Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan Bhi Tha - A Requiem

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

LMFAO 🀣 Some of this is truly hillarious

Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan – A Requiem

Posted by SZ On March - 19 - 2012
Now that dust has finally settled on Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan, memories of the absolutely whacko and madcap trials and tribulations of the annoyingly irritating but nonetheless lovable gang of four, Mujtaba, Daneez, Shimraiz and Kiran, continue to reverberate. It was Sunday, but it didn't seem like it because there was no KPKP; no gritting of teeth at the fact that even though Kiran found time to change her hairstyle every two seconds, she couldn't be bothered to do the same with her abysmal dresses; no annoyance at the zip zilch zero chemistry between Daneez and Mujtaba; no straining my ears to understand Mujtaba mumbling his lines; no wincing at Kiran's over the top screeching and shrieking; no hating on Shimraiz for his ongoing plots against Mujtaba; no laughing out loud at the continuity and bloopers ; no …. nothing??!! What a weird way to spend a Sunday?! So for all those out there who missed KPKP on Sunday, this post's for you --
Following are some sequences/scenes in no particular order that made me go huh/what the heck just happened/did they really show this/are they serious/honestly/why??
  1. Turkey as USA – Really??? Enough said ….
  2. Shimraiz and his F-bomb - What the heck?? How could the editors let that one slide is still beyond me!!!
  3. A classic: Kiran spending the night on a bench in a random park, wearing an atrociously ugly red dress with high heels and a gold scarf. There was so much wrong here that I don't even know where to begin. Honestly! What woman wanders around alone in a park late at night, then compounds that error by calmly going to sleep on a bench? Huh? I kept waiting for her to get raped, mugged, propositioned, arrested for soliciting, something ... the mother in me was praying for her safe return home. Miraculously, though, she defied all odds and survived! And, not just survived, but thrived! Gold sandals were transformed into sneakers, the gold scarf into a printed yellow one, and she managed to find herself a handbag, a folder, and some headphones, and was back again at Mujtaba's house nice and early! Wah!!
  4. A similarly what the heck sequence: Daneez getting upset with Mujtaba, walking around randomly and then calmly going to sleep in what looked like a busy amusement park, complete with a giant Ferris wheel – waahht??
  5. Yet another Kiran moment: Upon learning of Mujtaba's marriage, Kiran rushes to confront Mujtaba, wearing some gaudy huge earrings and equally ginormous necklace and a pink lehnga, probably from the 1950s. Again, what the heck was she doing running through deserted streets at night? If this isn't a classic case of inviting trouble I don't know what is; throughout I kept waiting for her to get mugged, dressed up as she was like a Christmas tree. Earlier, in the same scene, Sanam and Fawad were absolutely drenched – I realize it must have been extremely hot – but it was beyond gross to watch.
  6. The hardest to swallow scenario: Daneez and Shimraiz plotting against Tania. The whole bit about giving Tania drugs, photoshopping pictures, cyber-bullying, and finally pushing her to commit suicide – errr, a bit much to digest! And, then Daneez's overnight transformation into a "sweet" girl – sorry – didn't work for me!

Wait, no, I'm not done – no! I can't end without highlighting some of KPKP's really fantastic moments as well – the scenes, some of which made me laugh out loud and others that made me go awww, for which I will buy its DVD on my next trip to Pakistan. Here they are, and again in no particular order:

1. The entire first episode – what a superb insight into Mujtaba's crazy world. This was a perfect begining, and I would actually rate it alongside Haissam's latest Durre Shehwar's first episode. It set up the whole scenario so beautifully, we got a look into why Mujtaba was the way he was, his frustrations with the socio-economic situation in Pakistan. It was a complete package in that it was beautifully written, directed, and acted. Sadly it went gradually downhill from thereon.
  2. The "hero entry" scene: Beyond brilliant is all I can say! This was Fawad Khan at his best – I would rate this scene alongside many of his heavy duty scenes in Humsafar. The lines were great and the director gave his cues, but really to go beyond that and elevate the scene is all credit to Fawad's flair for histrionics and his impeccable comic timing.
  3. Dastaan wala Fawad Khan and Katrina Kaif scene: One of the best scripted scenes. Even though it was an over long scene and Kiran's loud crunching of her chips was extremely annoying, the lines made the scene memorable, as Mujtaba nonchalantly dismissed that guy from Dastaan… an insider's joke it was highly appreciated by everybody who got it.
  4. The saala- behnoi chemistry between Shimraiz and Mujtaba: Unfortunately there were very few scenes between Shimraiz and Mujtaba, but whenever they did come they were always fun. This scene, when Daneez and Mujtaba come to make nice with Daneez's parents and Shimraiz is already there, was one of their best in my opinion. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of the Fawad-Mikaal pair in the future.
  5. The panga bolo scene: For some odd reason, for me this was one of the most romantic scenes I've seen on TV in a while, and I say this even as I'm thinking back to all the Ashar-Khirad scenes. Here, there was no Mahira, no QB in the background, it was just Fawad Khan, Aisha Khan was a non-player in the scene, and she might as well have not been there. The way he played it was amazing and demonstrated that one did not need to recite heavy-duty dialogues or get physical to show romance. A simple everyday mundane dialogue was fine-tuned into something else entirely.
  6. Shmiraiz at his best: When examing his bruises, post yet another unseen fist-fight with Mujtaba: Oh no! Ab main parties pay kaise jaaonga?! Absolutely awesome! Another memorable moment was when he dissed Kiran's clothes - yes!!

