shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Yesterday I put a post on Sooraj's character.Today I thought I will put a post on Sandhya's character 😊. So what is Sandhya. A girl who is full of life, carefree and passionate becoming an IPS officer. She is like any other middle class 19 year old whose world revolves around her home, college and friends. Her being the youngest in the family pampered a lot by her parents, brother and even her bhabhi. One fine day this happy life comes to an end abruptly. From a carefree girl she is orphaned as both her parents are dead, her brother in his greed to migrate to US want to shake the responsibility of his sister by marrying her off.
Confused, uncertain, angry and above all sad within 15 days of her parents death this girl is married and becomes the eldest daughter in law of the house. Why I stress the word eldest daughter in law is that in most cases elder son will be a mama's boy. Sooraj is no different. If the mother in law is like Bhabho who thinks of her DIL as her servant whose only duty is to give a vaarish for the family and should not expect anything more from her husband you can imagine the girl's plight.
Sandhya's plight doesnt end there. In addition to the burdens Bhabho places on her she learns that her husband is just school educated and her brother has lied even regarding her education.
She is in a dilemma and she doesnt accept the relationship because she cannot. I loved her ranting in the Suhaag Raat episode. The questions she asks Sooraj are the ones every girl wants to ask. Where is her identity. Why is she always responsible. Why everyone talks about the duties of the wife only and not that of husband. True arent Saat pheras taken together. Arent husband and wife both responsible for the success of the marriage. Those are direct questions to the society, 😊
Sandhya has a strong individuality which she refuses to part with. She has strong values and she sticks to it. She respect's Sooraj's nature though she is not in a position to accept him as husband. When she is being thrown out from the house also she doesnt beg, ask for mercy etc..She believes since a lie has been told she need to suffer the consequences.
But when Sooraj stops her from leaving and shares the blame she accepts Bhabho's challenge to safeguard his reputation and trust in her. She understands her husband's dilemma. His going out of the way to support her which is hampering his relationship with his mother. Hence she wants to win Bhabo's confidence for his sake.
Her respect for her husband grows when he takes pain to take her to college so that she could collect the trophy against his mother's wishes. But she is also very frank in admitting that she cannot perform her wifely duties to him and she does not want to give any false hope to him. This part of her is very strong that even when SV2 persona questions her on the relationship status she doesnt change suddenly to remain married. She remains her own self and tries to understand the situation.
She wants the marriage to work but not at the cost of her self respect. That's why when Sooraj throws her out she doesnt question him, nor ask anyone else to support her. She is sad because by that time it is clear that she has started loving Sooraj though she has not realized it. Irrespective of how shattered she was feeling , she doesnt feel it worth enough to have a relationship where trust has been broken. The scene after the accident is worth mentioning here. When Sooraj finds her and calls Sandhyaji she turns around. Seeing him she is both sad and happy but she doesnt take a single step forward. She just stands there. Sooraj has broken the relationship and in that scenario she was not willing to go back to him even in that scary situation. That is her will power. It is Sooraj who moves towards, make the confessions and she expresses her feeling only after the complete confession has come out from him.
Another thing about Sandhya's character is that she understands her husband's flaw very well.That is his fear of his mother. She knows that her husband loves her, likes to help her but stands dumbfounded in front of his mother. One of the biggest thing is that she has accepted this flaw. We dont see Sandhya blaming her husband even once for not supporting her in front of bhabho. This is one of the key reasons Sooraj respects her and loves her. That is why she is concerned about night college. Though she knows that Sooraj wants to help her , if the matter comes out his relationship with his mother will suffer. Sandhya knows very well that Sooraj will not be able to handle it.
Sandhya suffers many times in front of Bhabho for Sooraj's sake. She knows that in his own way he is trying to help as much as he could. She is genuinely making an effort to be in the good books of Bhabo not for her sake, but to ensure Sooraj's happiness. This earnestness on her part is what that drives Sooraj to trust her judgements and support her in her views.
Last but not least Sandhya communicates to Sooraj in a open fashion. She doesnt hide anything from him. Whether it is her suspicions, her thoughts she lets him know. Because she believes that only by having an open conversation with your partner you can stabilize your relationship .
Pour in your thoughts

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

slodkagila thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have to disagree to this point that Sandy bears all the things posed to her by bhabho just for the sake of suraj. Its not true. Even in the initial stages she respected her as a mother. She looks at bhabho as her own mother not as MIL.😊
Remember the scene when she hugged bhabho for the first time ( June 15 episode). That was the most happiest moment in her life till then. She even said it to suraj. After the death of her parents she yearned for motherly affection & she wanted it from bhabho.
On sep 3 episode after that pull pocha scene she told suraj that she knows that in every taunt of bhabho there is motherly affection hidden in it.
😊
And also nobody can deny this that suraj respects sandy for the reason that she treats bhabho as her own mother.
Kahin na kahin bhabho also trust sandy much more than others like meena, vikram, mohit, chavi even though she makes her responsible for every mishap.

So pl don't berate sandy's character by saying that whatever she does to bhabho is only to make suraj happy. She treats her as her real mother.

Your post was nice. I would say you are a character analyst. Do it for other characters also.👏👏
Edited by shbhn3 - 11 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@shbhn3. Thanks for pointing out the error in my analysis. As I said I started watching this show only last nov. All my analysis is based whatever I have seen from then till now. Previous things I know is from episode written updates I got from some forums. I have watched you can say hardly 30-40 key episodes based on written updates. Hence errors can come in my analysis.
Yaa I love to analyze characters but unfortunately not everyone 😊. If I have to write a good character analysis either I have to like some character very strongly or hate the character very strongly. As far DABH is concerned I have concentrated only on Sooraj and Sandhya 😊
AsTru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very well post
Sandy character is Awesame ⭐️
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice analysis of Sandhya's character. Suraj, Sandhya and Bhabho share an unique bonding. Bhabho wants SurYa to be happy and challenges them with various tests. SurYa want Bhabho to be happy and accept all her rantings and tests smilingly.
walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I wish to thank the writer of this post for taking this matter seriously. It is a nice feeling to be with like minded people. Serials are treated as entertainment, and of course many entertain us, especially when we can laugh and cry. But when they are trying to incite the base instincts, we recoil in revulsion. This serial is different, as it has consistently upheld the character continuity and not resorted to twists and gimmicks. You have shown beautifully, the consistency of the character of Sandhya and the others, and thus we feel at home with the Rathi family, as if they are well known to us. It also raises expectations when a new situation arises, and we start thinking how the various characters will approach the situation. Credit has to be given to the writer of the story, who scripts the dialogs and scenes. It is his ability and the director's work, that give us what we see. We hardly tend to notice that there are others involved in bringing this serial to our attention. Let us not forget those who are behind the cameras, and on the sets, who make this serial what it is. I wish better days for the Indian Television industry, where merit will be rewarded and not manipulation.
Edited by walquest2000 - 11 years ago
shehjar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow u have analysised Sandhayas character so well ..
her pain her hurt everything ..great going 👏
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Excellent post and superb character analysis. My only complaint against CVs is to make the character a bit more realistic. In the sense show her losing sometimes. It becomes more believable. Give atleast 30% screen space to Suraj as well and show them together fighting battles put the limelight on Suraj as well giving him a few dialogues to speak. I know it will not happen but Anas is such an excellent actor and has the potential to be forceful. Well no harm wishing...Once again accept my compliments over a nicely written piece.