needs to blame someone, has to rest with all.

As a Sanaya supporter I still want this show to have a decent run, as the acting here will be better than some of the chart toppers with similar themes. Hope the next show she is offered has something innovative because with her talent she will nail it.
Edited by showviewer - 11 years ago
bolt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

First I have a problem with this article...there is no authencity to it...just somebody said...

The PH hired him...he had the option to say no but took on the job...he was given ample time to deliver...but he coud not. Even the fans welcomed him with open arms and gave him time and support...but again he could not deliver.
The PH made the decision to replace him and let the show go on...this is running a business...nothing unprofessional.
This is showbiz...you are in everyone's eyes...you have to be ready for this to happen...feel bad...cry a little...move on..
Everything in life happens for a reason and should be taken as a learning oppurtunity.
Guinea thumbnail
Psarda @ I agree with you on what the PH did was wrong , the circus abt replacing him has been on for months now with new names being tossed every day ...abt getting a new face post ipl , dunno if it was delibrate ( probably yes , and a business decision ... ) or maybe this much time was taken to finally find a suitable actor who finally said ' yes' .

Regarding fan behaviour ...sigh what can I say , internet provides ppl anonymity and that sometimes leads to ppl behaving teribbly . To see sanaya being bashed teribbly , you donot need to go too far ...just go to the jdj forum and see the fans of her ex costar who have come specially to that forum to do the same ...