SS: About that Night part 2 pg 2 note pg 5

katrina_petrova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
About That Night
Part 1
Prom night 2005

We fought again. I hate fighting with her but it's just that we can't help but argue about everything we never agree on anything but still love each other like crazy at least I do she swore 10 minutes ago that she hated me. She is looking so beautiful tonight that my stomach turns every time I see her, I feel my chest tightens and my breath hitches. She is wearing a white saree and she takes my breath away even when she is giving me those murderous glares. I chuckle when I realize her reason, it's because a girl is standing too close to me. It's amusing actually when she gets territorial about me and I'm sure if I don't put my distance now from this girl Madhu will come and kick both our asses. So I walk towards her and she gives a smug smile. I know I should apologize to her because I had a little too much drink before we came here and that was the reason we fought. But this time of the year I can't help but give in to temptation I like to feel numb because somehow it just leaves me so dazed that I hardly feel the pain. 1 year ago a week from now my parents died in a car wreck. I was in a bad state though my parents were financially stable and left me a lot I still joined part time jobs to save money for college. When I not in school or working I was drinking I even started drugs but it never took the pain away. Especially when the next day I used to wake up with a splitting headache and the emptiness inside my chest it felt awful. I even contemplated suicide but then I looked at my parent's photos and realized they had not been provided with the choice of living or dying it was taken away from them. Had they been given such a chance they would have chosen life. So I decided not to be a coward and go on with my life but my addiction stayed. I was back to getting good grades and getting my life back on track when a new transfer student joined our class. One look at her and I knew I was gone with jet black hair a small face porcelain skin and warm honeyed eyes this girl took my breath away. Then I found out she was my neighbor. After my parents death this was the first time I even wanted to see anyone or talk to anyone. But I just couldn't do it. So one day I was walking to school since I sold my bike to save money, a car zooms past me and then stops and comes back. She only said two words but I knew they were life altering "Hop in". Since that day we have been together she is my anchor of life she keeps me grounded I don't drink to numb the pain anymore but now it has become more of a habit. But 1 week from now it will be 1 year without my parents. My biggest fear is that in the future I'll forget them they'll be wiped from my memory I'll forget how my mother used to hum while cooking I'll forget how my father scolded me but most of all I'll forget the love that was between us. That is why I drank a little too much tonight because when I think of Madhu I feel as if she will be taken from me too.
"Rishab now stop staring at Dips and start dancing with me otherwise I'll make a hole in your eyes with my heels" Madhu teases.
"Gladly my dear whatever you want to do with this lowly servant of yours" I say with an exaggerated bow. She laughs and it sends down a shiver down my spine. It never stops amazing me how much I want her.
"But know this my love that my eyes seek only you and no other they can only look at you" I said honestly. She blushes and ducks her head.
"Want to dance?" I asked. She nodded and took my hand.
"I'm sorry Madhu. I shouldn't have drunk so much" I say sincerely.
"I'm sorry too for shouting at you" she says. I drop a soft kiss to her forehead and she turns red as a tomato. She doesn't like public showing of affections but when we are alone she is so not shy.
At the end of the party we ride along in her car to our neighborhood. She is driving as usual I still can't bring myself to driving. This is another one of our fighting reasons her reckless driving though she tamed down a bit after she understood the root of my fears.
"Rishab our school life is ending have you thought of anything? I mean I know its hard to decide with everything that's going on but still you should decide." She said
"I know actually I was thinking about b.com in accounts you know I'm always good with figures and maybe then a MBA in finance" I replied
"Oh that's a great idea wow well you know what I plan to become a doctor and help all those unprivileged people" she says enthusiastically.
"Rishab I know this is not the time to ask but what is going to happen to us now that we are going to different paths?" she asks tentatively.
"What is going to happen? Nothing I'll love you till my last breath. I think I'll love even after my last breath" I said.
"I know but how are we supposed to maintain our relationship?" she asked.
"Don't worry we'll figure something out" I reassured.
"But know this I'll love you forever and ever Madhu" I promised.

