Pakistan To Blackout SRK And Akshay Starrers This

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Pakistan To Blackout SRK And Akshay Starrers This Eid?

Pakistan is a big market for Bollywood films, especially if the films feature any of the big Bollywood superstars. However, throwing a stunner this year, distributors and exhibitors in Pakistan have apparently decided to abandon the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Chennai Express and the Akshay Kumar starrer Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2, reasoning that Pakistani filmmakers want their films to gain more prominence this Eid.

If this new ruling holds water, it may just cut off a major share of revenue for the respective film's producers. Commenting on the same, Tanuj Garg- CEO of Balaji Motion Pictures, says, "Though we have not yet received any official notification from the Pakistani authorities, if this is true, it will surely be really sad. In fact I feel that this is really amazing and bizarre that an industry that thrives on Bollywood films can take such a decision. If you look at the Pakistani market there has been a revival, thanks to Bollywood films. But all the same, if we do receive a notification, we will need to discuss this matter, since you cannot just blackout any film for your indigenous cinema, though you have all the right to revive it through better means."

Commenting on this matter, renowned trade analyst Taran Adarsh says, "First of all, till an official note comes in from the Pakistan government, we should not speculate on whether or not these films will release. Secondly, even if they want to blackout the film, yes we will definitely lose out on a crore or two in terms of revenue, but for them the losses will be huge. Like if you replace Bollywood films with Pakistani films in theatres, the business would not be the same it would definitely not be the optimum output generated."

So it seems like, Bollywood will have to wait for the official notification from Pakistan government if any such black out will be carried out this Eid.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

absala thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
mahirakhan9, good for you then. Doesn't make a difference to us. :)
Tereliye06 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You know who will be the real loss in this are the "fans". I don't know about revenues and losses when it comes to films but what I know for sure is that pakistani fans won't be able to watch their favorite stars films in pakistan but they will be able to if they live out of pakistan. So if you live in any foreign country and you are pakistani they'll be allowed so how is that even fair? If this is even true, the paki officials should think about it once more before making any final decision.
pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

#EmAar (Radd)

I don't watch movies nowadays b/c frankly no good script mostly many vulgar scenes!
So i don't care if these movies will release or not!
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: pickachu

I don't watch movies nowadays b/c frankly no good script mostly many vulgar scenes!

So i don't care if these movies will release or not!

🤣 I wud say the same.

And also if u see trailers of paki movies, i wud much rather watch those than bwood. Im not against bwood movies, but lately they r just waste of time. Also i feel paki movies have improved BOL, Khuda Ke Liye AMAZING movies.

I've seen trailers of CHambali and few other paki movies, i do not remember names of those, but man i actually wanted to watch those.
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I have Chanmbeli is good and I have seen the trailer of War it looks hard core.

Pakistani films should be given a chance, if those movies turn out to be people will watch them.
pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

#EmAar (Radd)

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

🤣 I wud say the same.

And also if u see trailers of paki movies, i wud much rather watch those than bwood. Im not against bwood movies, but lately they r just waste of time. Also i feel paki movies have improved BOL, Khuda Ke Liye AMAZING movies.

I've seen trailers of CHambali and few other paki movies, i do not remember names of those, but man i actually wanted to watch those.

Hi 5😆!
I'm also not against Bwood movies but nowadays i don't find any interesting movies most of them r waste of time...Yeah i also feel Pakistani movies r improving recently i have heard abt anjuman movie alot.
I will try to watch that movie even though i don't like female lead but i like imran abbass so will try watching that mvoie for him😳
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: pickachu

Hi 5😆!
I'm also not against Bwood movies but nowadays i don't find any interesting movies most of them r waste of time...Yeah i also feel Pakistani movies r improving recently i have heard abt anjuman movie alot.
I will try to watch that movie even though i don't like female lead but i like imran abbass so will try watching that mvoie for him😳

@bold EXACTLY

@ red well Anjuman was good(not a waste of time) but it's not like i wud watnt to watch it again. Im not a big fan of IA, but i liked Mona Liza/Sara Loren acting in tht movie.

sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
pka moves 1000 times better then India movies latest now ...!
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's a good move. Pakistan is churning out some excellent films at the moment, and the Pak film industry is still growing, to give it a bit of a push and get natives to notice this does need to be done. I'm not for censorship, but I think preferential treatment can be very beneficial to Pakistan's economy.

Waar, Kolachi, Mudhouse and the golden doll, Kaptaan, The Dusk; all these movies look so good, can't wait for them to be released.
Edited by Amara_B - 11 years ago