My mother watches Comedy Circus regularly: Arbaaz

VintageRose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

My mother watches Comedy Circus regularly: Arbaaz Khan

..says Arbaaz Khan, who is taking over the mantle of judge from brother Sohail in the new season

You have finally embraced what seems like a faily profession. Malaika has judged many shows before... 
I have been offered shows earlier, but I turned them down either because I was committed elsewhere or because it didn't go well with the kind of show I wanted.

Did she give you any tips or advice? 

The only advice I have got from everyone in my family is to be myself and enjoy. 

Why did you decide to take it up?

I am fond of humour, so when this show came to me I was pretty excited. It was an opportunity to be on TV with a highly watchable long-running comedy show. I am looking forward to having a great time.

Are you in a sense replacing Sohail who has begun shooting for his film Mental

You can call it anything — that I am replacing him or that the channel was looking for another judge as Sohail was committed to something. 

If you were invited to judge a dance or a singing show, you would say...
Why not! I would love to be a part of a dance or singing show.

Can you take a joke on yourself? 
Of course. As I said I have a sense of humour and it is not restricted to laughing at the cost of others. You have to be able to laugh at yourself also, especially on this show where the contestants will make fun of you or take digs at you. One has to take it in stride and not seriously. 

Sohail was very popular and he used to bring biryani for the entire cast and crew? How will you keep them happy?

Sohail was associated with the show for two years. I have just come on board and have shot only a couple of episodes. Let's see how it goes, I haven't planned anything. 

Do you already have some favourites from having seen the show before?

It wouldn't be fair to pick anyone. 

Who is the biggest fan of the show in your family?
I guess it's Sohail because he was closely associated with the show. But yes, my mother watches the show regularly.

Sohail's signature move was to stand up on the chair and applaud. What would yours be?

We'll see. I have just started shooting for it. It will come naturally.