Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vish1435 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I love this show a lot . Sandy is my role model too. I believe in being strong-willed , determined and liberty for women. Gone are those days when women were confined to the kitchen and responsible for child-rearing and laying the foundation of the family. This is modern world ... age of technology and we all should move on with the fast paced world.
If we ladies are not strong , determined then like olden days we will be down trodden and we will never be able to make a name. So we women young or old should stand up for our rights and show the world we are also capable for doing jobs once regarded as men's jobs.
We women should all feel proud of one thing that we can do all the things the men can do also ... it is only that we have to change our thoughts... traditional way of thinking. ... but remaning within the limits of our boundaries... meaning not doing something which can tarnish the family/society's name.
fanfictionluver thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
All members here answerd your questions I will say one thing I never seen this show from beginning like u I wondered why it was on top in trp charts I started seeing from Singapore track and believe me this show is really great and I love Sandya character the way it's portrayed she isn't like other bahu she speaks up what she feels is right even in front of bhabho give the show a chance u will enjoy it each track gives great msg and the cv handle them very well
LovePraja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sayali_d23

Well I think now I understand why this show is TRP topping... it's not what it promises... As I was telling Alina... it's a sas-bahu drama... and that girl really does not look 19 year old... 

You guys enjoy watching what they are showing but for me these types of shows are just portraying regressive society... they will show one good thing and 20 regressive things (here I am talking in general all sas-bahu dramas) I cant handle bullying sas and meek bahu not opening her mouth in the name of sanskar... crying in the room... I don't relate to it...

Well being respectful is nice but having your own opinion and standing it for it important... and whatever I was explained in the Muh toh jawab only proves Sandhya is typical mahan super woman bahu... but I don't find a single quality in her to be IPS officer... 

Anyhow.. No offence.. You all enjoy the show and I will move on..

Appreciate your reply

Hi Sayali, u seem 2 have ur own preconceived notions about d show. I guess if u start watching d show patiently ur views might change. Let me highlight a few pts. here
@1st bold- Yes u'r right here d show TRPs r topping , nd I think d main story has deviated 4rm its original concept. Acc 2 me story was about how a less educated husband supports his wife 2 achieve dreams. D show now has become a saas-bahu drama nd I find dis quite annoying nd I feel d male lead is being side-lined.
But let me add dat wat u call saas-bahu drama is basically d ideology clashes. Sandhya & Bhabo r two totally different ppl n have different mindsets. It is just natural for a MIL who's illitereate 2 be highly insecured about her educated n intelligent DIL. Nd Sandhya has always been sesnsible nd matured enough 2 understand dis about her MIL. It is her patience nd tolerance dat she was nt only able gain her trust but 2day Bhabo shows her confidence in her intelligence also.

@2nd & 3r bold- Sandhya is nt a meek bahu as u think, she has always stood her ground 4 wat she considers 2 be right. There's a long list here.

1. She was once asked prove her innocence by swearing on Sooraj, but she refused 2 do dat as she didn't think dat swearing on one's husband proves dat a woman is innocent.

2. She was badly reprimanded 4 voting in d elections nd was asked 2 apologise 4 doing so. She was then given choice of apologising or else 2 accept d punishment. She chose 2 accept d punishment of filling up water in d house.

3. She put 4rwd dat ppl shud take care of hygiene within nd outside their house. Bhabo didn't accept dis nd challenged her dat if she is successful in creating awareness in d society she wud start using a dustbin in d house nd follow all d hygiene rules. Here Sandhya went ahead nd through a puppet show created awareness in d community.

4. She once raised her voice against corruption 4 which she was insulted in public but never did she take her words back or apologized 2 anyone.

5. Despite of Bhabo's strong refusal, Sandhya convinced everyone 3 support Sooraj's participation in d WTC competition. Even in S'pore when Bhabo decided 4 Sooraj 2 quit d competition Sandhya convinced 2 stay on, nt 4 d sake of comp, but Sooraj's own good nd well being.

6. Nd recently m nt sure f u r aware, she refused 2 take back d stay order of college ground which d fake swamiji was using 2 fool d ppl, even when Bhabo was forcing her 2 do so.

I might have missed a few pts here there. which I don't remember. But anyways I hope I made myself clear. Sandhya decided 2 give up dreams coz dat was something very perconal nd close 2 her heart. She's loves her family a lot nd dats why ready 2 give up her dreams. But it wud nt have been possible even 4 her 2 let d spark in her 2 die. Her passion 4 serving d country nd society wud have stayed alive all through her life.
ZaaraBB thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Ofcourse she does.
where there is a will,there is a way
Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lot of the points made in previous posts re: regressive saas-bahu dramas seem to be related to other tele serials I have seen...crying bahu but silent in face of a domineering saas, one good thing shown but 20 regressive things added in, etc etc. For example, we have Gopi bahu who is based in a modern society but does not have any freedom to even spend time with her husband or do anything of her own (besides household cleaning and cooking) without her saas' permission.  Even the track of Gopi bahu getting educated was tackled in a very nonsensical manner.  Similarly, even in Beend...Ghodi Chadoonga' serial the lead character is supposedly pursuing medical studies but spends majority of her time doing household chores (even an akhand Ram jaap or doing delicate embroidery late in the night) without even attending classes...the concept was good but very badly executed in the episodes. no wonder most people stopped watching it.

