Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: sulakshanadabh

Well if u have already made a decision then no argument helps but we see a show for its main story and then get hooked if we find it nice ..u already have a negative thinking about the show and the actress so no point telling u anything good about the show ..SO Bye bye Alvida ☯️

As you said it correctly you get hooked if you find it nice... you like the show... great... I tried watching it... tried understanding it... I don't find it nice... so I will move on...

you have a right of your opinion which I respect that and hope you will respect mine too..😊
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sony_1234

Hi all, Great answers every one.
This show is my favorite and very disappointed to know that few people actually don't like the concept

Let me give an example of Muh toh jawabfrom sandhya 😊
when bhabo was repeatedly asking her to withdraw stay order, she says - "Bhabo, stay order maine di thi. isiliye stay order wapas lena bhi meri marzi hi"
she politely, but strongly told bhabo that final choice is hers 👏

I never said I didn't like the concept... the concept of the show is really good... but the dragging of the tracks and sidelining the main concept is what I don't like...

And I m sure you will agree... there is no rule that we all have to like the show to discuss / express our views...

and Star order is given by Court... so I hope it's a typing error in what you said above in BOLD... otherwise it is a major blooper if they showed that on the show...😊
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raadhni

I love this show a lot . Sandy is my role model too. I believe in being strong-willed , determined and liberty for women. Gone are those days when women were confined to the kitchen and responsible for child-rearing and laying the foundation of the family. This is modern world ... age of technology and we all should move on with the fast paced world. If we ladies are not strong , determined then like olden days we will be down trodden and we will never be able to make a name. So we women young or old should stand up for our rights and show the world we are also capable for doing jobs once regarded as men's jobs.We women should all feel proud of one thing that we can do all the things the men can do also ... it is only that we have to change our thoughts... traditional way of thinking. ... but remaning within the limits of our boundaries... meaning not doing something which can tarnish the family/society's name.

Agree with you views about woman empowerment... but sorry if I have to chose a role model... It will be only Kiran Bedi... she is a true inspiration 😊
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fanfictionluver

All members here answerd your questions I will say one thing I never seen this show from beginning like u I wondered why it was on top in trp charts I started seeing from Singapore track and believe me this show is really great and I love Sandya character the way it's portrayed she isn't like other bahu she speaks up what she feels is right even in front of bhabho give the show a chance u will enjoy it each track gives great msg and the cv handle them very well

I guess being born and brought up in metro ... I am having difficulty to relate to what is being shown... I guess I will just move on... but still appreciate your reply..
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: inFan80

Hi Sayali, u seem 2 have ur own preconceived notions about d show. I guess if u start watching d show patiently ur views might change. Let me highlight a few pts. here
@1st bold- Yes u'r right here d show TRPs r topping , nd I think d main story has deviated 4rm its original concept. Acc 2 me story was about how a less educated husband supports his wife 2 achieve dreams. D show now has become a saas-bahu drama nd I find dis quite annoying nd I feel d male lead is being side-lined.
But let me add dat wat u call saas-bahu drama is basically d ideology clashes. Sandhya & Bhabo r two totally different ppl n have different mindsets. It is just natural for a MIL who's illitereate 2 be highly insecured about her educated n intelligent DIL. Nd Sandhya has always been sesnsible nd matured enough 2 understand dis about her MIL. It is her patience nd tolerance dat she was nt only able gain her trust but 2day Bhabo shows her confidence in her intelligence also.

@2nd & 3r bold- Sandhya is nt a meek bahu as u think, she has always stood her ground 4 wat she considers 2 be right. There's a long list here.

1. She was once asked prove her innocence by swearing on Sooraj, but she refused 2 do dat as she didn't think dat swearing on one's husband proves dat a woman is innocent.

2. She was badly reprimanded 4 voting in d elections nd was asked 2 apologise 4 doing so. She was then given choice of apologising or else 2 accept d punishment. She chose 2 accept d punishment of filling up water in d house.

3. She put 4rwd dat ppl shud take care of hygiene within nd outside their house. Bhabo didn't accept dis nd challenged her dat if she is successful in creating awareness in d society she wud start using a dustbin in d house nd follow all d hygiene rules. Here Sandhya went ahead nd through a puppet show created awareness in d community.

4. She once raised her voice against corruption 4 which she was insulted in public but never did she take her words back or apologized 2 anyone.

5. Despite of Bhabo's strong refusal, Sandhya convinced everyone 3 support Sooraj's participation in d WTC competition. Even in S'pore when Bhabo decided 4 Sooraj 2 quit d competition Sandhya convinced 2 stay on, nt 4 d sake of comp, but Sooraj's own good nd well being.

6. Nd recently m nt sure f u r aware, she refused 2 take back d stay order of college ground which d fake swamiji was using 2 fool d ppl, even when Bhabo was forcing her 2 do so.

I might have missed a few pts here there. which I don't remember. But anyways I hope I made myself clear. Sandhya decided 2 give up dreams coz dat was something very perconal nd close 2 her heart. She's loves her family a lot nd dats why ready 2 give up her dreams. But it wud nt have been possible even 4 her 2 let d spark in her 2 die. Her passion 4 serving d country nd society wud have stayed alive all through her life.

