Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
UMDUji, you've raised good points about the show... I'm also a little bit disappointed with the education track being treated more like a side track... I also agree with timepass...It's obvious that right now TRP is influencing the storyline of DABH...there was a slight dip in the TRPs after the night college track (though personally I liked it so much) so the Cvs brought in the fake swamiji track which actually brought DABH to the first position once again and now the focus seems to be on everything else except for education...but despite that, there is always something to look for in each episode, so as long as I'm entertained, I'll just continue watching...
Talking about surya...i agree with Anushaji, normal couples are boring πŸ˜†... also i hope surya will discuss about how brandon was accepted as a part of the family when convincing bhabo regarding MomLi's marriage...if not, it will be a big blooper πŸ˜• 
  Edited by niruba - 11 years ago
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for voicing our concerns Uma! Good to see you create a thread after so long!

What gets me with dabh of recent times is the speed at which social messages are being bombarded at us! Rapid fire! They tumble down one on top of another, no time to breathe, like Meenudi's super sonic brain, cooking up a kaand or two a minute! We go -  Hold on a moment!

Then there is the SurYa relationship! Super slow, strangely suspended, Aaargh inducing!

Cvs are fully capable of turning things around in a minute, getting back to their main track and captivating us again. But for some unknown reason, they have an axe to grind.πŸ˜•
SonerMeye thumbnail
Thanks UMDU - at last somebody is voicing my concerns & my complaints!

'No doubt we have all come to appreciate DABH's attempts to convey social messages and have been applauding them for the same.' 

However, I think that the latest one is way too much. Mohit loving a Christian girl was a HUGE THING as it is - the CVs has to bring the unmarried pregnancy to it now! The inter religion marriage would have been a big challenge & how Sandya & Bhavo (of late Suraj has been made abandoned) tackle this would have been a good eye opener for the society & a logical solution would have set a good example. Why they have to show Emily pregnant, just because she is christian it is not justifiable to show that she has less than perfect moral? Would they have shown Chavi pregnant (a hindu girl!) - no way!

'Though I would like to confess here that I would not have minded the digression if it had been in the nature of progress in SurYa relationship. Whenever I raised the issue of the romantic side of the story coming to a standstill, I was repeatedly told not to expect too much as that is not the main theme of the story.'

Exactly! What is the SurYa relationship now a days? They spend the night in the same bed & same room - yet they have such a dry relationship, never once their body or hands touch. There is no tenderness, no longings in their eyes for each other. Either Suraj is a saint or he is not a real man! I am not talking about DBC - two people in love can be shown how attracted they are to each other by so many gestures. Yes, most of the time Suraj & Sandya stands side by side; that is just like two lamp posts standing next to each other.

'Is solving RP problem the main theme? In the name of TRPS maintenance they have started moving from one RP problem to another.'

Yes, this seems to be Sandya's whole purpose of existence. Even when Suraj start appreciate her dancing & seek some attention just by touching her hands, her brain thinks 'oh no - now I have to go & find out Emily's problem & resolve the difference between my beloved Bhavo & Dhaisa'. She did not even gave Suraj that beautiful smile which she had on the street on her way to Emily. When Suraj was waiting eagerly with a cake & some long lighted candles (CVs cut the scene); she was busy running errands for Bhabo to win her heart; in the meantime the candles burnt down & Suraj reduced to tears. Then she only gave him a half hug; not even an exiting juppi of love!

'Sandhya's college seems to be permanently on vacation mode. She solves one problem and there is another waiting to be tackled.'

Sandya is enrolled in Bhabo's 'Patshala' - there is no time for other studies! Together Sandya & Bhabo resolve one problem after another by challenging each other, by fighting with each other, by shouting (this is Bhabo's prerogative) or by agreeing with each other. 

This show has proved that it is really about Diya & Bati - that is Sandya & Bhabo. 

