Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Well written post, huddy ... you expressed the feelings of many of the viewers.

The character of Manav is actually an interesting character, he is not a dikra or mama's boy ... he's already shown it in a couple of scenes like when Manav sees instantly the difference in his family and Chhanchhan's, when he deliberately goes against his mother's wishes to help Hitesh. The character of Manav has a lot of potential.

Unfortunately the actor is just not good enough ... he is being given scenes where he can show his acting chops, bring in some nuances into his role, and he has failed to do so every time. He just mouths his dialogues and that is it. He is erratic ... some days he is decent, and my hopes rise that he is getting better ... and the very next day, he falls flat again. On Thursday, he was pretty decent in the episode ... and in the precap/promo of the Manav proposal, he was BAD!!!!

I think he has been given enough time ... the PH needs to look into the matter seriously. If he is going to be just a prop after the marriage, then it's okay, let him be. But if he is going to have any substantial role at all, then the PH needs to think about him. And judging from their previous shows, this PH is pretty good at balancing all the characters, and Manav WILL have a role to play ... if the actor doesn't measure up, it will be to the detriment of the show.

@Sunara ... well said! We were all waiting for the show, we were ready to embrace Sanaya's new costar with open arms ... our only wish was for a decent ACTOR. We welcomed Farhan, we gave him time, we gave him leeway ... he's new, he's learning, he will take time ... but how much time? There should be some upward curve ... here it is flat!
KeyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Even I find him really nice. Just lacks in a bit of emotion so what?
Even Barun Sobti was like this and then he became an awesome actor so even farhan will gain experience and one day he will be the best for sure!
huddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vanitha3d

there are worst actors in many lead shows which i dont want to mension the names but in that shows chemistry nor popular actors are needed only their carracters in the show speak ,where as our doll sanaya has huge fan following who watch the show for her and even the channel knows it and what we get is a dummy in the name of mail lead which is some times feel like loosing intrest in the show and because of that there is lot of negativity in the forum . i agree with you till when can we comprimise thinking he will improve ,the channel should make a proper decission to make the show more intresting . when a popular show like Mahadev is replacing a new parvati [ for her tantrums ] why not our show though i am not against farhan.

Hello Dear...thank you for commenting...much appreciated 😊

I absolutely agree with you...acting is vital in every show no matter how popular or unpopular the show is because if acting is not convincing then the show will not establish well and will leave the viewers with nothing but disappointment...it will not garner many viewers...and will put the rest of the casts' hard work and determination down the drain!!

How long can we viewers wait?...eventually even the die-hards fans will be tempted to turn off...therefore it is imperative that changes happen fast

Huddy x
huddy thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrazyAmie

All I can say nowadays in my every prayer I wish for the replacement

This is also my wish at the moment...unless a miracle happens which I doubt

Thank you for commenting Lovely...much appreciated 😊

Huddy x
huddy thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealSanz..

Criticism may not be agreeable but it is necessary in order for the betterment of things. The TM didn't say anything because of which Farhan may get offended if he happens to read this post :)
TM: I don't know if you have been told this but you write very beautifully 😳
I agree with you completely. Even though audience don't watch and give actors time to improve, this is Farhan's first show so he deserved at least 3-4 weeks before people passed any judgements. Plus, Sanaya asked us to give him time so how could we not? But now it has been well above a month and instead of seeing improvement, I'm actually seeing his performance become weaker. He started improving the third week but then he went back to square one.
Like Sunara said, this role isn't the "ji mummy" type where all he does is shake his head in agreement. It's more than that and requires a good actor to portray it. The character Manav tends to fall in to the shadow many times, something the character is not supposed to but has to because of the actor portraying it. The casting director and Farhan are both at fault here. All we can do now is just hope that they do damage control before IPL ends. I would prefer a replacement because an actor like Farhan needs quite some time to improve and we don't have that time.

Thank you for the support and lovely compliments Honey...much appreciated 😊

You are absolutely right...we loyal fans always wanted and still want the best for the show...we wholeheartedly accepted Farhan and we still appreciate him and adore how hard-working he is...but if his acting is not appealing to the eyes then it is obvious that fans will criticise...as we fans want the best for Sanaya and the rest of the cast...and removing this hinderance will be the only way for the betterment for the show

The only way the show will go up is if this mistake is corrected...it's never too late and I hope change is infused fast!!

I also agree with Sunara, the male lead has much more scope than what we are assuming...so for Manav's role to be enacted with finesse we need a good actor and Farhan is nowhere near doing this anytime soon...and as you said time is vital and we just don't have enough to support him in becoming better!!

How much time will we keep giving? even though we keep giving time don't we fans deserve some good acting in return?

It's not fair for us too...and as much as I dislike saying this, replacement needs to happen!!

Huddy xx

huddy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ddFan2012

Fantastic post huddy...everyone is finding it hard to say what they have to say...but eventually FK has left us no choice but to be honest...

When the show started I was one of the few who stated these words "Look beyond an actor and concentrate on the character"

Today I can see that everyday there is a fan who have never criticised before is putting up a post with regards to the acting skills on FK.

I hope the PH realizes their blunder and rectify it...for many are not watching the show until his replacement happens.

And there are the TRP audience and not IF bloggers...

Thank you very much Lovely 😊

As they say "Honesty Is The Best Policy"...we fans are being utterly honest and we are doing it in the correct way...we have nothing against Farhan and are also wishing he does improve...but it is just not happening, and in actual fact his acting is deteriorating!!

