Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
This topic is applicable to the current crisis in India or in fact any country.

In our religion men have been told to lower their gaze and respect woman

Assaults and rape are immoral simple as that. It does not matter what you are wearing. Most woman do not wear the clothes they were to attract men right? It is against basic human rights that a man not force himself upon a woman. When I see a man with a bare chest, I do not feel the urge to assault him, in fact I don't feel the urge to do anything with him then how can a woman's clothing provoke a man?

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

This topic is applicable to the current crisis in India or in fact any country.

In our religion men have been told to lower their gaze and respect woman

Assaults and rape are immoral simple as that. It does not matter what you are wearing. Most woman do not wear the clothes they were to attract men right? It is against basic human rights that a man not force himself upon a woman. When I see a man with a bare chest, I do not feel the urge to assault him, in fact I don't feel the urge to do anything with him then how can a woman's clothing provoke a man?

Exactly! Thank you!!!
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is a few questions raised by the episode review:

Question for our readers: Last week one of our kind commentators pointed out that we never talked about Zaroon and his misogynist remarks towards Asmara and women in general. I felt very strongly about Zaroon's words not in a bad way, but not in a good way either. Today Umera scored great points with me because she nailed down Zaroon to us completely. I see where Zaroon is coming from but before I put my input in there, I wanted to hear a few of your remarks on some of the points raised

1) Should anyone have the right, especially a non-family member to tell a women what to wear and how to dress?

2) Is it alright for guys to go to inappropriate places but girls should refrain, because people will always point and raise finger on her character?

3) Why is there such a double standard in our society, is there is a real reason behind it or is it a cultural preserved meme?

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I can't comment much about clothes since in Islam a women should dress appropriately but men have also been told to lower their gaze
Unfortunate reality is all these rules are always applied to women but men can do whatever they want
Zaroon has double standards and probably represents 80% of the males in our society 🤢...the only difference is that he actually accepts that he has double standards when most men don't do
And I have seen random people passing comments on girls who wear abaya i.e fully covered...therefore ultimately the problem lies with men and not with women
Edited by --Nida-- - 11 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail
Idk about India but in Pakistan I have seen men who would just stare at every female they see and some even pass comments or sing cheap songs...this should also be counted as a crime since men should lower their gaze in Islam ??
uniquebluerose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Its not about men or women to blame but the mentality in seeing the women as sex objects or what to say just as their sexuality as their weak point which creates the problem...

I guess most of the south Asian countries have had male dominance or stereotyping of roles of men and women in society and home!!!

But with the changing role on women in society immoral men just use weakness of women and think of robbing their dignity as way of revenging/taking it out on society!!!

What is actually needed is better education system involving value education which changes outlook of men on women or outlook of women on men...

As far as media is concerned...they could avoid glorifying masculinity the extreme of which makes shows the image of wanting to own women or use women/degrade woman...

Double standards or even accepting that we have double standards is not enough sincere efforts must be taken rectify mentality which we imbibe right from probably birth!!!

Sorry if my thoughts offended anyone!!!!! BTW i am new to this forum...wanting to experiment Pakistani serials!!!
Edited by uniquebluerose - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't agree with Zaroon at all..I too was taken aback with the way his character scolds Asmara about the clothing she chooses to wear. Zaroon is a hypocritical character, with many double standards..the best part is that he admits he is one..it goes to show you guys to do realize how they have their double standards and how they have the tendency to treat women as inferior.

Another point I'd like to make here is..Umera as a writer is showing what goes in our society..she isn't showing that Zaroon is the perfect guy around nor is she showing that Kashaf is exemplary..she's nitpicking Zaroon and Kashaf and showing how we as people actually are.

simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I don't agree with Zaroon at all..I too was taken aback with the way his character scolds Asmara about the clothing she chooses to wear. Zaroon is a hypocritical character, with many double standards..the best part is that he admits he is one..it goes to show you guys to do realize how they have their double standards and how they have the tendency to treat women as inferior.

Another point I'd like to make here is..Umera as a writer is showing what goes in our society..she isn't showing that Zaroon is the perfect guy around nor is she showing that Kashaf is exemplary..she's nitpicking Zaroon and Kashaf and showing how we as people actually are.

What I am liking about this drama is that the characters are soo realistic. Noone is too good to be true...not even the hero or heroine! They all have some weaknesses. Zaroon is a typical male, he is from a liberal family, is going around with girlfriends and enjoying but he has another set of rules for women. It's hypocracy, but that is what is actually happening all around us!
I don't think that the assaults can be blamed on women for their attires. I have seen and experienced that it doesn't matter what you wear...it all depends on the mentalities of the men. In Europe, I can roam around in jeans and western attire, without getting any disgusting comments or gazes from the men. They respect you. But in Pakistan, wearing proper shalwar kamiz with a big chadar on my head, I have experinced bad behaviour when going shopping with my mum. In the beginning it was shocking for me, because I thought that Pakistan is a muslim country and we learn to respect women in our religion. But unfortunately...we don't practice what we learn from our religion.
These people may have strict rules for the women in their house but go out and don't show any respect to women outside.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Also I think films/dramas should stop glorifying ladkion ko chedhna
These men take a lot of inspiration from it when they see a hero doing it...they don't think its wrong, they think of themselves as some filmy hero