DABH is intentionally set in Rajasthan to show a valid reason for why people have regressive mindsets and at the same time opening them to change (via a change in Bhabho's character). Bhabho has come a long way than what she used to be earlier. The challenges Sandhya faces in terms of acceptance for her IPS dreams is what would be commonly seen. Sandhya's character got orphaned at a very young age, so she sees Bhabho as her mother and rather than treat her as an enemy...she treats Bhabho with a lot of understanding. She had even taken the extreme step of sacrificing her dreams but couldn't force herself to be a different person as other typical rajasthani bahus. In fact Suraj even makes this point to Bhabho that each person has a distinctive personality...we cannot change their intrinsic nature and shouldn't try either.

The idea is to reach out to those masses who support such regressive serials as above. They have shown education in a strong positive light...unlike other tele-shows where women have got no careers, nothing else to do besides plotting, fighting with each other or use the act of having babies as a ground for competition. While it is true that the CVs took a long time to show Sandhya getting to her graduation, it is also true that getting audience acceptance is a tough task...most Indian viewers being used to the above stereotypical and vacuous plots had to be nudged gently and gradually in order to accept this new format. Even accepting a girl child and giving her due importance was shown long before the delhi rape episode (which added a new spurt to some tele-episodes showing crying bahus suddenly acting strong for an episode or two and then back to phusss).

Am sure we as DABHians also have a lot of changes we expect from CVs (who do tend to meander off at times) but as far as the main concept goes, in recent times CVs seem to have found a good sweet spot in terms of sticking with the storyline and getting audience appreciation.

Edited by newbie2011 - 11 years ago
vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Dear TM, Sayali, 😊

I hope you have been answered well, thanks to Alina and Co. of the forum!😳 

and I see that many new people also commented, ⭐️👏

Glad to read this thread since it revive my memory of loving the show once again!😃

I think you should consider rewriting your words, 😳

after all we have been following and TRP never failed to fall below 3 and thus I would say its well accepted show than any other!!

and regarding Sandhya have it in her? Yes She Does Have it in her with all faith n courage!!!⭐️
pjarpi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
no offence meant to any one...but i found this post really funny...the person writing views doesnt even know what DABH is all about and is making judgement without anything...and then being stubborn on proving him right...i would rather say if you are not enjoying the show you should move on...becuase there are many other who dont feel like you and this is why show is TRP topper...
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well right now I am busy with some office work...

Just wanted to say that I aapriciate the time and effort taken by you all to reply to my message..

Will reply when I am little free... Didn't want you guys to feel that I vanished...
Resh..... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You should watch the Rajkumar track which really proves that Sandy has all the qualities to become an ips officer. She found out that Rajkumar is a  terrorist and she teamed up and led the police to catch him. She was the one who saved the entire village. The police officers even saluted her when everything was over. One of my favorite scenes is - Sandy running along with the police to catch Rajkumar. She was wearing a saree and she was running like an athlete. 

The second one which proves her ability is how she exposed swamiji. In reality it might be unbelievable the way she did it but still it potrays all her abilities.

The other incidents can seem as small ones but it definitely brings out the fact that she is very brave ,wise and a woman of action.

Yes saas- bahu drama is there. (of course for trp ) I too  feel that her education is side-tracked at the moment.  But they show some social issues like fake swamiji exposure and inter-caste marriages which are interesting.  

Edited by Resh..... - 11 years ago
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Tacker_Holic

I think everyone has answered why this show clicks I agree there is kitchen politics and saas bahu drama in this show but it is realistic something everyone can relate too! 😃 

But Sandhya's dream is the heartbeat of the show. Becoming an IPS is the main focus. Yeah 400 episodes have gone but it was mere impossible to even get into a classroom with a saas like Bhabo. Sandhya is a strong inspiration to young women to never forget their dreams over the situation. Yeah not everyone has a Sooraj in their lives I agree to that but the message is that women should be independent, strong willed and live their dreams! If they don't achieve it atleast try. Becoming an IPS as far as I know (not from india) is not an easy job.

One thing how can you expect someone to be an IPS in one year and a half? That's how long the show has been on? I am not being rude I am stating reality. Life is not a bed of roses and this show fulfils this quote very well. Obstacles are there to be overcome and Sandhya is moving ahead. Now she is married the show is portraying a young woman who is balancing her dreams and her life together. This show helps all women gain confidence in themselves and also gives them hope.
 Another thing Sandhya may face taunts from her in laws and MIL but that is showing reality which still lies in india... especially in Rajasthan however Sandhya is not losing hope and doing what she believes in that shows she has the determination and the confidence in herself to realise her dreams and her ambitions. If this show was rubbish why are people inspired by Sandhya in india over the whole world? 😊 

I'm sorry if I sounded rude but I am very passionate about this show and Sandhya as she is my role model. If you don't want to watch or spend time here no one is forcing you too. I respect your views and not everyone likes the same thing. Peace.

Welll I don't know if you have ever heard about a show called UDDAANNN which use to come on Doordarsh during 90s... it was also about a girls dreams about becoming IPS Officer... and thos told that story in just 32 episodes...

here even after 400 episode story has not even started in that direction... and has become more of a Sas-Bahu saga...