Thank you for the detailed reply... I m glad if the show is creating at least social awareness..👍🏼

I think I will skip the show till they actually start with the track where Sandhya will start her journey towards becoming the IPS officer... 500 episodes down the line ...
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: newbie2011

Lot of the points made in previous posts re: regressive saas-bahu dramas seem to be related to other tele serials I have seen...crying bahu but silent in face of a domineering saas, one good thing shown but 20 regressive things added in, etc etc. For example, we have Gopi bahu who is based in a modern society but does not have any freedom to even spend time with her husband or do anything of her own (besides household cleaning and cooking) without her saas' permission. Even the track of Gopi bahu getting educated was tackled in a very nonsensical manner. Similarly, even in Beend...Ghodi Chadoonga' serial the lead character is supposedly pursuing medical studies but spends majority of her time doing household chores (even an akhand Ram jaap or doing delicate embroidery late in the night) without even attending classes...the concept was good but very badly executed in the episodes. no wonder most people stopped watching it.

DABH is intentionally set in Rajasthan to show a valid reason for why people have regressive mindsets and at the same time opening them to change (via a change in Bhabho's character). Bhabho has come a long way than what she used to be earlier. The challenges Sandhya faces in terms of acceptance for her IPS dreams is what would be commonly seen. Sandhya's character got orphaned at a very young age, so she sees Bhabho as her mother and rather than treat her as an enemy...she treats Bhabho with a lot of understanding. She had even taken the extreme step of sacrificing her dreams but couldn't force herself to be a different person as other typical rajasthani bahus. In fact Suraj even makes this point to Bhabho that each person has a distinctive personality...we cannot change their intrinsic nature and shouldn't try either.

The idea is to reach out to those masses who support such regressive serials as above. They have shown education in a strong positive light...unlike other tele-shows where women have got no careers, nothing else to do besides plotting, fighting with each other or use the act of having babies as a ground for competition. While it is true that the CVs took a long time to show Sandhya getting to her graduation, it is also true that getting audience acceptance is a tough task...most Indian viewers being used to the above stereotypical and vacuous plots had to be nudged gently and gradually in order to accept this new format. Even accepting a girl child and giving her due importance was shown long before the delhi rape episode (which added a new spurt to some tele-episodes showing crying bahus suddenly acting strong for an episode or two and then back to phusss).

Am sure we as DABHians also have a lot of changes we expect from CVs (who do tend to meander off at times) but as far as the main concept goes, in recent times CVs seem to have found a good sweet spot in terms of sticking with the storyline and getting audience appreciation.

Well as i said in my earlier msg. being born and brought up in Metro... I don't relate to the issues handled in the show much... Not my cup of tea... so my time to move on...😊

thank you for taking time out to respond... i very much appreciate it...

Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wish.naren

Dear TM, Sayali, 😊

I hope you have been answered well, thanks to Alina and Co. of the forum!😳

and I see that many new people also commented, ⭐️👏

Glad to read this thread since it revive my memory of loving the show once again!😃

I think you should consider rewriting your words, 😳

after all we have been following and TRP never failed to fall below 3 and thus I would say its well accepted show than any other!!

and regarding Sandhya have it in her? Yes She Does Have it in her with all faith n courage!!!⭐️

Yes... very well answered... 👏
LovePraja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thank you for the detailed reply... I m glad if the show is creating at least social awareness..👍🏼

I think I will skip the show till they actually start with the track where Sandhya will start her journey towards becoming the IPS officer... 500 episodes down the line ...

Do u think dat creating social awareness is a child's play???Its all about altering d thinking of ppl; persuading them 2 change their mindsets. Many shows attempt 2 create awareness but only few of them r able 2 make an impact. DABH is certainly on of them.

U also said dat having been brought up in metro u don't relate 2 show. It has nthng 2 do with being brought up in metro. Many of us (DABHians) r 4rm metro n we r in love with d show nd its characters. It is again d ideologies reflected in d characters which we relate 2. D CVs nd makers have brought up social ills of society ( which exist in both rural, small towns as well as urban cities) in a very subtle nd convincing manner.

U have also said dat u wud probably be inspired by Kiran Bedi rather than Sandhya. But aren't they two different ppl. Sandhya is a fictional character, while Kiran Bedi is a real person who became IPS nd truly is an inspring woman. DABH is a TV soap, nd naturally some portions of d show r OTT. It is meant 4 entertainment. How do u expect a TV soap 2 be devoid of drama. If there is no drama then won't dat be similar 2 a documentary???
Edited by inFan80 - 11 years ago
NarutoFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well lets see what the CVs has in store for us.But in my POV I would love to see Sandhya as an IPS officer afterall life of a woman does not begin and ends only within the four walls of the house.Women too are ambitious,enterprising and industrious.
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Do u think dat creating social awareness is a child's play???Its all about altering d thinking of ppl; persuading them 2 change their mindsets. Many shows attempt 2 create awareness but only few of them r able 2 make an impact. DABH is certainly on of them.

U also said dat having been brought up in metro u don't relate 2 show. It has nthng 2 do with being brought up in metro. Many of us (DABHians) r 4rm metro n we r in love d show nd its characters. It is again d ideologies reflected in d characters which we relate 2. D CVs nd makers have brought up social ills of society in a very subtle nd convincing manner.

U have also said dat u wud probably be inspired by Kiran Bedi rather than Sandhya. But aren't they two different ppl. Sandhya is a fictional character, while Kiran Bedi is a real person who became IPS nd truly is an inspring woman. DABH is a TV soap, nd naturally some portions of d show r OTT. It is meant 4 entertainment. How do u expect a TV soap 2 be devoid of drama. If there is no drama then won't dat be similar 2 a documentary???

I am happy to know that even after being brought up in metro you can relate to show and can enjoy it... Is it a crime if I don't relate to show?

I have already expressed I m moving on... Many of you guys reply to my message to I was replying to those responses...

Why you are being so defensive???

I just expressed my views same way you expressed yours... don't I have a right of my opinion and right to express it????

Edited by sayali_d23 - 11 years ago