..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
According to the 'proper definition of Bhashan, it's an oration, a discourse, declamation,address,spiel.

DABH episode today was quite wordy. Both Bhabo and Sandy were rattling off lines like there was no tomorrow. Like talking for 3 hours is going to solve their problem. But it brought out the impossibility of the situation. There is no neat human solution to the Emily dilemma. It's going to involve compromise on both sides. No matter how idealistic Sandy is, society isn't just going to disappear. Nor is it going to just sit back and applaud her lectures. So Bhabo has told her to try doing what she proposes.

CVs have certainly thrown Sandy in at the deep end. It's ambitious, this story line. But if it shows the limitations of Sandy, it would actually be more realistic and entertaining. A win win. We still don't know what Emily thinks or wants to do. So this skewed focus on the Rathis is really only half the story. If they want to tell this well, let them show Sandy realising that this is not a problem she should or can deal with. At least not all by herself. This is a show after all. So they can take the easy way out and make Emily disappear. Or they can have Sandy herself telling Emily that she doesn't think marriage to Mohit is going to be advisable at the moment. By making them all go to Maasa's, CVs are introducing the possibility of even more mayhem.

Can anyone guess where this will go?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
First, let me say that I was very disappointed that Bhabo picked up that chappal only to straighten it out. I mean come on...Mohit was well in reach. 😡
Next, I'm even more disappointed that Bhabo is back to her matka phodne wali shartein.
Third...you are right...the focus of today's episode was only showing the Rathi's point of view. They never once stopped to think what Emily or her family is thinking right now. Are they so naieve to believe that after the humiliation she and her family went through, Emily would now happily succumb to Bhabo's conditions or even want to have anything to do with Mohit and the Rathis? Maybe she just had the DNA test done to prove that she was right and to make sure her child receives the legal and financial rights he/she is entitled to.
Fourth, why doesn't Sandhya realize that the world is an imperfect place and operates on a totally different set of ideals than those taught in her textbooks.. She is very naieve and very simplistic in her thinking and has stuck her neck out in a situation that she should not have interfered in.
I'm terrible at predicting things, so I don't what the CVs have planned. And It may sound harsh...but I'm ready to side on the side of realism and see her fail this time around.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice post Anushaji. The objections raised by Bhabo in the context of the society is very valid. Her objections are more realistic. The traditional society is not even accepting of intercaste marriages, that is why in India we have Khap panchayats taking law into their hands and killing couples who dare to defy the established social norms. Here it is a more serious issue of inter religious marriage. Bhabo's fear of social boycott is very real. Even Chavvi's marriage can be endangered by this. No doubt Chavvi's in laws are progressive but there will be elders in Dalip's family who will raise objections. Sandhya being the heroine is being shown taking an idealistic stand. They may even show her succeeding with Maasa. However if the CVs are planning to impart a social message through this track than the way it is being played out it is unlikely to happen. Compelling Bhabo through Emily's pregnancy was a bad and uninspiring idea. You are sending a message that normally it is not possible but in extra ordinary circumstances with utmost reluctance we have to accept. It is an exception rather than a rule.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
..Anusha.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

First, let me say that I was very disappointed that Bhabo picked up that chappal only to straighten it out. I mean come on...Mohit was well in reach. 😡
Next, I'm even more disappointed that Bhabo is back to her matka phodne wali shartein.
Third...you are right...the focus of today's episode was only showing the Rathi's point of view. They never once stopped to think what Emily or her family is thinking right now. Are they so naieve to believe that after the humiliation she and her family went through, Emily would now happily succumb to Bhabo's conditions or even want to have anything to do with Mohit and the Rathis? Maybe she just had the DNA test done to prove that she was right and to make sure her child receives the legal and financial rights he/she is entitled to. Ya. I'm inclined to agree with you. Just getting him to acknowledge it legally is all that Emily needs to do.
Fourth, why doesn't Sandhya realize that the world is an imperfect place and operates on a totally different set of ideals than those taught in her textbooks.. She is very naieve and very simplistic in her thinking and has stuck her neck out in a situation that she should not have interfered in.

