Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Divya6696 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Shahrukh Khan pens his agony of 'Being a Khan'

Perhaps in one of his most candid confession, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has revealed what does it mean to be a Muslim in the post-9/11 world. Shahrukh Khan, popularly known as SRK, has also said that many politicians had asked him to return back to his "native homeland".
In a first person account titled "Being a Khan" for Outlook Turning Points magazine, published in association with The New York Times newspaper, the 47-year-old actor has poured out his agony to the readers.

Below are some excerpts from the article titled "Being a Khan"

I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India. There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation (Pakistan) rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my 'original' homeland.

I gave my son and daughter names that could pass for generic (pan-India and pan-religious) ones - Aryan and Suhana. The Khan has been bequeathed by me so they can't really escape it. I pronounce it with my epiglottis when asked by Muslims and throw the Aryan as evidence of their race when non-Muslims enquire. I imagine this will prevent my offspring from receiving unwarranted eviction orders or random fatwas in the future

SRK also added that he became so sick of being mistaken for some crazed terrorist, "who co-incidentally carries the same name as mine that I made a film subtly titled 'My Name Is Khan' (and I am not a terrorist) to prove a point."

Ironically, I was interrogated at the airport for hours about my last name when I was going to promote the film in America for the first time.

Divya6696 thumbnail
See guys.. I made this from the Zee Cine Awards Video.. 😳

byritesh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
piggy chopps is giving a st-nning look
Hinu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: byritesh

piggy chopps is giving a st-nning look

piggy chops ? 😲
byritesh thumbnail

piggy chopps is a nickna-e of priyanka chopra like king khan for srk big b for anitabh bachchan n all
Hinu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

piggy chopps is a nickna-e of priyanka chopra like king khan for srk big b for anitabh bachchan n all

i know am a fan of peecee so i know that its her nickname but where u saw peecee pic?
Divya6696 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HinaMahekian

i know am a fan of peecee so i know that its her nickname but where u saw peecee pic?

That's your DP dear.. 😆
byritesh thumbnail
Now what is DP here ?

profile pic ? bt I have switched srk as ny dp then priyanka kaha se dikhi ?

now I n confsed

will yew plzz take ne off of this confsion ?
Divya6696 thumbnail

Now what is DP here ?

profile pic ? bt I have switched srk as ny dp then priyanka kaha se dikhi ?

now I n confsed

will yew plzz take ne off of this confsion ?

DP is Display Picture.. I know yours is SRK.. I was talking about hers.. hers is Priyanka Chopra..
Divya6696 thumbnail

heya Hina.. Good Afternoon.. :)