I am exactly the same, never have I taken a step before in doing this as I used to always keep my thoughts to myself...and kept encouraging myself that things will definitely get better...I would wait more...and more...until now my pateince has ran out, I mean how long do we have to wait for improvement?? We are human beings and how much can we put up with?!

I also hope the same with regards to replacement and we see changes real fast...as the TRP is also proof that the audience are not liking certain aspects in the show

Huddy x
huddy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..SaNaYaHoLiC..

Huddy, I have always loved your posts even on the IPK forum 😳 You're thoughts are so mature and well put together 😳

I was one of those people who defended Farhan from the first day and kept saying we should all give him time, if not for his sake then at least for Sanaya's sake. But now... for how long can we keep saying that? It's an excuse now. No more excuses because he needs to be replaced I know people say that it's unfair for him but dont they realize that it's unfair for Sanaya and others who have to put up with him. Not to mention, it's unfair for him too! So I think it's the best for everyone to let Farhan go and bring in an actor who is capable of handling this role.

Aww thank you sweety for the lovely compliments...much appreciated 😊

Many fans like you and me put up with his acting week after week only for Sanaya...but how much can we endure...we are all tired and need some good entertainment...we want the best for Sanaya and the rest of the cast but with Farhan being the hinderance this is not happening anytime soon!!

I agree with you, all this is unfair for Sanaya too, her acting is phenomenal and she wants to grow and the only way for this is if she is paired against a good actor!!...I think everyone now sees beyond the point of explanation and want repalcement as soon as possible

Huddy x

huddy thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Well written post, huddy ... you expressed the feelings of many of the viewers.

The character of Manav is actually an interesting character, he is not a dikra or mama's boy ... he's already shown it in a couple of scenes like when Manav sees instantly the difference in his family and Chhanchhan's, when he deliberately goes against his mother's wishes to help Hitesh. The character of Manav has a lot of potential.

Unfortunately the actor is just not good enough ... he is being given scenes where he can show his acting chops, bring in some nuances into his role, and he has failed to do so every time. He just mouths his dialogues and that is it. He is erratic ... some days he is decent, and my hopes rise that he is getting better ... and the very next day, he falls flat again. On Thursday, he was pretty decent in the episode ... and in the precap/promo of the Manav proposal, he was BAD!!!!

I think he has been given enough time ... the PH needs to look into the matter seriously. If he is going to be just a prop after the marriage, then it's okay, let him be. But if he is going to have any substantial role at all, then the PH needs to think about him. And judging from their previous shows, this PH is pretty good at balancing all the characters, and Manav WILL have a role to play ... if the actor doesn't measure up, it will be to the detriment of the show.

@Sunara ... well said! We were all waiting for the show, we were ready to embrace Sanaya's new costar with open arms ... our only wish was for a decent ACTOR. We welcomed Farhan, we gave him time, we gave him leeway ... he's new, he's learning, he will take time ... but how much time? There should be some upward curve ... here it is flat!

Thank you Honey...much appreciated 😊

Manav is indeed very interesting...in each episode his character grows and we see new things coming out about Manav, for example: going against his mom, lying to his mum etc...in the near future and until the end Manav will have much scope and will be a vital character...there is no denying that!!

For an actor to play Manav's character...he needs to be good, but unfortunately Farhan fits nowhere into this character...his acting is bleak and bland...and for us to cherish Manav's role with Chhanchhan we need a better actor

To tell you the truth I cringed whilst watching the promo...it was more like shouting his dialouges out instead of confessing with emotion and expression...what was meant to be beautiful resulted in utter disappointment!!

Time can no longer tell us what will happen because we are all convinced his acting is going to go nowhere, improvement is a big doubt and this is a fact..now all we can do is wait for replacement to happen

Huddy x
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree a good actor will make a vast difference. If an actor does well and connects with the audience, then even the creatives can build the character, otherwise they have to make Manav a prop.

The only way, I see is, if we send feedback to channel and producers. They are the only ones who can do the needful. They have to hear from us loud and clear. I request everyone to do send feedback, write on their website, Facebook and twitter accounts.

The following thread has some links. Credit goes to TM for putting all the information together.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3543227

Don't know if writing here is enough, we have write to channel and producers directly. I have given my feedback to SONY and also included other things like script, editing glitches too in my comments. All this will give them an idea, after all they are making this show to entertain us, so our views count.

Thank you huddy for the post, very well written.

Edited by showviewer - 11 years ago
AdorableDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: showviewer

I agree a good actor will make a vast difference. If an actor does well and connects with the audience, then even the creatives can build the character, otherwise they have to make Manav a prop.

The only way, I see is, if we send feedback to channel and producers. They are the only ones who can do the needful. They have to hear from us loud and clear. I request everyone to do send feedback, write on their website, Facebook and twitter accounts.

The following thread has some links. Credit goes to TM for putting all the information together.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3543227

Don't know if writing here is enough, we have write to channel and producers directly. I have given my feedback to SONY and also included other things like script, editing glitches too in my comments. All this will give them an idea, after all they are making this show to entertain us, so our views count.

Thank you huddy for the post.

Try to give ur feed back Sneha Rajani and Sanjiv Sharma on twitter
Edited by CrazyAmie - 11 years ago