Agitation over bhabho's behaviour - Pour in

slodkagila thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Please do comment:
Why should bhabho challenge sandy everytime for mistakes done by others? so disgusting right!😑😑😑

The first challenge posed by bhabho was to prove that the swamiji is fake😑.
The second one is convince all the family members for Momily's marriage. This one sounds more irritating.😑😑😑

Well before explaining why this has been done i would like to make it clear that challenges will only be given to those who are capable of facing it & come with flying colours. πŸ˜‰ not to a person like meenudiπŸ˜•

Before attacking the character of bhabho one should think about the following things:
1. Bhabho does not follow her own set of rules but she follows what her predecessors have followed. Bhabho is not the only person in this country who follows the rituals blindly.
2. For a person like bhabho accepting a swamiji to be fake is like huge. Even the so called well educated Malathi mam believed that swamiji then why not bhabho?
3. The second biggest thing happened is mohit's shit thing. liar to the core. How many of you think that in India intercaste marriages would be allowed so easily. Challenging Soorya in this matter is a big mistake???? When bhabho slapped mohit for his ill doings bhabho is correct. The promo clearly shows that bhabho is teary eyed while giving the challenge to soorya. She even said soch le beendni. IT clearly states that she has given chance to soorya to think about their decision.
I would say bhabho is totally thrashed & is in fear that they will be forbidden by their community if they accept emily. (This is common in rural india even now). I think bhabho will ask mohit to get out of RM ( Which is widely done in such situatuins throughout India) that is why soorya comes in and says that accepting emily in RM would be the ideal decision in this case. Once again Sandy/soorya thinking way beyond those of bhabho and her community. It is obvious that the burden will be on your shoulders to prove if you suggest something new. (Even the scientists should prove their findings before the whole world right)

Regarding the matka challenge
Remember one episode where bhabho was talking to self when sooraj asked permission for sandy's higher studies. Bhabho was is kitchen telling that she knows that sandy will definitely achieve if she becomes a police officer but what about sooraj's life. The only question is will she be able to perform all her wifely duties? Till now she hasn't!!!! So bhabho's fear that if sandy allowed to pursue her dream sooraj will not be able to lead a normal life is still on.
What else would a mother want rather than a peaceful life for her son?
Still she gave chance to sandy to prove herself
She didn't pose any challenge with regard to her weakness like cooking, etc which every other normal beendni does it with ease but not our sandy.
She did pose challenge which very well sandy can do.

Do watch the below link where bhabho speaks to herself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN7XdL6V63g

Also watch Oct 30 episode those last five mins where in she pours in her feelings that she can't tolerate that her son doesn't get a normal life to lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBWFZcF-Q2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNuHOBjdNY

Bhabho has realised way long back that sandy is a perfect police material but she wants her to be to perfect wife too. whats wrong in this mahajan?

I think i have made enough points to make everyone understand the feelings of bhabho.

IF sandy(soorya) wants to be unique & achieve (like scientists) she has prove against all the odds.

I love bhabho😊😊. I love the fact that sandy(soorya) also respect those feelings of bhabho. but till now they have not understood that they can manage both normal relationship & pursue their dream at the same time.πŸ˜•
Edited by shbhn3 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very nice post. Let me give you my take on it.

1.No doubt Bhabo is set in her ways and traditional minded. She is a character required in the show to show what is wrong in the system and what has to be fought against.

2.However to say Bhabo only practices what has been taught to her by her elders is wrong. She twists and turns it to suit her requirements.

3.The classic example of that being, Maasa expects Bhabo to respect her husband. She does that before Maasa, but in Pushkar there is a total turn and she takes over the reins sidelining her husband. 

4.She broke away from the main family in village to setup a nuclear household in Pushkar. Would she give the same freedom to her children to break away ?

5.When Sandhya helped Maasa to stop the marriage function from breaking Maasa, acknowledged Sandhya's contribution and agreed to her ghoonghat clause.. In the Rathi parivar ever since Sandhya has entered she has done a lot for the family. However instead of appreciating that Bhabo introduced a negative clause of three matkas.