Eight years later: Present day

And in these past 8 eight years I never stopped loving her even though we are not together anymore.
The day has finally arrived for which I've waited a long time. I'm excited and terrified at the same time.
I tie the knot of my blue tie and check my reflection one more time in the mirror.
I'm ready to see her again, eight years has passed since I stepped a foot in my school. But after so many years I'm going back for the school reunion for the batch of '05.
Edited by katrina_petrova - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I changed it to a short story rather than an one shot...

INDEX

part 1 - pg 1

part 2 - pg 2

note - pg 5

PM list

-Nuts-, cuterishabhala, drashmeet12, tinkerred10, piya40, PristineSoul, Shree.123, srija273, madhubalaa12, shanaya123, s-o-m-m-i-e, punam2712,  zina.92, pooja1210, arunsunita_gm 

nybody who wants to be added in the PM list like this post

-Nuts- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Eager to read what happens next. Good one! ðŸ˜Š
drashmeet12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Intrstng !!
update next soon
tinkerred10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
that was awesome..waiting for the next part
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I like it.. Why were they away from each other for so many years?
ColdEnchantress thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome OS.. Loved it!!
Eager to read what happens next! Please update soon and pm me when you update! :)
s-o-m-m-i-e thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice start
plz do continue...

About That Night
Part 2
The Past
It's been 8 years since I've been here. Dehradun hasn't changed a bit it's the same place. I'm standing in front of my house which I sold when I went to college. The place looks the same except for my mom standing on the porch waiting for me to return from school or my father tending to the garden. I sold the place to the Dixits their son was my classmate although we were never close friends we played for the school cricket team together. Mukund was a good friend of Madhu though so we used to hang out together sometimes.
I ring the doorbell of my house or Mukund's but it still feels like mine. The door opens to reveal a small girl of about 4. She looks at me expectantly, and then says "who are you?"
Okay this was not something I expected I was in contact with Mukund but he never said anything about getting married let alone a child.
"Um is Mukund home?" I asked.
"Papa someone's here for you" she shouts in such a loud voice that I cringe. This was something I never dealt with since I was a single child and never around children I was always confused about what to do with them, they looked so small and sweet but they were absolute hell raiser at least that is what I heard from my colleagues.
"Who is it?" someone shouted from inside.
"Who are you?" she asks me.
"Mukund its Rishab" I shout.
"Come on in" he replies in a shout.
I go inside with the girl and I ask her, her name.
"Manvarnika but people call me ika" she replies.
Mukund comes in the living room and smiles at me. We talk for a minute catching up with each other.
"Darling come on how long will you take?" he shouts. I was quite curious to know who his wife was because when I asked he had said "you'll see"
But I was not prepared to see Deepali, I looked at the two in confusion they used to hate each other's guts in school.
"Yeah I know long story short we coincidentally went to the same college and since we were at least familiar with each other we started hanging out then started dating somehow, then I knocked her up so we got married but I'm glad you know I couldn't have found a better girl in my life" Mukund says looking adoringly at his wife.
"Rishab I'm glad to see you, how are you?" Dips asked.
"I'm fine but um I wanted to ask about Madhu, she is coming right?" I asked.
"Yeah actually she was going to the party with us in our car but then she said she was going with Sultan" Mukung replied.
"Sultan?" I asked bewildered they barely knew each other in school.
"Yeah they did their medical internship at the same place apparently they became friends after that" Mukund said.
I was a little angry and terrified not that I have any say in Madhu's life as to who she makes friend with or who she doesn't but still I was angry.
We went towards the school and dropped ika to her grandmother's place.
"I know it's not right to ask but what happened between you two? I mean I'm seeing you after 8 years but I met Madhu quite a few times in the past, she doesn't look the same you know, her zeal for life, it's lost somewhere" Dips says in a resigned tone.
I was a sad to hear that I couldn't imagine her without her perpetual smile or her mischievous eyes, what had I done?
"It's just that I screwed up pretty bad I wrecked both our lives" I said upset.
"Yeah but what happened?" Dips persisted
"Rishab no need to answer that she is very nosy and you wife dearest don't pester him" Mukund said.