👏
I'm terrible at predicting things, so I don't what the CVs have planned. And It may sound harsh...but I'm ready to side on the side of realism and see her fail this time around.

hahaha me too! me too. I want Sandy to fail big time.

Word Count: 1

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: UMDU

However if the CVs are planning to impart a social message through this track than the way it is being played out it is unlikely to happen. Compelling Bhabo through Emily's pregnancy was a bad and uninspiring idea. You are sending a message that normally it is not possible but in extra ordinary circumstances with utmost reluctance we have to accept. It is an exception rather than a rule.

@ bold: I completely agree.
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Also ...has Sandy talked to Emily in private yet? No. So how can she be advocating marriage just like that??? She's behaving like the panchayat chairman sitting under the banyan tree and laying down the law.
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Now we know why they were rushing it. I guess maasa drama will be the high point. Are we to be put on the IPL rack to be tortured again? Time will tell. Sandy's college is closed until final exams - which she will clear by topping the State once again. No worries there. Suraj might as well stay behind. This mission will take all of Sandy's focus. There will be no rolling in the hay. The barn will be used to set up a nativity scene, which Sandy will use to educate the parivaar about the birth of Jesus and Christianity.

.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It was very intense episode n clearly shown clashes of two ideologies. However, I'll go with Bhabho. Whatever she said was true.

Here, We always taught to put our 'chappal' straight if it's twisted then chances are that we'll have fight with someone.

If we consider 'The Chappal' straighten by bhabho as a symbolic scene then most likely Sandy will lose this challenge. She'll unable to make understand Maasa n entire community. She'll bear public humiliation n Bhabho will come to rescue n support Sandhya.
Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Deebz, no rolling in the hay? That's a pity init? But I can let my imagination at least go where CVs may not. Just sitting on a haystack would be quite wild. I want Sandy to sit on one and cry her heart out that she has reached the end of her tether.

Ami, the chappal symbolism is just mind blowing. I'm serious. Bhabo is straightening out not just Sandy's shoe but Sandy herself. For this insight I give you a special jhappi and another jhappi for seeing the bright side inside the moral maze, complete with solved riddle. Mwaaah.

and btw... no offence to panchayats. They operate with sense when they are run well. But Sandy's Panchayat is convened any old way in a private house with only one side of the problem present. 'They Shall Marry' Yeah right.
LovePraja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Anusha ji, Fatima ji & Uma ji, u've tried 2 show d whole pic which is a realistic one, while d last episode was specially dedicated 2 Bhasan's bhashan. Emily is yet 2 decide whether she really wants 2 marry Mohit n be a part of RP. I think her decision will be d climax of dis track. She yet 2 be familiar with d Rathis.
Going 2 Maasa's village is just meant 2 make dis issue more dramatic. Last time Sandy was able 2 win over Maasa in d end. But dis time by persuading Maasa, she wud be simply pushing her limits.
I also wonder if CVs r really trying 2 impart any social msg. What if Emily refuses 2 marry Mohit. There is still time 4 her 2 decide. I think it is more likely. She's a normal girl, till now she was fighting 4 her rights. She'll go with SurYa 2 maasa's village; may be she'll understand SurYa n their depth of their relationship, their love nd care 4 each other nd will probably realise dat her relationship with Mohit was very shallow. ( I can't relate 2 Sandy anymore, I find Emily saner than Sandy )
Bhabo has some real concerns of social acceptability. Now all she wants is approval by maasa who's eldest of their family. Bhabo knows dat Sandy's right in supporting Momli marriage nd probably believes dat Sandy will be able 2 convince maasa better than her. Nd Sandy's failure 2 do so will be treated as her first mistake coz maasa's disapproval wud lead 2 Rathi family loosing respect in d community.
Nd Sandy failing dis time wud be more realistic as u say, but I don't want her 2 be humiliated, specially 4 other ppl's misconduct.

Edited by inFan80 - 11 years ago