6.I agree Bhabo is from her side not wrong in opposing an inter religious marriage as she is not only fearful of social boycott but also that her daughters marriage may be endangered. No matter how progressive Dalip's parents may be marrying in another religion is considered a big No and the older members in Dalip's family may object, may also be a fear in Bhabo's mind. There we cannot blame her. However a person who claims to know her children well and is so proud of her upbringing is living in a fool's paradise if she believes her son is innocent. Unlike Bhabasa who acknowledges Mohit may be lying based on his past adventures, Bhabo has been in denial mode. That to my mind is wrong. Her sense of fairness gets questioned.

7.No doubt Bhabo is uncomfortable about Sandhya studying. Her reasons are strong and cannot be disputed. Her love for her son compels her to take the stand. That is undisputed. However if she imposes the three matkas clause to make Sandhya fail which she believes she will and threatens to break a matka over any RP problem, the sense of fairness would demand that she removes one matka when Sandhya passes the test. That has not happened.

8.I have taken out atleast 5 to 6 threads earlier supporting Bhabo. However Bhabo does have flaws in her character. One cannot deny she is egoistic and holds the reins of RP a little too firmly and her dictatorial ways compel people to lie to her as she is unwilling to accept anything other than what she has decided.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
slodkagila thumbnail
At umdu ji
3.The classic example of that being, Maasa expects Bhabo to respect her husband. She does that before Maasa, but in Pushkar there is a total turn and she takes over the reins sidelining her husband. 
I would say she has changed only when babasa became unfit for running the household. even at times babasa is childish. my ques is why didn't he take back the store from sooraj once he got well in the past?
4.She broke away from the main family in village to setup a nuclear household in Pushkar. Would she give the same freedom to her children to break away ?
I think maasa is not her own MIL. No clear indications that bhabho is the reason for nuclear family as bhabho still remembers the shradh of in laws while even babasa doesn't

5.When Sandhya helped Maasa to stop the marriage function from breaking Maasa, acknowledged Sandhya's contribution and agreed to her ghoonghat clause.. In the Rathi parivar ever since Sandhya has entered she has done a lot for the family. However instead of appreciating that Bhabo introduced a negative clause of three matkas.
MAy be

6 Unlike Bhabasa who acknowledges Mohit may be lying based on his past adventures, Bhabo has been in denial mode. That to my mind is wrong. Her sense of fairness gets questioned.
What else a mother's mind would think? but she slapped as per the spoilers.

7. However if she imposes the three matkas clause to make Sandhya fail which she believes she will and threatens to break a matka over any RP problem, the sense of fairness would demand that she removes one matka when Sandhya passes the test. That has not happened.
Not to forget bhabho got the day college admission.

8.I have taken out atleast 5 to 6 threads earlier supporting Bhabo. However Bhabo does have flaws in her character. One cannot deny she is egoistic and holds the reins of RP a little too firmly and her dictatorial ways compel people to lie to her as she is unwilling to accept anything other than what she has decided.
YEs every character will have some flaw. Even soorya has. The only flaw in bahbho's character i see is that she handles everything in a rude manner.
Thanks for commenting.

[/QUOTE]
pjarpi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i Completely agree with you. I can understand that Bhabho is lot different person then people of this generations are, but as i had repeatedly told , she does not do anything which is cunning or scheming. She is like a coconut...hard from outside...she may have a different belief system...morover she has been MAN of house till her kids took over...but being a self made person she has that beleif that her thinking is correct...but she is not bad person at all...she may not want to harm anyone...inspite of all odds she still oves meenudi as much she loves chavvi...
great post
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=shbhn3]
I would say she has changed only when babasa became unfit for running the household. even at times babasa is childish. my ques is why didn't he take back the store from sooraj once he got well in the past?
I am not saying Bhabasa is faultless. What I said was she does not follow traditional rules ceremoniously as you have said. She does alter it to situations. Suraj sacrificed everything to bring up the family. Did she give him any respect even calling him a mere halwai in one episode. Going by your argument that no earning is no respect than all the earning is done by Suraj. Why his wishes or desires are never considered and he is insulted before his own siblings.
I think maasa is not her own MIL. No clear indications that bhabho is the reason for nuclear family as bhabho still remembers the shradh of in laws while even babasa doesn't
Maasa may or may not be the MIL but it is her wishes according to the spoilers Sandhya has been asked to ascertain. So technically she is the head of the family. Bhabo does live only with her children and husband. There are no elders there. She would not allow her children to do the same.
What else a mother's mind would think? but she slapped as per the spoilers.
Slapping happens later.Before that is denial knowing fully well Mohit's past record of lying which the father is willing to acknowledge. Is his love for his son less?
Not to forget bhabho got the day college admission. 
Admission comes with a damocles sword hanging over her head with three matkas clause. 
YEs every character will have some flaw. Even soorya has. The only flaw in bahbho's character i see is that she handles everything in a rude manner.
Every character does have a flaw. Nobody is in denial. Bhabo has to take a share of the blame a well. I am not for a second saying she is a monster. She has been fair in many instances. However her dictatorial ways compel the family members to lie and the children confide more in their father than her. She has never been a friend to them.

