Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: simplytoxic

What I am liking about this drama is that the characters are soo realistic. Noone is too good to be true...not even the hero or heroine! They all have some weaknesses. Zaroon is a typical male, he is from a liberal family, is going around with girlfriends and enjoying but he has another set of rules for women. It's hypocracy, but that is what is actually happening all around us!
I don't think that the assaults can be blamed on women for their attires. I have seen and experienced that it doesn't matter what you wear...it all depends on the mentalities of the men. In Europe, I can roam around in jeans and western attire, without getting any disgusting comments or gazes from the men. They respect you. But in Pakistan, wearing proper shalwar kamiz with a big chadar on my head, I have experinced bad behaviour when going shopping with my mum. In the beginning it was shocking for me, because I thought that Pakistan is a muslim country and we learn to respect women in our religion. But unfortunately...we don't practice what we learn from our religion.
These people may have strict rules for the women in their house but go out and don't show any respect to women outside.

I so agree...I love how the drama has real characters. We always see the perfect girl and guy..yet we hardly see such real characters that exist amongst us, or who we personally can relate too. Zaroon and Kashaf are both main characters and majorly flawed..but the best part is that they're realistic.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Not everyone is that flawed mind u
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

Not everyone is that flawed mind u

I never said everyone is..everyone might not be that flawed like Kashaf or Zaroon but we're all flawed. to say the least.

I personally find it easier to relate to flawed characters than those that are written to be too perfect for even my imagination.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I never said everyone is..everyone might not be that flawed like Kashaf or Zaroon but we're all flawed. to say the least.

I personally find it easier to relate to flawed characters than those that are written to be too perfect for even my imagination.

ASHAR was also FLAWED, but Zaroon is flawed way too much
starstruckk thumbnail

ASHAR was also FLAWED, but Zaroon is flawed way too much

and what's your point of bringing in Asher again?
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

and what's your point of bringing in Asher again?

All I am saying that these main characters from this show do not seem natural to me
starstruckk thumbnail

All I am saying that these main characters from this show do not seem natural to me

Well, if you're going to bring Ashar in to make a comparison (not too sure why though), then in my opinion Ashar and Zaroon are both flawed in their own respective ways. They both depict guys pretty well..not all, but quite a lot in today's South Asian society.

Ashar never trusted his wife and only went on to ruin his marriage by making assumptions and kicking his wife to the curb which only led his wife to struggle for yrs, by herself with a child in worse living conditions than him..basically he acted like a douchebag. As Khirad put it, why even express your love and act all heroic when you can't even take a stand when it really matters? Here. Zaroon is a chauvnisitic, hypocritical, know it all male..who has double standards when it comes to men and women..in other words, a sore loser. Both characters in their own right seem flawed yet real to me. Not all, but most men do come across as that in the subcontinental society at least.
However, if you find Zaroon to not be so of a natural, then that's fine. we probably have different definitions of what real and natural are.

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Well, if you're going to bring Ashar in to make a comparison (not too sure why though), then in my opinion Ashar and Zaroon are both flawed in their own respective ways. They both depict guys pretty well..not all, but quite a lot in today's South Asian society.

Ashar never trusted his wife and only went on to ruin his marriage by making assumptions and kicking his wife to the curb which only led his wife to struggle for yrs, by herself with a child in worse living conditions than him..basically he acted like a douchebag. As Khirad put it, why even express your love and act all heroic when you can't even take a stand when it really matters? Here. Zaroon is a chauvnisitic, hypocritical, know it all male..who has double standards when it comes to men and women..in other words, a sore loser. Both characters in their own right seem flawed yet real to me. Not all, but most men do come across as that in the subcontinental society at least.
However, if you find Zaroon to not be so of a natural, then that's fine. we probably have different definitions of what real and natural are.

Yes I find both zaroon and kashif unnatural as characters, and not at all real, end of story!!
starstruckk thumbnail

Yes I find both zaroon and kashif unnatural as characters, and not at all real, end of story!!

How does your thread start off with less clothing provoking assaults to how unnatural Zaroon and Kashaf are? I knew you were going to end up here eventually..which is why my first post in this thread says what it says.

anyway, I disagree with you. I find them both quite natural and easy to relate too. I think Kashaf is probably one of easiest characters to relate to in my opinion.

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

How does your thread start off with less clothing provoking assaults to how unnatural Zaroon and Kashaf are? I knew you were going to end up here eventually..which is why my first post in this thread says what it says.

anyway, I disagree with you. I find them both quite natural and easy to relate too. I think Kashaf is probably one of easiest characters to relate to in my opinion.

Why did ur reply consist of character analyses rather than addressing the topic at hand??? And no I don't find kashif realistic