Friends, this was my recap of the crazy journey that was Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan. Feel free to agree/disagree, reminisce about your favorite scenes. After all KPKP ka janaza hai, zara dhoom sey niklay…

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This drama was one of a kind. I pretty much agree with all of the writer's points. I loved this drama at times, and other times it made me cringe..but as the writer mentioned, Sundays kind of seemed boring once this show was over. I liked watching it all even with it's loopholes and flaws..it was entertaining. The whole thing where they tried convincing everyone how Turkey is USA was the biggest failure of all...couldn't have been more obvious they were in Turkey. Also, Daneez's transformation was ridiculous as well. The script was flawed but I loved Fawad, Sanam & Mikaal. Ayesha was alright in the second half..the first half she was annoying.

And yes! I loved that scene between Mujtaba and Kiran discussing Katrina Kaif..that was definitely an aww worthy moment...especially when Kiran brings up Fawad Khan, woh Dastaan wala. πŸ˜†..Fawad & Sanam had some adorable scenes in this drama with great chemistry that it actually made me think they were going to end up with each other for sure.

Not to mention that panga scene between Daneez & Mujju! I don't remember the last time Ayesha Khan stood out like that. That was possibly the only scene between Ayesha & Fawad which was very cute.

Mikaal & Sanam also had great chemistry..and I too wish to see Fawad & Mikaal again in a drama as mentioned above.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I loved the way Fawad said "acha woh" in the Katrina Kaif/Fawad Khan scene... lol
But overall for me this drama was a joke. I just couldn't take it seriously. One of Haissam's weakest works.
Besides Fawad I couldn't like anyone else.. especially Meekal and Ayesha.

starstruckk thumbnail
Also, this is one of my favorite performances by Fawad. I honestly loved him as Mujju. He was the best actor by far in this drama..I wish the drama worked because he was awesome in it. He performed Mujtaba with such ease..his character was a bit more genuine than the others in my eyes.

Ahh, this drama is a guilty pleasure of mine. πŸ˜†
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It was a flawed drama, but loved Fawad Khan's performance in it. He always, gives his best...even in Ashk...that's what makes you tune in to his dramas despite of their lack of stories and flaws. He manages the character roles so well, even in Akbari Asghari, he performed well as the pendu Asghar. He reminded me so much of people like him that I have seen.

I also wanted Kiran and Mujtaba to end up together, loved all their scenes together. I didn't watch the entire drama, some episodes here and there...someone posted Kiran and Mujtaba scenes separately on youtube, which I watched. But I LOVED the Dastaan/Katrina Kaif scene...
I didn't see the Panga scene...in which episode was it? Anyone got the link to it?
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: simplytoxic

It was a flawed drama, but loved Fawad Khan's performance in it. He always, gives his best...even in Ashk...that's what makes you tune in to his dramas despite of their lack of stories and flaws. He manages the character roles so well, even in Akbari Asghari, he performed well as the pendu Asghar. He reminded me so much of people like him that I have seen.

I also wanted Kiran and Mujtaba to end up together, loved all their scenes together. I didn't watch the entire drama, some episodes here and there...someone posted Kiran and Mujtaba scenes separately on youtube, which I watched. But I LOVED the Dastaan/Katrina Kaif scene...
I didn't see the Panga scene...in which episode was it? Anyone got the link to it?

Here you go..you can see from the beginning of this part up until 4 minutes..this was the only scene that I loved between Daneez and Mujju..
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v5khylzf2w[/YOUTUBE]

lol @ tum mujhe urdu main gaaliyan seka rahe ho..πŸ˜†
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I don't like Fawad but he was so funny in this drama..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with the writer about every point! πŸ˜†
Definitely, one of a kind drama and the Dastaan/Katrina scene was truly amazing!
-Mrs.SKMehwish- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Okay I wanna say that ... I don't know why but I LOVED THAT SHOW ... from the start till end I never missed a single episode .. FAWAD KHAN was very different there .. Liked his acting every thing about Mujju did ... He looks super cute like this ... That show was good one <3
Fawad was adorable <3 Love Katrina wala scene ... Ufff plz don't kill me I like all scene which we had with mujju 'Daneez and Kiran The very first after their marriage (Bacho walo )scene was amazing and Funny>3

4 meee this one was not bad at all πŸ‘πŸΌ
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rock-Star

Okay I wanna say that ... I don't know why but I LOVED THAT SHOW ... from the start till end I never missed a single episode .. FAWAD KHAN was very different there .. Liked his acting every thing about Mujju did ... He looks super cute like this ... That show was good one <3

Fawad was adorable <3 Love Katrina wala scene ... Ufff plz don't kill me I like all scene which we had with mujju 'Daneez and Kiran The very first after their marriage (Bacho walo )scene was amazing and Funny>3

4 meee this one was not bad at all πŸ‘πŸΌ

hi5 Nosh! πŸ˜†

I never got bored either..nor did I miss a single episode. One of my favorite Fawad performances, and for that sole reason...this was a special show for me. Mujju goes down as a fav character as well. πŸ˜†