With due respect we have to agree to disagree on these points. No offense intended.

Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Bhabo is Bhabo. She's always going to be a bit difficult to live with. But I don't blame her for any of this current mess. She may rant and rave at the start, but Sandy just waits for her to cool down and does what needs doing. 

The family planning part ... SurYa have no clue. And nothing anyone can do about that. Not eveb Bhabo. 
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice discussion.

Watched the promo link.  Bhabho is in tears and is hesitant at Sandhya's solution of getting Momli married.  Her fear regarding their community and society is also right as her challenge whether Sandhya would convince Maasa BUT her considering this as a mistake if not succeeded is totally upsetting me.

I agree this is because just Sandhya is insisting on Momli marriage and none others but why are the other Rathis including Bhabho not finding out any solution.  It would be okay if they have discussed everything and Sandhya's attempt is the last one.
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What's Sandy's fault in this!
Awaaz uthao against the wrong and you are gone!
I don't mind Bhabo asking SurYa to get Masa's permission but that matka/mistake being mentioned even in this situation! Hadh hain!
It just doesn't go with the situation! How come Bhabo is composed n sane enough to even remember the 3 mistakes challenge!
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
So what is normal life. Can somebody define it.  What may be normal to one person may not be normal to another person. Another question what is peaceful life. By Bhabho's theory Vikram and Meena should have a peaceful life. Have we ever seen Meena peaceful.
Now coming to Sooraj Sandhya. If I remember right when Sandhya was going to be thrown out of house Sooraj stopped her.

Then later Sandhya very openly tells him she cannot perform all the wifely duties and she doesnt want to keep him in any false hope that she might change. She also tells him he can take the decision and she will accept it unconditionally. But Sooraj decides to stick with Sandhya.

Now I dont know whether you have noticed after Sooraj throws her out and the accident happens, Sooraj comes in search of her. Even in that scene though she is happy and sad seeing him, she doesnt take a step towards him and rather he moves towards her. As far as she was concerned Sooraj had ended their relationship. Even to maintain the relationship Sandhya didnt lose her individuality and surrender herself to Sooraj.
Again it is Sooraj's decision to maintain celibacy not hers. She had given up her dream. If we see the Aug29th episode I really felt Sandhya was willing to take their relationship to next level. But again Sooraj brought back the dream to her. Sandhya's dream is not just a dream, it is a passion a bigger passion than her love life.
By bringing it back in her life Sooraj definetly knew what he was doing. He knew very well that for their marriage to be successful it was very important for Sandhya to achieve her dream.
Sandhya will be his only even if she becomes an IPS officer. He has that much confidence in her and their love and understanding for each other.
So Bhabho misses one most important thing. Happiness in her son's eyes when he is with Sandhya. Does she think it is faked or we as viewers feel it as fake. She needs to understand that her son's happiness is in Sandhya's happiness.
Many people have told Sooraj stands mute when Bhabho shouts at Sandhya. But have we looked into his eyes , the pain he feels, he wants his mother to accept his wife the way she is. If Bhabho is able to do that her son will be at peace. She needs to understand that by inflicting wounds on Sandhya she is hurting her own son
What makes a couple happy is for them to decide and as far as I am concerned no one including your own parents have any say in it.

slodkagila thumbnail
Never expected that everyone would react so nicely to this post. Its a matter of two different POV one the old generation way & the other new generation way. Both are respectable. Thank you for posting your views😊