Shoaib Akhtar to star in Bollywood!

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 19 years ago

Shoaib Akhtar to star in Bollywood!

By IndiaFM News Bureau, May 14th 2005 - 1230 hrs IST

www.indiafm.com Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt is planning to cast cricketer Shoaib Akhtar in his next film Gangster that will be directed by Anurag Basu of Murder fame.

Bhatt had initially approached Sanjay Dutt and John Abraham for the role, however due to their prior commitments both the actors could not take up the project. Since the character requires a brooding look combined with innocence and animal magnetism, when Basu mentioned that the character should be someone like Shoaib Akhtar, it was Pakistani actress Meera suggested why not approach Akhtar himself?

Meera who is a good friend of Shoaib spoke to him about the concept on Bhatt's behest. Shoaib is open to the idea and would be listening to the script shortly.

www.indiafm.com

what are they all upto!?!!? shoaib Akhtar ko aur koi kaam nahian hai??
I don't understand what cricketers find so attractive in film industry(any film industry) why can't they play. like just play!!

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

lols...ab mujhe isay movie main bhi dekhna parega?🤢

i think that shoaib akhtar is out of playng international cricket nowadays..may be thats y he thought ke aur kuch nahi to yahin per apni kismat azmaa loon...😛

Mashal thumbnail
i agree with u he is trying his best but we can say this

BEST OF LUCK [;)] [;)] [;)]

[IMG]shoib akhter[/IMG]
Mashal thumbnail
i agree with u he is trying his best but we can say this

BEST OF LUCK 😉 😉 😉

Maha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Ms Bholi Bhali for sharing the news... Its seems that Shoaib Akhtar is not interested in this offer (Thank God)... I found this article at www.thatscricket.com

Shoaib thumbs down Mahesh Bhatt's offer

Sunday, May 15 2005 13:31 Hrs (IST)

Islamabad: Pakistani speedster Shoaib Akhtar has rejected an offer from Indian film maker Mahesh Bhatt, saying that his first love was cricket and his fans wanted to see him as a cricket star, not a movie star.

"I love cricket and want to concentrate on it. I have absolutely no intention of featuring in films," he was quoted by local daily 'The News' as saying.

"It (report of him acting in a film) is absolutely rubbish. I have nothing to do with films. I want to fully concentrate on my cricket which is my bread and butter," he said.

Akhtar, discarded for Pakistan's tour of the West Indies reportedly on the basis of his fitness, said all cricketers get offers to act in films and he has been receiving such offers for the last six years.

"For the last six years I have been getting such offers and so do players like Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik," he said.

"I do not want any distractions as I am at the peak of my cricketing career," he said adding that he was serious about staging a comeback into the team.

Akhtar said players like players of yesteryears, Imran Khan and Wasim Akram too got fil offers.

"The offers or someone talking about it does not mean that the players are serious in featuring movies," he said.

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Hi,

Thanks ALot for sharing

shukar hai, he used aqal and didn't go there. seriusly is a huge ditraction, Mohsin Khan was a cricker and see wat he has done to him self now.

I cann't imagine him doing films 🤢

anyways Thanks alot U made by Day, yesterday I was so anger at him, and that meera too. y are they pulling him into that feild, woh jidhar hai boht acha hai!

anam2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
same here.. I can't imagine him doing filmz...

Edited by anam2004 - 19 years ago
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i dont think that Shoaib Akhtar is a hero material....i m sure a lot of girls think that he is hot but i m sorry he is not....i've met him once n i found him ugly🤢
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

Hi,

Thanks ALot for sharing

shukar hai, he used aqal and didn't go there. seriusly is a huge ditraction, Mohsin Khan was a cricker and see wat he has done to him self now.

I cann't imagine him doing films 🤢

anyways Thanks alot U made by Day, yesterday I was so anger at him, and that meera too. y are they pulling him into that feild, woh jidhar hai boht acha hai!

i think exactly the same....thanks alot for making my day too Maha!

Maha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You are welcome guys 😳

The news of him acting in movies was just unbearable so as soon as I came across the article where he denies acting in movies, I decided to post it here as I was pretty sure you guys would be as relieved as I was after reading it.