Desire to be part of Mahadev...Rupal Patel

mohitfanT thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Desire to be part of Mahadev: Rupal Patel

Desire to be part of Mahadev: Rupal Patel
Rupal Patel

Your husband is into mythological serials. Has it affected you spiritually?

Obviously it has made me somewhat more religious but then it has also brought about a lot of positivity in our household. Jab koi is tarah ka kirdaar nibhata hai to uske charo taraf ek positive aura aa jati hai aur RK (referring to her husband, Radhakrishna Dutta) ke ghar pe hone se kuch aisa hi effect hota hai.

You are TV's most loved saas and your husband is equally famous as an actor. Has that affected your marriage in any way?

In our marriage of 17 years, both RK and I have seen a lot of ups and downs together. We both are from National School of Drama (NSD) and the fact that we both are in same profession helped us understand each other well and give our inputs as and when required. However, ever since the satellite channel boomed, there is always a pressure on actors to keep churning out episodes day in and day out, especially when a particular show becomes famous. I've been doing Saath Nibhaana Saathiya for almost three years now and I'm glad the show has done well. RK bhi Devon Ke Dev Mahadev mein kaafi vyast rehte hai so it becomes somewhat difficult for us to spend some quality time together.

Don't you get bored playing the same role continuously for years, considering you are from NSD and started your career with Shyam Benegal?

It does become monotonous, but then again if it is footing your bills you don't really have a choice. Log bolte hain ki TV par serials dekhne se viewers ki personality par bahut farq padta hai but then ek hi kirdaar ko agar aap daily 12 ghante ki shift me nibhate rahoge to obviously uska kuchh asar actor ki apni personality pe bhi padega na? However, I'm lucky as my character, Kokilaben, and I share almost similar traits. Besides, the character grows over a period of time. So I don't get bored much.

Do you think NSD has lost its prominence, given that the only criteria for success now are good looks and a powerful surname?

Undoubtedly, glamour has taken over substance. It doesn't matter whether you have a formal training in acting or not. Of course it's a gamble the makers do to take an actor of unknown background in a serial. But if it pays off, the serial runs for years! But if you would take a look at other side, these actors have a short shelf-life and once the serial wraps up, they are back into the oblivion. Ye sab dekh ke thoda dukh zarur hota hai par TRP ka pressure sab kuchh kara deta hai.

What do you do to keep yourself creatively occupied?

I have started a theater group where I train kids in theater arts. We also perform plays, which I write and direct, regularly in the Mumbai theater circuit. Apart from that, I'm also active on social front, working for the under-privileged children.

Future plans...

Filhaal to main Kokilaben ka role karke hi khush hoon but I have an earnest desire to be a part of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. It's a beautiful show aur agar mujhe koi bhi role mil jayega toh main khushi khushi kar lungi.
Edited by sushitaindia - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Tfs... Mahadev is a great show. . Best of luck Rupal for ur future and congrats to u and the team on completing 800 episodes
delsi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
TFS so she is interested to so in devotee show nice 😊
basuanasuya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow..I didn't know rupalji husband in mahadev..now that a news for me..😊,,love you rupalji..you act superb but cvs made you little loud..otherwise you Rock...congrats to be a part of saathiya till 800 episodes..

Thanks for sharing,.
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I would love to see her in DKDM - I'm sure she would be totally awesome! ⭐️
ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: basuanasuya

Wow..I didn't know rupalji husband in mahadev..now that a news for me..😊,,love you rupalji..you act superb but cvs made you little loud..otherwise you Rock...congrats to be a part of saathiya till 800 episodes..

Thanks for sharing,.

Yes he is playing Brahma Dev. 😃
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So glad you are so down to earth.