Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi,

I am a new member in this forum. This is the first time I am posting. I have started watching the show only from last Nov , hence if there is any mistake in my analysis please forgive me.
This is the show I have been watching after almost a gap of say 7-8 years and I am currently enjoying it. Show has it share of bloopers but I am not discussing them here
This is my understanding of the lead characters Sandhya and Sooraj. Sandhya is a 19 yr old who was orphaned and a marriage was forced on her. She lost the security of her parents and as any 19 yr old she is confused and not in a position to decide what is right or wrong for her. Her first and foremost need is to feel secure, to experience trust she has experienced with her parents. In her husband Sooraj she is finding that security. She loves him but what I felt was she considers him something like a friend( not exactly with platonic feelings) but definetly her mind has not reached a maturity which wants to go all the way. Her dream and her inability to achieve the same weighs on her conscious and this also hinders her relationship with her husband. What I feel is that if Sooraj wants to claim his conjugal rights Sandhya will tolerate him. She will not say no to the husband wife relationship but she will not completely enjoy it either.

Sooraj perfectly understands her dilemma and he doesnt want her to tolerate him. He wants their union to be with mutual acceptance when both of them are ready. I am treating their romance as courtship after marriage till Sandhya becomes IPS. Many people delay marriage to achieve their goals. Since Sandhya's and Sooraj's love story started after marriage they do not have other options.
Also what I feel is that CVs want to show how each and every action of Bhabo against Sandhya is coming as a public humilation for the RP.
Sandhya was accused of theft , called a liar when she was none. Bhabho in front of family members accused her. The pain Sandhya felt on wrong accusation. Through Fake Baba episode not only Bhabho entire family was wrongly accused and Sandhya had to come for the family's rescue.
Again Bhabho has publicly humiliated Sandhya on her relationship status with Sooraj. A intimate thing which should be discussed only with husband -wife was brought into the full family members view because of Bhabho.
Now Mohit's pre-marital relationship is going to shame entire RP and maybe again Sandhya will have to come to salvage the pride of the family.
It tells us not to humilate anyone. We dont know how it will come back to us.
Apologies for the long post.
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@shruthiravi: Your views especially of the tracks with Bhabho at the receiving end, i.e., being wrongly blamed of theft and MomLi issue out in public is nice to read.
ladyterp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Umaji, nice post. I've become a silent participant here. Not watching the show anymore but just reading the daily updates to know what is happening. Good points about Brandon and Bhabo eating his food. I will watch the show again when Bhabho's theatrics unwind and Sooraj develops a spine. Until then, Sandhya can solve all the problems she wants to but I am not interested. I want a strong male protagonist.
walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Hi,

I am a new member in this forum. This is the first time I am posting. I have started watching the show only from last Nov , hence if there is any mistake in my analysis please forgive me.
This is the show I have been watching after almost a gap of say 7-8 years and I am currently enjoying it. Show has it share of bloopers but I am not discussing them here

Now Mohit's pre-marital relationship is going to shame entire RP and maybe again Sandhya will have to come to salvage the pride of the family.
It tells us not to humilate anyone. We dont know how it will come back to us.
Apologies for the long post.

Welcome to the Forum. It is refreshing to read what you have written. I rhink, of all the serials, this is the most sensible one. The others try to fill in the time, with slide show and effects and music. The content is nil. In any case, they will soon lose their appeal. I find ETV Marathi, very refreshing, as their workmanship, dialogs, sequence of shots and camera work and acting as a whole are much superior to the Hindi Television. I can not say why, as both are produced in Mumbai.
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ shrutiravi Welcome to the forum. You have given a nice synopsis of the story so far. However that is not the main theme of the story. The theme is specific to Sandhya's struggle to become an IPS officer. While to introduce drama element they can show her solving RP problems from time to time they must show her keeping up her preparation on the academic front. Permanently being on vacation mode with no talk of studies and preparing for one of the toughest exams in the country is highly unrealistic. I am not saying show Sandhya studying all the time. I am saying just give hints of that to keep in touch with the main theme. Regarding their love story what I am asking for is consistency.Not blowing hot and cold. In Singapore they were shown having a Bollywood style romance. Once they reached the Indian shores Sandhya started cringing at the very touch of her husband. Either you don't show filmy romance and allow the subtle love story to continue or you go all the way. Same is the case with Bhabo not drinking water in Emily's place but appreciating Brandon's cooking in her kitchen. Any way thank you so much for your inputs.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
UMDU thumbnail
@ ladyterp Thank you so much for reading and commenting. It frustrates me to see them reduce the serial to RP problems.
UMDU thumbnail
@ walquest2000 Thank you for your inputs. I have to disagree on one point with you regarding the educated not wanting to see such serials. The forum is an English language forum and most people here are educated and are still watching the show. In fact it is the NO.1 show in UK as well. I can understand the need for Indians living abroad to keep in touch with their roots and their appreciating serials based on traditional societies, their behavior, their dressing, the celebration of festivals etc, the serial seems to have enough popularity in India as well. I know TRPS are not the yardstick for measuring the popularity of a show as they do not reflect the total viewership but are only sample surveys nevertheless, it is this TRPS which eventually allows a show to stay or be axed. Why it happens I cannot say but saas bahu serials are watched across the board by young and old, educated and the uneducated ones. Maybe we watch this serial with the hope to see the change happen and may be they watch it to see Bhabo triumph, I cannot say but the viewership is definitely heterogeneous. Thank you once again for taking time and reading a critical post and giving me your feedback.
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i do not watch the show, but i personally feel the plot these days are 😕... wer is the struggle of becoming an IPS officer... what ever it is TRP is deciding the fate of the show n its proven even with this show..
neway 👏 for DABH for getting high TRP for a long time... good job... to entire cast n crews...😳
hunnybunch thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I'm new here, but you have pointed out everything in my heart. I too have a feeling that CVs move from one track to another without completing the previous track. There are lot of bloopers as well. But thinking that this is a soap where TRP only matters, I am always quiet
walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: UMDU

@ walquest2000 Thank you for your inputs. I have to disagree on one point with you regarding the educated not wanting to see such serials. The forum is an English language forum and most people here are educated and are still watching the show. In fact it is the NO.1 show in UK as well. I can understand the need for Indians living abroad to keep in touch with their roots and their appreciating serials based on traditional societies, their behavior, their dressing, the celebration of festivals etc, the serial seems to have enough popularity in India as well. I know TRPS are not the yardstick for measuring the popularity of a show as they do not reflect the total viewership but are only sample surveys nevertheless, it is this TRPS which eventually allows a show to stay or be axed. Why it happens I cannot say but saas bahu serials are watched across the board by young and old, educated and the uneducated ones. Maybe we watch this serial with the hope to see the change happen and may be they watch it to see Bhabo triumph, I cannot say but the viewership is definitely heterogeneous. Thank you once again for taking time and reading a critical post and giving me your feedback.

Each one of us, gets opinions, due to the surroundings in which we live I personally, like to watch these serials, which portray the Indian theme. The art of movie making is a unique art, and it has been developed over years. I feel disappointed, that shortcuts are taken in our serials, and trivialized. This is a unique serial, which has a content which has a message, but gets distracted often. In the latest ending, Sandhya remarks of a court notice to Mohit, and perhaps, we will see how our judiciary takes up the matter. With you, I am sure, many more who have kept their opinions to themselves will start to express their views. thanks for sharing. I would be indeed very happy, if our intelligentsia too take up the matter of our Indian cinema seriously.