Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Fari, do we have a account for ZGH snaps, like we did for Humsafar?
I want to make some sigs = D
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 11 years ago
TRND86 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

^^To be honest, initially i didn't notice it.When the episode was on re - run then i saw it. The text was not even funny, i don't believe they overlooked it. But than again, so did i!

I did see it & didn't like it much. I guess we are so used to seeing things like this in everyday life too that it goes unnoticed. I am glad someone brought it to their attention. They probably know that this show would have an impact on the public so everyone will be watching the smallest things. When we like something to the point pf it becoming a craze, there is going to be praise as well as criticism. Looking at it that way, I think they should be more careful about what the y show on tv.

P.S. Shiza I love your stories. I love reading Choices. I am sorry I haven't been able to comment but you are a fantastic writer. 👏
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
And well said, with praise comes criticism also. The director should have been more careful with even the tiniest of details because they can apparently become a big issue. And this issue is right to be pin -pointed. I just don't understand how they could overlook it, i mean we see with the eyes first. And especially when they make a show, they are observant of every aspect of it. Anyway, i agree with the voices raised. We need to be careful of what is shown on TV, because people watch it all around the globe.

You seem to know my name, whats your name? & Thank you, i didn't know you followed Choices.😳

TRND86 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

And well said, with praise comes criticism also. The director should have been more careful with even the tiniest of details because they can apparently become a big issue. And this issue is right to be pin -pointed. I just don't understand how they could overlook it, i mean we see with the eyes first. And especially when they make a show, they are observant of every aspect of it. Anyway, i agree with the voices raised. We need to be careful of what is shown on TV, because people watch it all around the globe.

You seem to know my name, whats your name? & Thank you, i didn't know you followed Choices.😳

I guess the show is already made now but they should review once to make sure that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Audiences are more intelligent than they are given credit for. I hope they'll learn from this. The problem I see is that actors would defend it taking it casually & stating that it's part of today's society. What they forget is that their audience is diverse. Some would have no problem with these things but some will bring it up. I see worst things happening in other dramas but most people let it go or just change the channel. The reason I want to watch a quality drama such as ZGH is because I like the work that they have made in the past. So I know that they would be careful about coming across insensitive. I think I should stop at that. lol

I have heard your name many times on your thread! I am Reem. I love reading Choices, even though it sometimes puts me in a sad retrospection. I know it is a story but you must have been inspired by something you had seen or experienced in real life. That makes me more thankful to Allah that I have a good life but I till complain about certain aspects of life. I also love the little paragraph you have in the beginning of your chapter. It shows your sensitive character & puts a message across without being preachy! 👏
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Reem, apne toh tariff ki line laga di. Thank you. I don't know what else to say.I really didn't think, this story would go on to become this deep when i started writing it. And yes, this story is inspired by real life event. Only the initial parts, rest are what i thought would or should happen.We shouldn't be discussing this here! Fari will get her broomstick, soon 😆 Still, thank you Reem, feels nice to know i have silent readers who do appreciate the story.

About the show, i guess they just need to be more careful of what they put across. The fact is now audience has become mature and they look forward to watching shows, where they know they can acquire entertainment along with a message. At least for Pakistani shows, i believe they hold strong view points - That is one of the reasons, i started watching these shows. Otherwise, my mum couldn't even bribe me to watch a Pakistani show.😆

So, how are you liking ZGH?
ZumSrK. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Shiz here u go pics album:)

http://zigh.imgur.com/
TRND86 thumbnail
LoL I will continue the praise on your FF thread 😃

I liked the 1st two episodes. They slowly integrated the background of the characters into the story & that gives us a better idea of who they are & why they behave the way they do. My favorite character is Kashaf. I have seen girls like her, I am friends with someone like her & somewhere I am also a little like her. I really don't value people who don't have the decency of being polite to others. It puts me in trouble a lot as I speak before I think. I see it as honesty & clarity but a lot of people see it as being blunt and rude.
Zaroon's family is nothing out of ordinary either. Living in North America, I have seen families so engrossed in their own self that they forget they are a unit & should give each other's preference a thought.
Overall I am liking the story which does have a message of educating our girls. Somewhere I want to see the equality being shown once Zaroon & Kashaf are married. After all, marriage is a partnership. LEts wait & watch.
What about you? Are you liking it so far?
InvisibleSmile thumbnail

Thank you Zummii :) I am going to make some sigs now, hopefully they will turn out okay.😆
InvisibleSmile thumbnail

Originally posted by: TRND86

LoL I will continue the praise on your FF thread 😃

I liked the 1st two episodes. They slowly integrated the background of the characters into the story & that gives us a better idea of who they are & why they behave the way they do. My favorite character is Kashaf. I have seen girls like her, I am friends with someone like her & somewhere I am also a little like her. I really don't value people who don't have the decency of being polite to others. It puts me in trouble a lot as I speak before I think. I see it as honesty & clarity but a lot of people see it as being blunt and rude.
Zaroon's family is nothing out of ordinary either. Living in North America, I have seen families so engrossed in their own self that they forget they are a unit & should give each other's preference a thought.
Overall I am liking the story which does have a message of educating our girls. Somewhere I want to see the equality being shown once Zaroon & Kashaf are married. After all, marriage is a partnership. LEts wait & watch.
What about you? Are you liking it so far?

To be honest, i think i have been waiting for this show for sooo long that its hard not to fall in love with it. Since a friend has read the actual novel itself, she got us excited also 😆 And i can't say, that so far it hasn't lived up to my expectations because it has. I like the contrast, between the leads. It will be very interesting to see how they fall in love considering their venomous feeling for the opposite sex. Individually, i like both Kashaf and Zaroon. I think i am in love with Zaroon; he seems almost dream boy types! Sara just annoys me, along with her mother also. However Sara is just annoying, she has no respect for her anyone, including her father. That is just disgusting. Overall the show is good so far. And the topics raised are worth talking about. Especially getting girls educated.

You know about the politeness thing, we were having a discussion on it yesterday. It was interesting, the question asked was - If you were in Kashaf's place when Zaroon came to talk to her, what would you have done? I really said i would excuse myself and remain quiet. However i was told, this kind of razzing calling, chudail awwal is of the norm. I guess if i looked at it in that view, i could over look their mocking. But otherwise, i liked Kashaf for being blunt. They were judging her without knowing her. Do they know how hard she worked to achieve that stature? What would you have done?
TRND86 thumbnail
I agree with you about Sara's character. I cannot stand insensitive people. In personal life, I steer clear of them. Professionally, I have come across the most insensitive idiots (Sorry but that is the only way to describe them) & I am polite to them but it ends there.
About the rudeness part, I have done both. I have stayed quiet & I have spoken up. The difference was when the comments were about me and they weren't harmful, I stayed quiet because I know I am in a competitive profession. The thing I cannot stand is bullying (direct or indirect) especially when you don't know me, you have no right to judge me. I have mostly talked back when the gossip/attack was on my friends or family. I am very protective of those who I love so anyone talking badly about them are going to hear from me, be it a kid, my colleague or some aunty. This is the reason I get in trouble. My mother tells me to let it go and we have this talk every 6 months. She thinks I will scare away my honay wali Saas 😉