Suraj is just a very beautiful decorative stand to keep the Diya&Bati!!
Edited by SonerMeye - 11 years ago
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for the post umaji
as far as my knowledge goes about the show, dabh has reached 400 epis wherein still sandy is in third year of college, i think they need to drag this show for more years , if they show sandy finishing her studies quickly what will be in store for them to drag, so they are bringing these social issues in between to prolong the main part .
as far as surya are conncernned they have made that part dummy now, just imagine the way they showed the first anniversary, it was like imposed one, i wonder is this the same surya who were a treat to watch even though they never confessed(before confession) there was more initmacy in them which is missing now, when you are celebrating your first anniversary with the person you love the most , is this the way it happens, ek kiss toh bantha hai

vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
😲 , β­οΈ , πŸ‘ ...!!!

superb post Uma Ji, this is the 2nd tame u raised your concerns against the rules followed in RM and against the typo errors of our CVs...!!😳

we second your thoughts πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yeah, its a fact that to pull in crowd and make it a khatta-meetta combo the CVs are still trying to find their stand after 400 episodes...!!😡

In fact the points of Brandon vs Emily is superb valid...!!πŸ‘ and Yeah CVs need to give a boost to Sandhya's studies soon!πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ else it would take yet another 2-3 year break for us but still they would show as if only one year hardly passed, but we would get to see all the festivals being celebrated without a daybreak!!!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Ha...!! Now I just hope the Mr. pjarpi, who has a friends in DABH crew get to convey this to them personally or some how they get the idea of this post soon...!!😊
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice thread Uma.  Doubt whether the channel or PH cares as long as they get high TRPs.  In fact, all the shows are dependent on ratings and once a show is hit, the main theme is dragged and dragged until ratings go down.

I also feel Sandhya's education track, though it had some great performances by the actors, lowered the ratings.  Guess audience are not interested in seeing Sandhya studying and preparing for IPS as it has only Bhabho as obstruction and they are not willing to see Bhabho's rantings on and on.

Hope the CVs also include Sandhya's education alongside their other Momli, Meena, Chavvi tracks.
akku8910 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Umduji  i  agree  with  ur  points.The  education  track  of  Sandhya  has  taken  a  back  seat  eversince  the  Swamiji  track  ended.The  main  theme  is  2  showcase  the  struggle  of  an  ambitious   girl  who  comes  into  an  alien  surrounding by  marriage  and  how  she  eventually  achieve  her  dream  despite  all odds  with  the  help  of  her  husband.But  the  Cv's  have  not  given  much  importance  2  the  education  track  of  Sandhya  apart  from  few  days  of  attending  night  college and  getting  Bhabo's  approval.The  Cv's  tend  2  compromise  on  the  main  theme  4  the  sake  of  trps.The  focus    on  education  is  a  must  4  the  main  theme  as  cracking  a  civil  service  exam  needs  a  lot  of  hardwork  and  concentration.They  could  potray  it  by  mixing  romance  with  studies  as i  know  it  would  not  be  possible 2  show  Sandy  studying  all  the  tym.
Another  1  that   i  agree  is  the  progress  in  the  relationship  of  SurYa.The  Cvs  r  stuck  with  cute,shy   and  playful romance.It  is  about  tym  they  bring  abt  some  more   intensity  in  their  relationship  as  they  have  completed  1  yr  of  marriage.
Umduji  i  completely  agree  with  Bhabo's  hypocritical  behaviour.It  seems  the  CVs  forgot  abt  Brandon πŸ˜†and  r hell  bent  on  showing  her  religious  intolerance  which  is  over  the  top  and  unrealistic.
Edited by akku8910 - 11 years ago
shehjar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
welcome back UMDU i was missing ur thought provoking postsπŸ€— ..
U have stated the reality the cvs in the name of social awareness do sometimes make a character look like an idiot and more often than not it is Bhabo ..
yeh sab trp ka maaya jaal hain but i do hope that they dont make it  all the more unrealistic let realism prevail ..
BTW FeMi send that TATA tea to CVs too they need it the most JAAGO REY πŸ˜†
SriB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Superb post , totally agree. 
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I forgot to give my retake on SoorYa romance.
Now my retake:-πŸ€“

I started to define SoorYa as such a divine/pure couple thru my poetry that I was almost about to become a Sage.πŸ€”.

I visited Mount Abu and attended 3days meditation course then I was thinking to shift "HariDwar" n become a "sevika" of Baba Ramdev.😲

Thanks to SheeBz - they hold me back to my original senses.😎