What Would You Do? [ZGH]

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
The question's been nagging me since I watched this week's (21st December) episode of ZGH. If you were in Kashaf's place, would you forgive Murtaza? 😕

Keeping aside the fact that Kashaf is a super pessimistic, her anger at her father is justified. The man who never took care of them, never paid for their expenses, never acted like a proper fatherly figure to them...would it be okay for someone like Kashaf to forgive him? From what I've seen in the promos, her mother does rebuke her for not respecting her father and she says that all his life he never took care of them and now suddenly he is acting like a father (not the exact lines but something like that 😆). I'm guessing that he turns around when Kashaf becomes a CSS officer...matlab, it'd be all just to bath in the glory of a successful daughter.

I commented to my mother while watching the epi that if Kashaf forgives her father, it'll leave a bad taste in my mouth. She told me that a child has no right to hold his/her parent in a court because that's just against the teachings of Islam. I replied that but if a parent isn't doing what a parent should do, how come all the responsibility falls on the child only? Ainvayi, zabardasti! But khair, that's treading on religious lines so forget that. As a human, I personally would never forgive Murtaza. Though I know it's a drama and since it's all "Shikwe Se Shukar Ka Safar", in the end Kashaf has to forgive Murtaza and there'd be a happy ending all around...I personally don't want her to forgive him. And if she does, UA has to give a very strong reason to convince me that someone like Kashaf will forgive someone like Murtaza.

I know, still too early to judge anything. For all we know, Murtaza's change could be genuine and not selfish but I don't think that's the case. I just want to know, would you be able to forgive a father? A father like Murtaza? Would you, in your future when you are all independent, decide to forgive and forget and move on and have a nice, cordial relationship with your father. Reasons would be appreciated 😳

I know, quite a bakwas post but it's been nagging me!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I'm saying this out of personal experience..and the answer is NO!
Putting everything aside..logic, mind, rules..everything. Nahin hota.. you cannot forgive..you just can't.

And..i understand Kashaf...alot.. as for now..
How the story unfolds..even I'm eager to see..

Edited by .SilentPrincess - 11 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: .SilentPrincess

I'm saying this out of personal experience..and the answer is NO!
Putting everything aside..logic, mind, rules..everything. Nahin hota.. you cannot forgive..you just can't.

And..i understand Kashaf...alot.. as for now..
How the story unfolds..even I'm eager to see..

That's what I said to my mother that forgiving a person like that becomes so hard! Specially if you don't have many happy memories attached to them but since she gave me the Islamic lecture, I shut up. I hope the story unfolds in a way that if Kashaf does forgive him, the reason is convincing...

Personal experience? I'm sorry to hear that
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Im so glad someone made a topic on ZGH.
And coming 2 this topic. Well where to begin. If a mother have been like their mother and father since their childhood, the the child just cannot accept their father and respect him. If we look at it islamic way. I've always been told "Maa/baap ko uff tak nahi karna chahiye". If the situation like ZGH occurs i wud forgive my father, but not forget, there is no way i wud. I don't evn think i wud love him as my father but respect him, coz he IS my father.
And a child cannot stand a so called father abusing their mother in front of them, when he kinda has nothing 2 do wth them.

Evn if he stayed in their house as a father and didn't help much wth householding, evn then a child cannot love his father, and just respect him.
I totally understand Kashaf's behaviour, anyone wud behave tht way, specially whn they r old enough 2 protect their mother.
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

Im so glad someone made a topic on ZGH.

And coming 2 this topic. Well where to begin. If a mother have been like their mother and father since their childhood, the the child just cannot accept their father and respect him. If we look at it islamic way. I've always been told "Maa/baap ko uff tak nahi karna chahiye". If the situation like ZGH occurs i wud forgive my father, but not forget, there is no way i wud. I don't evn think i wud love him as my father but respect him, coz he IS my father.
And a child cannot stand a so called father abusing their mother in front of them, when he kinda has nothing 2 do wth them.

Evn if he stayed in their house as a father and didn't help much wth householding, evn then a child cannot love his father, and just respect him.
I totally understand Kashaf's behaviour, anyone wud behave tht way, specially whn they r old enough 2 protect their mother.

Lolz, this is the only topic I can come up with ZGH, rest all sahi chal raha hai! 😛

I believe Kashaf's mother would easily be a sit-at-home mother had Murtuza been a responsible father and husband. But when she saw that she is getting no moral and financial support from her husband, she chose to take responsibility. Now Murtaza, instead of being silently thankful that his first wife is taking care of his children, albeit unwanted one, he is all becoming egoistic that she is working and making her children no respect him. In reality, the girls have no respect for their father...who would? Other two might eventually succumb and accept their father but it's hard for me to imagine Kashaf doing it...when I as a person can't respect someone like Murtaza, who has nothing to do me, Kashaf's turmoil is too big because he is her father and has everything to do with her!