Will satish kaushik mend ties with salman?

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Will Satish Kaushik mend ties with Salman?

The director is set to remake the Tamil 'Pithamagan' and might approach Salman for it

"Maine ek baar jo commitment kar di, phir main khud ki bhi nahin sunta." These words may have held true for Salman Khan, but not for director Satish Kaushik. The latter had vowed after the debacle of 'Tere Naam' that he would never work with Salman. However these words seem to have been forgotten and the latest news is that the filmmaker is planning a movie with the 'Dabangg' Khan. The movie is supposedly a remake of a South Indian film, but on whether Salman will star in it, Satish says diplomatically, "I haven't spoken to Salman."

Satish vowed to not work with Salman after the hysterics that took place on the sets of 'Tere Naam'. Apparently their arguments got so bad that the hotheaded Khan slapped the director in front of the entire unit. Salman reportedly was not happy about the direction the movie was taking, but stuck to his word and completed it. He felt the movie would be a major flop, but it surprisingly became one of the biggest hits of his career. Ever since then, the two have not worked together.

Now that Satish has bought the remake rights to the Tamil 'Pithamagan', rumour is he might get Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan on board, if Salman does not agree.

Satish says "I have bought the rights to the film but the cast is yet to be decided."

'Tere Naam' was also a remake; the original was a South film 'Sethu' directed by Bala. Bala also directed 'Pithamagan'. Satish has grand plans for the movie. "I want to make 'Pithamagan' because it is a very heartfelt and strong film," he says.