I had no intention of telling her but I remember what I did, we were in college it had been two months since we joined I planned to visit Mudhu in October she was in delhi while I was in Kolkata we kept contact and were still mad about each other I visited her twice before. So we made plans of what to do in the holidays. The thing was that even though we were dating but it was not the same she was very busy with studies and when we talked on the phone it was fine but when we didn't I felt sad and hollow. I started drinking again I was a little out of control and sometimes I even did drugs but I never told Madhu my problem in the aftermath of our finals in school she had helped me a lot and I had recovered a lot from my addiction but it was coming back in college. I didn't want to admit that I was weak and susceptible to addiction so I kept it a secret from her. I was getting bad grades and I used to fight a lot with guys for no reason at all. In short I was screwed up big time. I was in Kanpur for sometime before Madhu's college holidays she stayed there with me too for a weekend but went back on monday so I decided to drive to delhi. I was frustrated and couldn't handle another moment without seeing her I was bruised up from a fight so the doctor had given me some pills but I took a few more than recommended. So I was fairly high and I had one too many bottles of booze. When I reached her flat which she shared with Trishna her friend it was almost midnight, I knocked on the door and Trishna opened it she let me in. She told me that Madhu was not home she went to some friend's home to complete a project I was exhausted so I planned to crash in Madhu's room and go searching for her in the morning, I was going there when Trishna held my hand and stopped me, I turned and on closer inspection it looked like she had been drinking too and she looked very sad for some reason.
"What happened?" I asked. The next thing I know she was kissing me and I was thinking about the week I had spent with Madhu in Kanpur the things we had done, but then some still sane part in me told me that it was Trishna not Madhu. I tried to push her away but I was so tierd and exhausted.
The next thing I remember was the stricken look on Madhu's face when she entered her room. Trishna stood up from the bed in her disheveled clothes and wayward hair. She looked at Madhu guiltily and went out of the room.
"How could you? Rishab how could you?" She sobbed I went to her to soothe her, I was very confused and hungover I couldn't remember a thing from last night. Suddenly Madhu held up her hand and said "Stay away from me."
Then she stopped crying and looked at me with hurt and angry eyes and said "get out of here and my life Rishab"
I wanted to beat myself to death for causing such pain to Madhu but right then I knew I had to give her time and I decided to salvage the situation later. But that was a big mistake because when I came back the next day I found she left that place and she left medical school even, at that point I understood what I had done the amount of pain that I have caused her that she left her dreams behind. If I knew this I would have told her that she never had to see my face again, she'll not have to face ever again. At least she could have gone on with her life.
After that I was like a living dead I was so lost that I hardly had any wishes left to live, but I lived in the hope that someday I'll see her again at least from afar. But I left drinking after that night it was hard to be lucid all the time feel the pain but I did it anyway because I knew that I deserved it. Two years later I somehow passed b.com. but by then I was a lot better and I did MBA with a lot better grades and around that time I met Mukund he was on some business trip and I was working for TCS we talked for hours and in that conversation I got to know that Madhu was in Bangalore she had finished her studies and was doing her internship, I was happy to hear that but I was not yet ready to meet her I felt as if was not worthy yet. So I stayed away.
2 years later I still feel that I'm not worthy yet but I know that the love that was there between us could not die so I had to convince her to come back to me. I know it will take a lot of effort and I still didn't know how she will react when she sees me but I know that somehow I'll get her back and prove my love.
The car stopped in front of the school and I held my breath, this place contained so many memories of me and Madhu that it was hard to breathe it was as if I lived all those moments again, I wondered if she felt the same way when she looked at the school.
We entered the auditorium and my eyes were drawn to her like a magnet, I was lost in her beauty, she looked like an angel tonight, her looks have matured she was not rail thin like she used to be she had filled out and there was a glow in her skin but there was something sad lurking in her eyes and that was what upset me the most that sadness, that I had once promised never will be there, was caused by me. Suddenly she started laughing at something and I forced my eyes towards the man who made her laugh. It was Sultan.  

READ THE NOTE ON PG 5
-Nuts- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Yay!! Me first!!!!!! 

What! RK and Trishna? Nooo ðŸ˜­ I dunno what to say. It's gonna take long before Rishbala reunite I guess. Great reading! ðŸ˜Š
Edited by -Nuts- - 11 years ago