Posted: 11 years ago
hhaha, khud to gaayab rahti ho srklicious ji
Hinu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Anushka tags Shah Rukh 'most romantic actor'

Friday, January 25, 2013 | 1:20:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 23 Comments
Anushka tags Shah Rukh 'most romantic actor'

She romanced him in her first movie "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" and then wooed him in "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". Anushka Sharma says that superstar Shah Rukh Khan is the most romantic actor, both on and off the screen.

Anushka sharma

She romanced him in her first movie "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" and then wooed him in "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". Anushka Sharma says that superstar Shah Rukh Khan is the most romantic actor, both on and off the screen.

"You really have to ask me that question? Obviously Shah Rukh Khan. On screen and off-screen, everywhere, it's Shah Rukh Khan," she told reporters when asked to name the most romantic hero.

She was speaking at the unveiling of Geetanjali's Valentine jewellery collection Thursday.

"He (SRK) respects women a lot and I think that is something extremely nice. He is extremely charming," added the model-turned actress who is five-year-old in filmdom.

Expression of love may be larger-than-life in movies, but

In real life, Anushka feels love is all about small gestures and not grand displays.

"It (love) is a very subjective thing. To me, I prefer simplicity. I will find love in very small gestures and not in big displays or ways like booking a whole restaurant and all," Anushka said.

"I think it's more about small, small things - like when unexpectedly someone can shower you with love and attention. To me that's more special," she added.

Often seen as chirpy and bubbly girl on celluloid, Anushka's last outing was "Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola" where she featured as spunky girl.

Her forthcoming projects are "Bombay Velvet" and "P.K." with superstar Aamir Khan.

Hinu786 thumbnail

hahrukh Khan: I am made a symbol of all that is unpatriotic about Muslims in India

IANS3.29 PM IST 01.23.2013
Shahrukh Khan: I am made a symbol of all that is unpatriotic about Muslims in India
Yogen Shah

SRK bares it all on what it means to be a Muslim in the post-9/11 world

Shahrukh Khan says how he became an "inadvertent object of political leaders" in his interview toOutlook Turning Points magazine, published in association with The New York Timesnewspaper. Titled Being a Khan, the write-up appears in the current issue of the magazine and the 47-year-old actor, one of the few Indian actors with international recognition, writes: "I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India."

"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country – this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland," added the superstar of Hindi cinema.

SRK is married to Gauri, a Hindu, and has two children – Aryan and Suhana. "I gave my son and daughter names that could pass for generic (pan-India and pan-religious) ones – Aryan and Suhana. The Khan has been bequeathed by me so they can't really escape it."

"I pronounce it with my epiglottis when asked by Muslims and throw the Aryan as evidence of their race when non-Muslims enquire. I imagine this will prevent my offspring from receiving unwarranted eviction orders or random fatwas in the future," he wrote.

He said he became so sick of being mistaken for some crazed terrorist, "who co-incidentally carries the same name as mine that I made a film subtly titled My Name Is Khan (and I am not a terrorist) to prove a point."

Set in the post 9/11 US, My Name Is Khan focuses on religious and national identities through Rizwan (SRK), who has Asperger's syndrome, and how his Khan identity becomes all important in a suspicious America.

"Ironically, I was interrogated at the airport for hours about my last name when I was going to promote the film in America for the first time," said SRK.

Hinu786 thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan @iamsrk Forbes India 2013

Hinu786 thumbnail

Hinu786 thumbnail