Such an over used topic

Coffeegirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
In sooo many pakistani serials, there is at least one point where there happens to be a second marriage because the wife can't produce children.

This is such an over used story line and quite frankly every time I see it I find it super annoying. I mean even in the real world in the stone set cultures, that doesn't happen as much as it happens on tv. I mean I know couples who haven't been able to have children but did not get married again to someone else just because of that.

What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think the storyline's being repeated is the biggest problem in my opinion. There's just barely any well written characters anymore. The presentation of a serial and well etched out characters can either make or break a simple story. However, these days it's more about the profit business rather than providing quality entertainment. Every channel recycles the same stuff with barely anything new or interesting added. It's like they refuse to add in that little bit of extra effort. For some reason, majority of the dramas which do sweep the ratings consist of the same storyline's. Saas vs bahu saga, sister vs sister, religious father and oppressed girls, feminists, taweez and jadoo, woman not giving birth to sons but instead daughters and it just goes on... Plus, there's more of a focus on the female characters and despite being a female myself I hate it. Writers need to please consider sketching out better character's for our males. Their always just stuck amidst the woman and deserve something a little more interesting instead of just being there in the storyline. Majority of today's dramas revolve around the female character. She's the central part and everything else is adjoined to her. Perhaps this could maybe work the other way sometimes as well?

And majority of the endings to our dramas are very unrealistic. Well actually a lot of events related to the storyline's is taken to extremes, but I just wish for something normal to be made once again. I really do miss the old PTV days.
294531 thumbnail

I agree with you this topic is over used in our dramas, women not able to conceive or giving birth to daughters. and men marrying another woman. we don't live in the jahaliat wala zamana anymore. but it is shown in dramas i wouldn't have any problem if they showed that with a good message at the end. like in ZGH father is kind of feeling bad now. but its really rare . men are always torturing their wives .