Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@ Sayali There is just one point I would like to make. The civil services exam is not just for the selection of IPS. It is a common exam for IAS, IFS, AAAS, CAS, DAS, IPS etc. Based on your rank in the exam which is the collective marks of your written exam and interview you are allotted different services. So you are not really expected to have those qualities except communication skills and general knowledge, when you appear for the exam.You do not know what service will be given to you as it is difficult in such exams to make a self assessment of yourself. These qualities will be developed in you through training in Hyderabad, if selected for the IPS. For the civil services you have to prepare for almost a year putting in about 12 to 13 hrs of academic work as the written exam carries more weight than the interview. In the interview also your confidence level and general awareness will be tested. It is not really relevant to the discussion and we know that nothing less than TRPS drop will change them, this was just a general information I thought I will share since we are on the subject.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: UMDU

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#3300cc">@ Sayali </font><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">There is just one point I would like to make. The civil services exam is not just for the selection of IPS. It is a common exam for IAS, IFS, AAAS, CAS, DAS, IPS etc. Based on your rank in the exam which is the collective marks of your written exam and interview you are allotted different services. So you are not really expected to have those qualities except communication skills and general knowledge, when you appear for the exam.You do not know what service will be given to you as it is difficult in such exams to make a self assessment of yourself. These qualities will be developed in you through training in Hyderabad, if selected for the IPS. For the civil services you have to prepare for almost a year putting in about 12 to 13 hrs of academic work as the written exam carries more weight than the interview. In the interview also your confidence level and general awareness will be tested. It is not really relevant to the discussion and we know that nothing less than TRPS drop will change them, this was just a general information I thought I will share since we are on the subject.</font>

yess i know that... I did little researh before posting this topic on the forum... Wht i read made me realize it is one of the toughttest entrace exam.. Understandably though... I kw you get selected to different department after clearing exam and interview based on your score...

In the show thy specificaly mentioned Sandhya want to be IPS... So i posted my msg in tht context...

I really hope thhy do show her becoming IPS officer before TRPs start dropping...
beautifullotus thumbnail
Character is sandhya is very good ,but i feel the actor is not giving full justice to the character... itsw just my opinion ...no offence... shezz not bad ,but could have been better in many scence
Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great points UMDU...am enjoying reading your take on this issue. Unfortunately, given the slow pace of the serial, they will make it seem as though only one year has passed, even as we end up waiting for two entire years. They could make it as a fast-paced season one and season two, but I suppose the problem also rests with audience mindsets. At least they are now open to a woman using her education wisely and coming into a stronger position as the main lead (though they needn't bring down the husband's role in order to do so..). But the reality is that, plenty of serials showing a normal pace gets rejected by the audiences despite an excellent storyline and quickly give way to a very monotonous dragging serial with absolutely no storyline. Sad state. I enjoy watching old teleserials (mainly the ones posted online) and it's tough to see how badly the quality of tele-serials have deteriorated.
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: beautifullotus

Character is sandhya is very good ,but i feel the actor is not giving full justice to the character... itsw just my opinion ...no offence... shezz not bad ,but could have been better in many scence

Glad to see at least one person who agrees with me about the actor playing Sandhya...😊
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: newbie2011

Great points UMDU...am enjoying reading your take on this issue. Unfortunately, given the slow pace of the serial, they will make it seem as though only one year has passed, even as we end up waiting for two entire years. They could make it as a fast-paced season one and season two, but I suppose the problem also rests with audience mindsets. At least they are now open to a woman using her education wisely and coming into a stronger position as the main lead (though they needn't bring down the husband's role in order to do so..). But the reality is that, plenty of serials showing a normal pace gets rejected by the audiences despite an excellent storyline and quickly give way to a very monotonous dragging serial with absolutely no storyline. Sad state. I enjoy watching old teleserials (mainly the ones posted online) and it's tough to see how badly the quality of tele-serials have deteriorated.

shows get rejected when they are dragged un-necessary...

Indian TV industry really need to re-invent and must come up with the concept of season

if not season at least a definite plot and start and end of the show with maximum 400 to 450 episodes without getting into the rat race of TRPs... after 400-450 episode story gets monotonous...

no matter whatever they try to show... actors, directors, writers all get bored and the quality starts deteriorating...
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
My understanding of the telly world is that, there is nothing which can make them change except the TRPS pressure. I am not an experienced person in the sense, DABH is the first Hindi telly serial I am watching. All my knowledge of the Hindi telly world is based on my being an avid reader. Since I have read innumerable write ups on the same I have slowly begun to understand how things operate here. Some important conclusions I made on the same.

1.Despite claims by many that Saas bahu dramas are no longer the flavor of the season, it is they who rule the roost. The popular shows are all saas bahu backdrop based including DABH, BV, YRKKH etc.

2.To say only housewives watch it is also a myth as across the board people watch it. The viewership is heterogeneous.There are young and old, educated and uneducated, men and woman who watch it.

3.Season wise dramas do not work in India. Ekta kapoor tried and failed. Even now there is a serial 'Na bole tum na main ne kuch kaha' which has not made a dent in the TRPS chart and is the season 2 of the show. The reason could be that Hindi serials are 5 day shows while most western ones are weekly ones. The audience does not get weary as they do in Hindi ones.

4.Western and Pakistani serials have a definite plot and the story is shot on the basis of that. There is a predetermined script. In India they have a story for about 100 to 150 episodes and after that it is a wild run based on what the TRPS show. If drama is liked they show drama if saas bahu fights are the flavor they show that.

5.The continuous pressure on the writers takes a toll and the script has many bloopers as the show progresses. Lack of time for research affects the story line and irrational things are shown and the audience finds it difficult to digest. Season wise episodes as in the western serials allow the writers to refreshen themselves and that helps them to come up with better ideas.

6.With due respects Sayali, at least in the Indian context dragging does not automatically lead to loss of popularity as with every week TRPS figure available they keep introducing dramas one after another like you see in DABH now to keep the audience interested. Many serials without a definite storyline go on for years unless the TRPS hit rock bottom.

7. I agree all this is maddening and irrational but Hindi telly world will continue this format and no amount of outpouring of our frustrations will change them. As the channel and the PH make their way to the bank happily we are left clenching our fists.

This is strictly my POV. I may be wrong in my assessment as I am basing my arguments on what I have read and not on practical experience.