UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

No doubt we have all come to appreciate DABH's attempts to convey social messages and have been applauding them for the same. However of late I am beginning to find them digressing considerably from the main theme. Though I would like to confess here that I would not have minded the digression if it had been in the nature of progress in SurYa relationship. Whenever I raised the issue of the romantic side of the story coming to a standstill, I was repeatedly told not to expect too much as that is not the main theme of the story.Is solving RP problem the main theme ? Does Sandhya after attending a week in college get the graduation degree and pass IPS with a few lessons on Lok sabha and Rajya sabha. In the name of TRPS maintenance they have started moving from one RP problem to another. Sandhya's college seems to be permanently on vacation mode. She solves one problem and there is another waiting to be tackled. Ever since she got day college admission she has not attended a day of college. Same is the case with Chavvi. They are either participating in competitions or are celebrating some function at home. They could have shown a few episodes of her attending college before starting the Mohit track to make it more realistic. Alternatively, why not make it appear more realistic and put them in a correspondence course ? Civil services is one of the toughest exams in the country. I understand they cannot show Sandhya studying all the time. That would no doubt become boring.However a little bit of studying has to be shown to keep your focus on the main theme.  The CVs, I had earlier pointed out moved from North to south pole position in SurYa romance by showing Bollywood style romance and than going totally cold on the subject. I was under the impression that such diametrically opposite takes were reserved for SurYa alone. I was pleasantly surprised to see it happening in Bhabo's case as well. Bhabo is shown appreciating and eating food made by Brandon who is a Christian. She is seen drinking water and eating in restaurants where international cuisines are served in Singapore. She however cringes at the thought of having water in Emily's house. How can that be possible ? Are we supposed to forget Singapore as a dream as the track achieved no purpose ? Neither did Suraj become confident enough to raise his voice against his mother's unjust behaviour nor did he expand his business beyond the confines of Hanuman Galli. The CVs need to be careful while developing characters. Paradoxical takes makes the portrayal unrealistic. Sorry in advance for having hurt DABHians sensibilities. As a fan of the show I cannot turn a blind eye to the shows short comings.

Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago

.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Uma aunty finally you completed your promise to create thread. Thankoo!🤗!

I agree with you. In fact, You've expressed feelings of majority DABH-Ians.⭐️.

What I really dislike in this inter-religion track is degradation in Bhabho's character.😔.
Why every time they made victim to Bhabho?.😕.

In 13th March Episode, They show such a caring side of Bhabho as a MIL in first segment n today they shown disappointment on her face just because Meena lost that "Gudaa thread" competition.
Social awareness ke naam par pataa nahi aur kya kya tortures we've to watch..

Chalo, CV's ka encounter karte hain to spoil my lubly Bhabho's character...
Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree Uma aunty!
I am dying to see some SurYa-centric tracks!
Not the never-ending RM problems!😒
Bring on some progress/problem/crisis in SurYa relationships!
Let them explore.

If we accept Bhabo's behavior regarding religion than
we have to count the whole Spore trip as a blooper only!

And where have you been! Glad to see a post from you after ages!🤗
timepass thumbnail
We viewers have to accept the fact that TRP is the main focus of CV's...whatever track gets higher TRP will be pursued. Higher TRP's bring more advertisement dollars to the channel and that is the main focus of each and every channel. HIGHER TRP, HIGHER REVENUE...that is the business side and we viewers have to deal with it.

Romance and education will not draw higher TRPs. Problems and tensions in relationships will do the work for CV's.

DABH has crossed 400 episodes but there's not even 40 episodes that shows Sandy studying or preparing for any exam.

Accept the fact that there will be no track on education...all you will see hurdles / problems of RP and Hanumal gali and Pushkar.

As for SurYa romance...that will be part of FILLER episodes until the problems comes up again.

Clash of Culture brings advertisement Vultures 😊
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
umdu ma ji...oh finally u created thread...yey..jolly...even though ur post is serious one.i am happy that u created thread.that too with ur style...

i have this doubt before and after singapore track..why they introduced that cooking track?.then i got one answer,its bcz of starplus planned to send dabh to singapore so only this track was introduced...if not it wont...then if wont...then no surya confession,bhabo-brandon relationship...no changing side of suraj...so i will consider,that whole singapore track is just a blooper esp u said na,that bollywood love confession...i have feeling...cvz would do better if starplus do their own work instead of sending dabh to singapore...they will do wtever they planned before starting dabh,i.e the script and whole story moving pace...

agree with u ma ji,need some realistic in dabh wtever u and sony mentioned above...esp surya scenes not romance,sandhya going to college...

uncle ji....u said right here...

Romance and education will not draw higher TRPs. Problems and tensions in relationships will do the work for CV's.

bcz even though they r trying to give new social msgs,but some masala is imp to rise trp...so they r using the concept u mentioned..
Edited by udnis - 11 years ago
Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
WOW what a thread! Uma Aunty I agree with you 110%. I do really enjoy and like the fact the CV's are taking risks and showing us such sensitive tracks for e.g. they have successfully shown the terrorist track and now with the pregnancy before marriage.

The main theme is Sandhya being an IPS and her dreams the show has a great chance to excel in this... they have gained solid viewership then why are they scared to rely on attending college or studying? They can create very strong tracks from that only. Sandhya facing problems with study... getting low marks but fighting back with confidence that would be realistic and people can relate to that especially students. Not a whole track but a main sub track. This will create a balance for viewers.

Mohit's track is a strong track but the CV's are not interlinking past events well. They are forgetting about them thinking that viewers wont notice but it is evident from your post that we do notice these things because we watch with focus and intensity. About SurYa romance I get excited when we see glimpses of romance but I am let down each time. They fluctuate so much in their relationship it is like a rollercoaster and I really don't know why CV's are holding back the progression of their love story. I don't know whether they don't want to concentrate on them or they want to leave the love track behind if there is a drop in TRP's I do not know.

Furthermore, the show is to do with a Sacha Jeevan Saathi we are not always demanding DBC why cant they show their relationship like other couples they cant even hug each other. It happens like once in a blue moon. Their understanding and their support for each other is perfect no doubt about it they are a perfect couple but how can a couple stay without romance for so long? Its unrealistic and hard to believe.

I think I will shut up now but this was a very thought provoking post! 👏
timepass thumbnail

Originally posted by: udnis

umdu ma ji...oh finally u created thread...yey..jolly...even though ur post is serious one.i am happy that u created thread.that too with ur style...

uncle ji....u said right here...

@ uncle ji...THANK YOU BABY 🤣
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: timepass

@ uncle ji...THANK YOU BABY 🤣

oh welcome friend....
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Uma ji. Thanks for this quality control thread. It's been a while since I've read some opinions on what the show is doing/not doing/where it's going. 

Maybe, after a very long break, I find the Rathi Mansion quite endearing. Maybe, it's the fact that nothing much has changed in the family dynamic that makes it watchable again for me. And yet, so much has happened. I was gobsmacked reading all the stuff that has gone on. But after all that, everyone bounces back and is true to form. There's something to be said for that I think. 

SurYa will always be a conundrum. I never know what's next. Extremistan. And entertaining because of that. I'm beginning to think that if they become a 'normal' couple, I will get bored. Bhabo's idiosyncrasies are legendary. What a cranky character. I love her. I'm a Christian and I don't find any of this offensive at all. Maybe I'm weird. But I like that she has that many flaws and yet Sandy has gotten a place in her heart. 

But I can't argue or disagree with anything you've said. It's all valid. 
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Thank You UMDU Ji.  As always...a bang on post. 👍🏼