mitila thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

did you guys know that nikki aneja was supposed to be cast as nisha (the lead role played by madhuri dixit) for sooraj bharjatya's hum aapke hain koun????? just imagine what a big break it would have been for nikki. may be then, she wouldn't have done tv serials and we would have missed her as dr.simran.

not only that, nikki met with a near-fatal road accident a couple of years ago... any one has any details regarding this?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhruvmagic1 thumbnail

hi mitila,

i had seenan episode on zee tv, it was a health show, where nikki had told about her accident and how she overcome it.

she had the accident on the sets of ghar wali uparwali serial. there was a car scene and the car hit her ran on top of her. she had a blot clot for years and could get up from bed for years. she was the only earner in her family then, she ws also worried whether her husband now will marry her. with her detrmination and guts she coem out of that stage and now leads a normal life and yes is happily married. hats off to her courage and perseverance.

pooja

mitila thumbnail
thanx pooja for your prompt reply.
RikNik thumbnail

Hi Mitila & Pooja,

I was not aware of Niki being a contender for the role of "Nisha" in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. But I do know that she starred in a David Dhawan movie almost 8-10 years ago opposite Anil Kapoor known as "Mr. Azaad". The movie was a super flop but Niki had a bad experience typical to newcomers in the film industry. Heard that she swore off roles on the big screen and went on to do several tv serials. She was also slated to do Juhi Chawla's role in Yes Boss. Also read that she was now open to roles in off-beat cinema.

Have read about her accident on the sets of Gharwali Uparwali -- but did not see her on "The Good Health Show". I remember reading that she was quite badly hurt when the driver stepped on the accelerator instead of the brakes thereby dragging her with the vehicle for a few feet. Heard she had injured her back and arm and was bed-ridden for several months. Am surprised to read from your post that she was bed-ridden for years!! From whatever I know about her -- I think she comes from quite an affluent family and her father owned a studio in Bombay. Can't digest the information given by you -- but then I have never seen any of her interviews -- all that I have is mere hearsay and from the net!!

All said and done I quite like the lady and comes across as quite cheerful in real life!!

Cheers!!

RikNik

principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So, she was the first choice for "Nisha"! I didn't know that! It's hard for me to imagin another Nisha but Madhuri.. But, I guess Nikki would make a nice cute Nisha..

nandinee thumbnail

no i dont agree.. she wasnt the first choice for nisha in HAHK...

she is also not from an affluent family...

she went to st. theresa's school in bombay @ santa cruz... and stayed in juhu... in a sidey society...

she was pretty cheap/ chaaloo kinda girl during her days... not at all well to do.. and wanted stardom @ any cost...

no wonder she went to any kind of serials & wore cheap/short clothes... i dont remember the name.. but there was one on zee with many actors.. including raakhee tandon & rohit roy... anyone remember the name? it was a comedy prgram... she was quite stupid & cheap in tht!

RikNik thumbnail

The serial with Raakhee Tandon and Rohit Roy was called "Baat Ban Jaye" and was an absolute copy of "Three's Company". I think Niki looked quite nice in the serial -- she did wear shorts and stuff in the serial -- but was able to carry it off well with her slender frame. Although I must admit -- the director made them all overact in the serial and they were all quite loud.

She sure did live in Juhu prior to her marriage -- but was never hard up for money!!! Come on -- her father owned a studio in Bombay!! Can't believe that she wanted stardom at any cost. Seems like a pretty nice kid -- not one to compromise her dignity for roles.

But then -- I don't know her or anyone else who knows her -- so there is no way that I can verify the details.

I like to see her on TV and have seen almost all her serials. Nice girl -- good to look at. Am glad to see that she is now happily married.

kkkripa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hi guys

Im a great fan of Nikki aneja walia......no idea whether she was suppose to play Nisha in hahk......but ofcourse she was approached for Yes Boss....when Juhi herself opted out ,but later when she jumped back in the producer then wanted Nikki to do Kashmira shah's role....which Nikki denied.She has done some good serials like gharwali uparwhaali,sea-hawks to name a few but she was not definitely cheap in baat ban jaaye....she did wear some western outfits but not skimpy ones....& during then she use to be thin so it suited her very well......i personally dont think wearing a short skirt or short pants or noodle strap makes the body look cheap as long as one can take them of well....& especially she was playing a teenager in that serial unlike Astitva.
few years back i ad seen her in an intrview on sony ......i dont remember the serials name but the host was Archana puran singh & in that inteview nikki mentioned that she's not living with her parents anymore coz of some differences....& that she's staying alone & she actually said no more movies coz Mr. Azad was a bad experience.

cheers.

RikNik thumbnail

am quite surprised to know about the differences Niki had with her family. What I have been given to understand is that she is extremely close to her mother and sisters and her father too when he was alive.

I have personally never seen or read any of her interviews. Saw a few rapid fire questions on a programe on Zee TV called "Kahiye Toh".

Cheers

Khushalay thumbnail
ok if she was the first choice for the role of nisha then y she didn't do that.