Sajid Khan...disappointing as a judge

Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I watched last week's episode of NB (the one on 29th December) and I must say I was very disappointed with Sajid's comments but I wasn't too surprised.

All he kept mentioning was "audiences ka entertainment hona chahiye". Well, that is true. But, he cannot use that as a pretext to give mediocre comments to dancers and dances that are just average.

What I did find amusing and very nice was that some pairs that he criticized mildly, the same pairs got appreciation from Terrence Lewis who we all know is a fair judge and someone on the judges panel with real ability to critique dancing performances.

If anything, Sajid needs to realize that making movies that cross 100 crores (Housefull, Hey Baby etc.) is one thing and dancing is another. He needs to be more balanced in his judgment. He need not ignore talent just in the name of dumb entertainment.

Having said all this, I feel that Star will keep that clown Rahul in the show for a few weeks. Man, I have never seen someone this horrible. This is the first time I've seen Rahul on TV.

Edited by Mohini19 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

romiebee2002 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Don't stress about him he is just there for ' our entertainment purposes' 😆
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: romiebee2002

Don't stress about him he is just there for ' our entertainment purposes' 😆

I know what you mean.

Most of us don't know the contestants personally and don't really care who wins and who loses. Plus, the most deserved/talented jodis/dancers usually don't win such reality shows.

But, personally, I just dislike the way some judges force their stupid viewpoints down the audiences throat just in the name of entertainment.

Sorry, no offense to Sajid fans.
-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I find him annoying n irritating sometimes

he acts like trying to spread his movies forced comedy to TV show...
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Mohini he is no different today. Again it was the Sajid Rahul show to say the least. His marks were given again on pure entertainment and entertainment nothing else.

What makes this really hard to digest is that he is a good dancer as i always said. His sister and he used to always win something or the other so such comments coming from a dancer is what is wrong. He is brought to give his dancing expertise and if he cannot then atleast he should give comic. He has done neither. His infamous witty one liners are yet to headline the show
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
The show is a dance show that's the reason it's called nach baliye and not entertainment baliye.

They should judge based on dance and not entertainment coz that's the format of the show I expected better from sajid.

Terence is right now my Fav judge in the show I love his judging and as he's a top choreographer he knows what's right and what's wrong Sajid also comes from a family with some good dancers I thought he would know better.

Rahul is just another story he can't dance nor can he entertain and on top of that his laugh. Like they say when the persons laugh is funnier than the joke.

However there ain't a joke here. I wanna see better things with the judges judging the dance and not the entertainment.
Edited by -Babycakes- - 11 years ago
Anyah thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I AGREE WITH YOU! i was very disappointed because amar charlie and kushal elena got low scores!
rahul and dimpy got more scores than them 2 jodi, WHAT?! seriously, they didnt even dance properly.
It's not fair!!
LSctt thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Plain annoying sajid is!!!
Tries his best to be funny it just doesn't work!!
Edited by sonia1230 - 11 years ago
ish123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mohini19

I watched last week's episode of NB (the one on 29th December) and I must say I was very disappointed with Sajid's comments but I wasn't too surprised.

All he kept mentioning was "audiences ka entertainment hona chahiye". Well, that is true. But, he cannot use that as a pretext to give mediocre comments to dancers and dances that are just average.

What I did find amusing and very nice was that some pairs that he criticized mildly, the same pairs got appreciation from Terrence Lewis who we all know is a fair judge and someone on the judges panel with real ability to critique dancing performances.

If anything, Sajid needs to realize that making movies that cross 100 crores (Housefull, Hey Baby etc.) is one thing and dancing is another. He needs to be more balanced in his judgment. He need not ignore talent just in the name of dumb entertainment.

Having said all this, I feel that Star will keep that clown Rahul in the show for a few weeks. Man, I have never seen someone this horrible. This is the first time I've seen Rahul on TV.

100% agree wiv ur post, dats exactly hw I felt, reali wen he sed don't care bout hw dance would b but definitely want entertainment. I was lyk wth he takin bout. God help Jodi frm judge like dis. I no dis might hurt sajid's fan, but sorry guys couldn't help myself 2 make da comment
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ughhh Starplus just copied Colors by getting a director to be a judge (as was Karan in JDJ)..

But seriously his movies were not so great either, content really matters..

Just like for the performances, entertainment is a big factor, but dance is the core, and this is "Nach Baliye" not entertainment ke liye..