Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NarutoFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
India is the world's largest democratic country,the constitution of India has guaranteed each n every citizen of India the Freedom of Expression so I guess Freedom of expression cannot be curbed in a democratic country like India.Human beings are unique from each other so we all have different views n opinions.
IshraMiNeholic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
after reading ur all comments i becme speechless...😕
no words no point left to say about dis thread more .. as already members have commented my points my lines what i want to say... 😃
@Sayali now i think u got ur answers..😊

nd @ alina @ inFan80 Thank you very very much for ur lovely detail reply... i really like ur reply... nd others have also described it very well...😊👍🏼

👏 4 u all DABHians Lovers... Sandhya Rockz...😎👍🏼
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice post. My take on the serial so far. No doubt what you have said is absolutely true. IPS requires intense academic preparation and hours of studying. It is one of the toughest exams in the country. However having said that one should not forget this is only a serial which has been made as a commercial venture. If they show Sandhya going to college coming back and studying it will be uninteresting to the audience. If they show what Kiran Bedi did the serial will wind up in a month with rock bottom TRPS. That is the reason they have introduced OTT dramas, competitions, saas bahu nokjhok and family resistance to make it appealing to the audience. In all the activities by showing Sandhya as a winner, they are preparing the audience for the IPS acceptability. Realistic portrayal of IPS preparation is not commercially viable. You have to accept these things in the same way as we accept a Hindi film hero hitting 10 people in one go and in adverse circumstances drive a car, a plane, a ship and a bullock cart.The CVs do want you to believe, Sandhya has it in her to crack the civil services exam, even though her preparation is more in the nature of solving RP problems rather than academic. You are definitely fully within your rights to express your opinion. This was mine.
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh teri! How I missed this thread?😕.
@Sayali:- First off, I really like to 👏 you for your patient/matured replies to everyone's comments who've favored Sandhya.⭐️.

Technically, You've raised valid quests but since it's a fictional drama n all the tracks which are introduced in the serial are fully accepted by large group of audience so somewhere I believe CV's have rethink their main storyline. They're now combining social tracks + Sandhya's IPS journey.😳.

You've taken a wise decision to take a break from the show. At least, It will help you to stop negative feelings for the show. I always believe we shouldn't force ourselves to do things which dislike it.👍🏼.
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: UMDU

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Nice post. My take on the serial so far. No doubt what you have said is absolutely true. IPS requires intense academic preparation and hours of studying. It is one of the toughest exams in the country. However having said that one should not forget this is only a serial which has been made as a commercial venture. If they show Sandhya going to college coming back and studying it will be uninteresting to the audience. If they show what Kiran Bedi did the serial will wind up in a month with rock bottom TRPS. That is the reason they have introduced OTT dramas, competitions, saas bahu nokjhok and family resistance to make it appealing to the audience. In all the activities by showing Sandhya as a winner, they are preparing the audience for the IPS acceptability. Realistic portrayal of IPS preparation is not commercially viable. You have to accept these things in the same way as we accept a Hindi film hero hitting 10 people in one go and in adverse circumstances drive a car, a plane, a ship and a bullock cart.The CVs do want you to believe, Sandhya has it in her to crack the civil services exam, even though her preparation is more in the nature of solving RP problems rather than academic. You are definitely fully within your rights to express your opinion. This was mine.</font>

Thank you for your reply. I agree to make it appealing to masses makers do need to add some drama, resistance from family considering the backdrop of the story is of a small town. I have no issues with that... Wht I am trying to say is there has to be a balance. I really am against these 2000 eisode dragged shows which get wrap-up abruptly without completeing the story due to low TRPs after years. When actors get bored and story loses its charm. Have a definate out line and complete the story on high note.

You have a concept at least show some importance to it. Sandya is solving and helping local police to solve the cases as if she is on some undercover mission wht message do I get from that? Local police are dumb that thy cant solve these cases without Sandhya's help? Aren't you spreading a message any common man can interfer in a police investigatipn?

I think even though show is doing good and spreading social awareness at the end of the day all I conclude is its more of a sasbahu saga.
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ami_dabh

Oh teri! How I missed this thread?😕.
@Sayali:- First off, I really like to 👏 you for your patient/matured replies to everyone's comments who've favored Sandhya.⭐️.

Technically, You've raised valid quests but since it's a fictional drama n all the tracks which are introduced in the serial are fully accepted by large group of audience so somewhere I believe CV's have rethink their main storyline. They're now combining social tracks + Sandhya's IPS journey.😳.

You've taken a wise decision to take a break from the show. At least, It will help you to stop negative feelings for the show. I always believe we shouldn't force ourselves to do things which dislike it.👍🏼.

I have nothing against the show... So no negative feelings... I am all for a good healthy discussion as long as you respect other persons view point... We all come from different places with different ideology and different upbringing and different personalities... So we are bount to form our opinion based on that...

As you say correctly you must do wht you feel is right and what you like then only you can enjoy it... So while you guys enjoy the show I will try the difficult task of finding something which appeals to my sensibilities... 😊
Edited by sayali_d23 - 11 years ago
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Sayali Showing the police in poor light is nothing new. Are we all not used to seeing the police arrive after our heroes have bashed up the villain. It has been shown in innumerable Bollywood movies that the police are spineless and it is left to the hero to get justice. DABH has not deviated from that path. They have only reinforced the same principle. Here since it is the telly world instead of the hero we have a heroine. Whether we call it saas bahu drama or IPS struggle the only thing which matters to them is TRPS. In that DABH continues to rule the roost. Why would they want to change the format ? Having short season wise episodes like you have in Western serials has not worked for their Indian counterparts. Ekta kapoor tried and it did not work out. They went back to dragging till the TRPS totally go down and than the serial ends. The PH makes its money in the 5 to 6 yrs the serial runs. At the end of the day it is about making money. We can definitely reveal our frustrations through threads and stop watching. That is the only recourse left to us. They will not change unless TRPS drop.
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Sayali aunty:- What's sensibility?😕
Is there any connection between "faith" n "reason"?
Don't you think so we should become a "role model" of ourselves? 🤔

Han, Let's do "Oppum Gangstyle..."
or go to valley of himalays n become a sage?

You know i am still 15year oldie but my thoughts are like 80+ young woman.😲

Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ami_dabh

@Sayali aunty:- What's sensibility?😕
Is there any connection between "faith" n "reason"?
Don't you think so we should become a "role model" of ourselves? 🤔

Han, Let's do "Oppum Gangstyle..."
or go to valley of himalays n become a sage?

You know i am still 15year oldie but my thoughts are like 80+ young woman.😲

you can easily Google the meaning of sensibilities... in the context i used is emotional capacities... hope answers you query...
and since you called me Aunt... I feel I have a right to tell you...you are only 15 year old and seems spending most of you time here on IF judging from you number of post...

Go back to your studies...😊

Edited by sayali_d23 - 11 years ago
Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sayali_d23

you can easily Google the meaning of sensibilities... in the context i used is emotional capacities... hope answers you query...
and since you called me Aunt... I feel I have a right to tell you...you are only 15 year old and seems spending most of you time here on IF judging from you number of post...

Go back to your studies...😊

okay, lets not be mean to each other here. What I liked about this thread so far is unlike other tele-forum threads in I-F, people are quite civil to each other rather than act as manic fans subscribing to one extreme or the other. Let's just agree to disagree and stop belaboring the issue. So one person doesn't like the serial and others do...no big deal. Let's move on.
Edited by newbie2011 - 11 years ago